PDA

View Full Version : i have got to tell you about this one

Dragonfly
15-11-2006, 10:49 AM
just had a call the conversation went

"hi im after a quote for a wedding next year?"

"certainly madam do you have a date in mind and a venue for your big day?"

"no im just ringing round to get the best price ....we dont really want to spend more than 1000 pounds on the whole wedding ........ we have been quoted the ridiculous sum of £300 by two people now."

"well to be honest madam £300 is about middle of the road for a wedding disco i couldnt do it for alot cheaper if the venue was around the corner"

phone goes down........... fade to black

£1000 quid thats jeans and a t shirt and reception at mcdonalds surely?

Corabar Steve
15-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Funny Angela just had somebody ask for a quote & when she told them the price the response was...............

"I want to hire it not buy it"

Clueless or what?

ross@rds
15-11-2006, 10:55 AM
Lol happy meals all round then ????

Is she mad £1000 on her wedding am sure it could be done but you will not get a good disco for a wedding under £250 at least.

Paul James Promotions
15-11-2006, 11:04 AM
£1000 for the entire wedding. Yeah right :) ;)

It's costing me more than that for the buffet! :eek:

DJ Frankie
15-11-2006, 11:10 AM
What a joke, yeah add another 17K to that price thats what mine cost about 10weeks ago.

Dragonfly
15-11-2006, 11:36 AM
i genuinely couldnt believe what i was hearing ...... i understand some people dont have a great deal of money and have to make the best of what they can my wedding was done in total for about 5k that was a mega tight budget and me calling in a few favours. surely tho people should have realistic budget before they start? it cant be a very special day for them for a grand?

BeerFunk
15-11-2006, 11:41 AM
Crazy.... :rolleyes:

You wonder why they don't just wait a year or two, and do it properly?

As George Michael once said "If you're gonna do it, do it right" :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-11-2006, 11:59 AM
£1000 for the entire wedding. Yeah right :) ;)

It's costing me more than that for the buffet! :eek:

Why isn't that surprising me?:D ;)

Danno13
15-11-2006, 01:08 PM
Even if they did have a low budget, i bet they wouldn't think twice about paying that for a bloody chocolate fountain or some other forgetable feature of the day.

Paul James Promotions
15-11-2006, 01:27 PM
Why isn't that surprising me?:D ;)

:eek: :( :mad:

:D :D :D

Silver
15-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Ok, so let's say she getting her wedding all sorted for £1,000. How much WILL she be paying for the dj? I would guess about £100 is the figure she's got in mind.

Dragonfly
15-11-2006, 06:19 PM
my guess is shes probably looking at less than that even.

Corabar Steve
15-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Even if they did have a low budget, i bet they wouldn't think twice about paying that for a bloody chocolate fountain or some other forgetable feature of the day.

Don't let Matt hear you say that :D

spin mobile disco
16-11-2006, 12:46 AM
Personally when I got married things were tight and we had to cut corners, how many corners ?

Well the whole thing cost us £60 on the level. We paid for the bans to be posted cost £30 each. My father inlaw owned a bakery and made all food etc. My brother provided free disco for a wedding present. Local church gave us use of building all day and night for free. Uncle was the registrar, another uncle was the minister. Dresses paid for by my mother inlaw. Suit bought for me as a wedding present.
Drove home on my motorbike including all the just married attached to it.
Had a great time, some of the best memories I have is of that day. Total cost to me and wife £60. We had only met about 3 months befor and have just celebrated our 5th anniversary in august and have our first kid on the way (we hope).
But saying that I bet not many people got their wedding day so good for the money lol.

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-11-2006, 12:50 AM
But that wasn't the cost of the wedding - just the cost to you.

Corabar Entertainment
17-11-2006, 01:42 AM
But that wasn't the cost of the wedding - just the cost to you.That's exactly what I was going to say! :D

Have a disco
17-11-2006, 03:25 PM
what can I say registry office special oh boy pub or council hall venue as theyre cheap but £1000 hm mmmmm what muppets hope the marriage is less cheaper than the day???? £250 no less regardless and thats beforer I even travel out of the local area

you just can vouch for peoples comments LOL

Corabar Steve
17-11-2006, 03:34 PM
what can I say registry office special oh boy pub or council hall venue as theyre cheap but £1000 hm mmmmm what muppets hope the marriage is less cheaper than the day???? £250 no less regardless and thats beforer I even travel out of the local area

you just can vouch for peoples comments LOL

Badger, slow down & punctuate