PDA

View Full Version : Games for 7 year olds

Ricesnaps
15-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Right then, seem to be getting all the kids work after none for years.

Any hints on a 7 year old party - client wants games, but it's been years since I played party games. Have they changed?

This is what I remember:

Musical Bumps
Musical Statues
Pass the parcel
Musical Chairs

And that's about it other than best dancer, best dressed and so on. Can I have some help?

Jiggles
15-11-2006, 07:57 PM
goodness i got an Ebook full of them but i cant find it on my PC!! ill go and hunt for it :D

Corabar Steve
15-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Right then, seem to be getting all the kids work after none for years.

Any hints on a 7 year old party - client wants games, but it's been years since I played party games. Have they changed?

This is what I remember:

Musical Bumps
Musical Statues
Pass the parcel
Musical Chairs

And that's about it other than best dancer, best dressed and so on. Can I have some help?
I have a phrase you may run into..........

PLI claim.

There are plenty of games they can play without the danger of you getting sued
goodness i got an Ebook full of them but i cant find it on my PC!! ill go and hunt for it :D
here's a link to it in this thread (http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2678&highlight=games)

Jiggles
15-11-2006, 08:57 PM
here's a link to it in this thread (http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2678&highlight=games)

Thanks I was looking on my PC but couldent find it :rolleyes: i i forgot it was on here :D

Corabar Steve
15-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Thanks I was looking on my PC but couldent find it :rolleyes: i i forgot it was on here :D

So did I. I was looking for something else:)

Thames Valley Discos
15-11-2006, 09:24 PM
hide and seek, count to three hours, job done lol

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-11-2006, 11:01 PM
How are you gonna get sued for playing musical bumps?

Come on.

Corabar Steve
16-11-2006, 05:51 AM
How are you gonna get sued for playing musical bumps?

Come on.
Seriously?

Have you seen the speed that some of the little blighters throw themselves down? Law suit waitng to happen (the DJ made them do it)

Mayhem 1
16-11-2006, 06:27 AM
Ricesnaps:-

Mummy game
one smart fellow
Arghhh game
corners
scramble
islands
traffic lights
captain on deck
knife/fork/spoon
Hunky hero (Boys)
Miss Princess (Girls)
Go Fetch

Are these any good to you mate?

Regards

Mayhem 1

Stormin' Si
16-11-2006, 09:49 AM
Seriously?

Have you seen the speed that some of the little blighters throw themselves down? Law suit waitng to happen (the DJ made them do it)

The phraase "Health and Safety Killjoy" springs to mind here. If it is a kids party your doing and the client has asked for kids games to be done, musical bumps is a classic game.

This "lets sue everyone world" we live in is getting way to stupid.

:mad:

Corabar Steve
16-11-2006, 10:18 AM
The phraase "Health and Safety Killjoy" springs to mind here. If it is a kids party your doing and the client has asked for kids games to be done, musical bumps is a classic game.

Indeed, but unfortunately it's the way of the world now.

Best to avoid anything that they could potentially injure themselves by participating in.

Ricesnaps
16-11-2006, 11:19 AM

Mummy game
one smart fellow
Arghhh game
corners
scramble
islands
traffic lights
captain on deck
knife/fork/spoon
Hunky hero (Boys)
Miss Princess (Girls)
Go Fetch

Regards

Mayhem 1
They may well be!

Can you tell me if these are the sort of games that are being played at 7 year old's birthdays these days? If they are, can you tell me how to play the ones listed?

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Seriously?

You can't be serious.

If you are, get them to sign a disclaimer...

I agree.

Indeed, but unfortunately it's the way of the world now.

Best to avoid anything that they could potentially injure themselves by participating in.

Like dancing?

Sorry Steve, but I think this is a joke.

soundtracker
16-11-2006, 12:21 PM

Mummy game
one smart fellow
Arghhh game
corners
scramble
islands
traffic lights
captain on deck
knife/fork/spoon
Hunky hero (Boys)
Miss Princess (Girls)
Go Fetch

Regards

Mayhem 1

Any chance of converting these names into instructions please Mr Mayhem sir?

soundtracker
16-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Watched a guy instructing kids all stood in a queue on how to whack a pinata- brilliant!!! Instruction one should have been - STAND A BIT FURTHER AWAY!!! first kid whacks girl in the queue around the temple!!! Priceless!

