PDA

View Full Version : Playlist

mbp
02-01-2017, 10:29 PM
Has anyone got a really good playlist that 'should' cover the majority of events, or is this something that does not really exist??

I do understand that not all events are equal, but would be an interesting list as I've been out of the biz for a few years and times have changed!!

Must Plays?.......Floor Fillers etc?

Advise for an ageing returnee would be greatly appreciated...

Nakatomi
02-01-2017, 10:50 PM
If I've learned anything in the 2 years since I started DJing again it's that just about anything you think is virtually guaranteed to do something, may very well not do it.

Take a look at this list, allowing for its USA bias, but a lot of it still holds:

https://www.djintelligence.com/pages/mobilebeatprint.asp

mbp
02-01-2017, 11:12 PM
Thanks Juski,
It's a good list.......and a good start......

Used to be fairly good at reading an audience, but that was back in the day, getting back 'into the groove' might be a challenge now!

Nakatomi
03-01-2017, 01:20 AM
Thanks Juski,
It's a good list.......and a good start......

Used to be fairly good at reading an audience, but that was back in the day, getting back 'into the groove' might be a challenge now!

Just over 2 years ago I came back to DJing after a break of something like 8 years - maybe more I wasn't really counting - and even then my last post was in a club playing pre-chart dance music.. In that time I'd pretty much ignored music of the day & only really sought out what I liked. Anyway, my first time back was a wedding - I was doing a walkin gig for a guy I worked with in my day job. It went really well apart from a proper clanger floor clearer - I've still not played Let Me Entertain You since :lol: I didn't even know the 'joy' of Mr Brightside, Apple Bottom Jeans (Low), Chris Brown, Guetta, Calvin Harris, Rihanna, Chelsea Dagger, Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian or even the thing they call the Nicki Minadgee .....

There are pages with other lists with 'go to' tracks featured.. try the music section :)

mbp
03-01-2017, 06:03 AM
Which 'music supplier' would you recommend?....ie: cd pool / Promo Only etc? and any recommended compilations.

Thanks again, Juski...