PDA

View Full Version : Venue recce is seldom time wasted!

Spirits High
01-09-2016, 10:03 PM
Got a Wedding coming up on the 17th at what the B&G said was a "Rural Farm building"

As it was not too far away I arranged to meet them there to have a look at it, check power etc etc.

Here's some pics of their venue :eek:

They say it will be all cleared out with a stage area, hay bales etc. Looking forward to the "after" pics!

Excalibur
01-09-2016, 11:19 PM
Looking forward to the "after" pics!

You mean after they've lined it, and it looks for all the world like the inside of a high grade marquee? You've got a good start there, I had a very posh wedding in a farm building which had cattle in it a week before!! :D

Benny Smyth
02-09-2016, 02:50 AM
Did you call dibs on the recliner?

DazzyD
02-09-2016, 07:55 AM
Are those windows in the roof or natural air conditioning? :eek:

Excalibur
02-09-2016, 08:52 AM
Are those windows in the roof or natural air conditioning? :eek:

You :muppet: It's corrugated clear plastic. It has an extremely annoying property. It degrades in sunlight, becoming opaque and brittle. When it's new, you can bend or saw it with ease. When it's old, just looking at it wrongly can cause it to shatter. I've replaced a sheet or two in my time.

Paul.from the piccies, I'd follow rule one in the DJ handbook- Take the high ground. Bound to be a forklift to assist with getting the kit up there. :)

stormproductions
04-09-2016, 09:11 PM
Yep, looks relatively clean and tidy compared to one site visit I once did, with knackered old tractors and all sorts that needed moving. Looked amazing on the day of the gig.

Then there's this one:
(hint - it wasn't the section on the left behind my old Transit!)

with a view of the inside:

which looked like this by the day of the gig:

I'm now remembering another one which hadn't been used for anything since it was a milking shed and had a slurry channel down the middle. Was fab with a new level concrete floor and starcloth draped right through the roof.

ukpartydj
04-09-2016, 09:37 PM
You :muppet: It's corrugated clear plastic. It has an extremely annoying property. It degrades in sunlight, becoming opaque and brittle. When it's new, you can bend or saw it with ease. When it's old, just looking at it wrongly can cause it to shatter. I've replaced a sheet or two in my time.

Paul.from the piccies, I'd follow rule one in the DJ handbook- Take the high ground. Bound to be a forklift to assist with getting the kit up there. :)

Yep, we've got a bizzare "conservatory" on the back of our house with this as a roof... Recently has gained holes from a heavy downpour :(