PDA

View Full Version : trent bridge inn Nottingham

simon1969
09-03-2017, 07:51 PM
This venue has terrible parking and 4 flights of stairs!!

Benny Smyth
09-03-2017, 08:07 PM
Oh. Oh right.

Excalibur
10-03-2017, 06:12 PM
Oh. Oh right.

Tut tut, Benny. :no: The correct response would be along the lines of : " Thank you for that information. It will prove invaluable if I'm ever invited to quote for a function here. I'll therefore tag the price of a team of sherpas on".

Simon, am I to understand that you took a booking here, and the access came as an unpleasant surprise? Whatever, thanks for the info, it may easily help someone else. Knowledge is power. :)

simon1969
10-03-2017, 09:48 PM
Yes it did and staff that worked there were quite unhelpful.
My bad for not checking but venue was changed at last minute.
Most venues are great in Nottinghamshire.

mattydj50
13-03-2017, 12:04 PM
Of the three gigs I have done at Doncaster's Keepmoat Stadium, on two occasions the lift to the second floor function suite was not working when I got there, despite me checking two days earlier both times.

On the third, way-hay!! I got there and the lift was working. A doddle, thought I. A couple of hours later when the school prom guests were arriving, I became aware that the lift had stopped working again, meaning I thought about just opening the window and chucking the gear out!

Good news said the manager, you can use our service lift. Bad news, it was 80 yards away down the other end of the stand! We used the stairs! The security bloke was not amused in having to wait around, but did he offer us even a little finger to help? Ha!