PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 tracks of 2016?

yourdj
03-11-2016, 12:24 PM
As Christmas silly season is almost upon us, what have you top 5-10 dance floor killers of 2016 been? :)
Any tracks released this year.

Corabar Steve
03-11-2016, 01:20 PM
Killers or Fillers?

yourdj
03-11-2016, 03:17 PM
Killers or Fillers?

Sorry Fillers. :)

Corabar Steve
03-11-2016, 03:36 PM
TBH, I think this year has been the worst for new mainstream music since I started DJing. The only track I can think of that has had a consistently good reaction that came out this year is Justin Timberlake - Can't stop the feeling

yourdj
03-11-2016, 04:01 PM
Justin Timberlake - Can't stop the feeling

:agree:

I personally have liked - cheap thrills as its reasonably original and seems to work with all ages.

Sexual - Neiked although rather poppy, has a really nice bounce to it.
Only tried it once, but I think it will be a good one at the start of the night.

I do like Heathens and sucker for pain too.
Tons more I am sure, but those are 2016 tracks that I can think of.

Everything else falls under 2015 / 14 (such as Uptown Funk).

ppentertainments
03-11-2016, 04:06 PM
The 3 for me which stand out are :

This Girl - Kungs vs Cookin' On 3 Burners
Cheap Thrills - Sia
Drake – One Dance

As well as Justin Timberlake as Steve mentioned. However now it is November we should see the flurry of half decent songs upcoming for the Xmas season

Excalibur
03-11-2016, 05:32 PM
TBH, I think this year has been the worst for new mainstream music since I started DJing.
I've been saying that since 1980, but I genuinely think this year has been particularly poor for good stuff. Heavens, when we're all agreeing that Justin Timberlake is near the top of the heap, and Justin Bieber has had about eight chart hits simultaneously.................................... .............

Imagine
04-11-2016, 12:04 AM
I've been saying that since 1980, but I genuinely think this year has been particularly poor for good stuff. Heavens, when we're all agreeing that Justin Timberlake is near the top of the heap, and Justin Bieber has had about eight chart hits simultaneously.................................... .............

:agree::agree:

I have to go with my learn'd friend from 'oop North on this one. The current chart (and 2016 in particular) has been utter c:Censored:p. What in the name of all that's holy was Panda all about?

Timberlake - Can't stop the feeling works (very, very well). It also mixes nicely into a loop of Uptown Funk (sorry....November 2014 officially. :sorry:

I don't tend to do chart countdown type stuff for Xmas parties....they tend to be more pure :chzy::chzy: (it just works once Twinspin's breakfast kicks in ;) ). And luckily (by choice)...I'm not working NYE this year (which is when I'd normally do the chart countdown for the year).

I think I'll retreat back to the 80s now....it was much nicer back then. You could actually sing to most of the songs :)

Benny Smyth
04-11-2016, 06:53 AM
I guess that I'm the only one who has actually enjoyed what's been in the charts this year. :daft:

This Girl - Kungs vs Cookin' On 3 Burners
Cheap Thrills - Sia
Drake – One Dance

As well as Justin Timberlake as Steve mentioned.

Other songs to add to the above would be:

Bastille: Good Grief
Calvin Harris & Rihanna: This Is What You Came For
Zara Larsson: Lush Life
Jonas Blue: Perfect Stranger
Callum Scott: Dancing On My Own (Tiësto Remix)
Alan Walker: Faded
Tinie Tempah: Girls Like
Galantis: No Money
Cash Cash: I Feel Like A Millionaire

Excalibur
04-11-2016, 08:22 AM
I think I'll retreat back to the 80s now....it was much nicer back then. You could actually sing to most of the songs :)
Err, I presume you hit a wrong key. I'm sure you meant to type 70s. :no:

I guess that I'm the only one who has actually enjoyed what's been in the charts this year. :daft:

Apparently so. I think you can get tablets for that. :p

Nakatomi
04-11-2016, 08:32 AM
Dunno about a top ten... But I think Benny's right. There's been a fair wodge of OK stuff this year. Yeah dance music slowed down to an almost unacceptable 115bpm but remixes have helped.

Kungs.
JT - I got this feeling
Lukas Graham 7 years (hate him but got good reactions)
Little Mix - Hair
Zara Laarsen - Lush Life
DNCE - cake
Tinie Tempah - girls like
Format B - Chunky

There were others, but I found they were 2015. Hah.

ukpartydj
04-11-2016, 10:03 AM
These 2 have done well at my events:

Stop the feeling
Cake by the ocean

Others mentioned have been hit or miss.

yourdj
04-11-2016, 11:17 AM
Kungs has been requested lots recently. Drake too.

Thans for the additions guys. I have a 'Christmas jumper party" this year, so its not 70's like the previous 2 years, so nice to know. Nothing shocking so far.

Kungs.
JT - I got this feeling
Lukas Graham 7 years (hate him but got good reactions)
Little Mix - Hair
Zara Laarsen - Lush Life
DNCE - cake
Tinie Tempah - girls like
Format B - Chunky

There were others, but I found they were 2015. Hah.

4 of that list are 2015. Forget the 2016 release date. Just what ever is fairly modern and packs a dance floor. :)

DeckstarDeluxe
04-11-2016, 01:22 PM
Drake - One Dance
Sia - Cheap Trills
JT - Can't Stop The Feeling
Bruno Mars - 24k Magic
Ariana Grande - side to side

One I'm hoping to become popular (but more likely in the clubs than mobile) is this latest release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LScU4BRYtww

Nakatomi
04-11-2016, 01:36 PM
Kungs has been requested lots recently. Drake too.

Thans for the additions guys. I have a 'Christmas jumper party" this year, so its not 70's like the previous 2 years, so nice to know. Nothing shocking so far.

4 of that list are 2015. Forget the 2016 release date. Just what ever is fairly modern and packs a dance floor. :)

Shows you how relevant current music is to many of my gigs Toby. I've only been asked to play Drake twice this year & both times were proms. So far, so predictable.

Nakatomi
04-11-2016, 01:38 PM
One I'm hoping to become popular (but more likely in the clubs than mobile) is this latest release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LScU4BRYtww

Aye me too. Picked it up from PromoOnly last week when I signed up.

mattydj50
05-11-2016, 10:27 PM
These 2 have done well at my events:

Stop the feeling
Cake by the ocean

Others mentioned have been hit or miss.

Or as was on one of my request sheets recently, "Cake by the sea".