PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Classical (Suitable for background during meals / arrivals etc)

Corabar Steve
12-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Following from this thread (http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=75390#post75390) What are your top 10 tracks of the genre? (please only list tracks that are proven to actually work in a mobile disco situation & not just because they are of a certain genre. Also must be suitable for all ages)

It doesn't matter if you post a track that somebody else has, the idea is to find good useable tracks of the genre that are proven to work for mobile DJs

Please Stick to the specific genre in the thread title

axeman
12-11-2006, 11:56 PM
Ii know its not classical, but - ive worked at the local posh hotel (ramside hall) for the last couple of years and found modern swing went well with dinner dance type situations, during the meal i'd play westlife - aint that a kick..... robbie swing when your winning album, and a lot of the originals like dean martin, sammy davis jr, sinatra etc, that sort of thing but not classical, just my opinion.

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-11-2006, 12:18 AM
Ii know its not classical, but - ive worked at the local posh hotel (ramside hall) for the last couple of years and found modern swing went well with dinner dance type situations, during the meal i'd play westlife - aint that a kick..... robbie swing when your winning album, and a lot of the originals like dean martin, sammy davis jr, sinatra etc, that sort of thing but not classical, just my opinion.

Sorry, but that has nothing to do with this thread?

We are talking about lists from particular genres, not what you think works well.

Please stick to the topic.:)

Corabar Steve
13-11-2006, 10:13 AM

That would go in the Big Band / Swing thread then.

LISTS ONLY & ON TOPIC PLEASE

axeman
13-11-2006, 01:33 PM
(Suitable for background during meals / arrivals etc)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
am i seeing things ??

Corabar Steve
13-11-2006, 02:27 PM
(Suitable for background during meals / arrivals etc)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
am i seeing things ??
I don't know, but I'm beginning to think I am.

The Key word here is CLASSICAL
"Suitable for background during meals / arrivals etc" was added to ensure that the 1812 Overture & other "firework" music wasn't included.

Now as requested earlier LISTS ONLY & ON TOPIC PLEASE (any further off topic posts will just be deleted. Sorry for being blunt, but it appears that a bit of clarity is required)

Corabar Steve
15-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Anyone?

(Bump)

SonRise
15-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Can only think of one at the mo...

Morning Glory - Peer Gynt Suite (Used In The Nescafe Ads)

LILLYSTONE
16-11-2006, 09:45 AM
I don't think many people play classical music Corabar.

I have "Classic FM at the Movies" and "Classical Chillout Gold" but never play them at discos.

Corabar Steve
16-11-2006, 10:14 AM
I don't think many people play classical music Corabar.

I have "Classic FM at the Movies" and "Classical Chillout Gold" but never play them at discos.

Funnily enough, we've had a lot of enquiries about playing Classical at functions while the guests are arriving / during champagne receptions etc lately. I don't think anyone would seriously play any during their main section of the gig, even during the buffet break. But I suppose it all depends on the type of gig & class of client, as I have used Classical as background during a full sit down 4 course meal at the request of the client.

Anyway, we're getting a bit :offtopic: here the idea of these top 10 threads is to be able to compile a useable list of tracks for each genre in question, to go in the DJ help guides when we reinstate them. Can we keep posts to lists from now on please.

Ta

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-11-2006, 11:43 AM
I do play it ocassionally, but have a folder on PCDJ, so don't really take much notice of what is playing.

I also use classical for quizzes quite a lot, but then that's not mobile discos is it?

Can we keep posts to lists from now on please.

Ta

Oops...:o

axeman
16-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Like i said at the beginning of the thread - The hotel i work, is frequented by the horsey set, celebrities, footballers, the golf club members and visitors and a few people who think they are above their station....lol - but I've never been called upon nor found classical to be suitable for any of the occasions even the most affluant and wonderful
good luck trying to get bl0od from a stone with this thread,
also, with reference to this "That would go in the Big Band / Swing thread then" - I replied b4 the big band thread was listed,

Right, Ill get off my soap box

Corabar Steve
16-11-2006, 02:12 PM
Like i said at the beginning of the thread - The hotel i work, is frequented by the horsey set, celebrities, footballers, the golf club members and visitors and a few people who think they are above their station....lol - but I've never been called upon nor found classical to be suitable for any of the occasions even the most affluant and wonderful
good luck trying to get bl0od from a stone with this thread,
also, with reference to this "That would go in the Big Band / Swing thread then" - I replied b4 the big band thread was listed,

Right, Ill get off my soap boxI beg to differ

Corabar Steve
16-11-2006, 02:15 PM
if you don't want t scroll back up to check it, here you go.

Link removed

& you're right about blood out of a stone though, especially when people ignore specific requests as to thread content. I think I have enough to cover it through my own experience anyway so I'll close the thread now)