Ricesnaps
16-11-2006, 02:05 PM
Mr Mayhem, many thanks for the call - I have a few energetic games ready to play with the little darlins!

Mayhem 1
16-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Soundtracker.

If that is what you want mate then "So Be It"

I will write them up over the week end and they will be available to anyone who requires them.

Helpfull as ever

Mayhem 1

soundtracker
16-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Top man! Look forward to it!:) :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Soundtracker.

If that is what you want mate then "So Be It"

I will write them up over the week end and they will be available to anyone who requires them.

Helpfull as ever

Mayhem 1

I'll have a copy for reference please. (Don't really do kids parties, but might be useful:) )

Mayhem 1
16-11-2006, 03:24 PM
No probs Darren Mate

Ps, I am in your neck of the woods in december mate!!!!!!

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-11-2006, 03:30 PM
No probs Darren Mate

Ps, I am in your neck of the woods in december mate!!!!!!

Where abouts?

Corabar Steve
16-11-2006, 03:38 PM
Sorry Steve, but I think this is a joke.
Mark my words, it'll only be a matter of time:) . One of our ex DJs has already had a parent try to tell him that his laser burnt her little darling (HELLO! this isn't a Bond movie & my name's not Goldfinger! :D )

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-11-2006, 03:54 PM
Mark my words, it'll only be a matter of time:) . One of our ex DJs has already had a parent try to tell him that his laser burnt her little darling (HELLO! this isn't a Bond movie & my name's not Goldfinger! :D )

As I said in my previous post, what is the difference between playing musical bumps and getting the kids to dance?

If one of the kids pokes another one in the eye during YMCA does that mean you're liable?

I don't think so.

Mayhem 1
16-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Nice man this Darren Geezer,

Thanks for the chat mate,

Will be in touch very soon

Regards

Mayhem 1

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-11-2006, 04:12 PM
Nice man this Darren Geezer,

Thanks for the chat mate,

Will be in touch very soon

Regards

Mayhem 1

Cheers Garry:beer1:

Corabar Steve
16-11-2006, 04:51 PM
As I said in my previous post, what is the difference between playing musical bumps and getting the kids to dance?

If one of the kids pokes another one in the eye during YMCA does that mean you're liable?

I don't think so.
Getting them to dance you're not encouraging them to throw themselves at the floor though are you?

Dragonfly
16-11-2006, 04:55 PM

i had one old fella tell me the same years ago i was running a 5mw laser crab???:confused: :confused:

5 Star Roadshows
16-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Hi, im dan, a newbie. I would like some instructions on those games as well! I do a lot of childrens discos and I always do the traditional party games, never had a problem. But those new ones sound like a lot of fun.

Mayhem 1
16-11-2006, 07:00 PM
Get out of this in 1 minute and you win the sweeties

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Carpmonster/bondtoactivision_laser.jpg

Corabar Steve
16-11-2006, 07:03 PM
:lol: :Laugh:

P.S. Dan start a thread in the Newbies section to say Hi & introduce yourself.

Corabar Entertainment
17-11-2006, 02:17 AM
Forget about the PLI / being sued side of things - I agree that is extremely unlikely and I wouldn't say don't play those games for that reason, but.....

They do tend to get rather vigorous in their attempt to win and they so often end in at least one of the kids crying their eyes out, so for that reason I think it's better to avoid these when there are plenty of other games that you can play that doesn't end up with your audience bawling!

Corabar Steve
17-11-2006, 05:46 AM
there are plenty of other games that you can play that doesn't end up with your audience bawling!
Or brawling:D

Candybeatdiscos
24-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Ok firstly Mayhem, have you put together the party game instructions as yet - if so can you forward me a copy?

in regards to the big debate re musical chairs etc (Sorry to bring this thread back to life) and the way that society has now become a "sue" culture, we should stick up two fingers to this culture rather than pandering to it, fight your corner don't allow others to change us.

Corabar Entertainment
24-01-2007, 09:03 PM
In all honesty, we don't do musical bumps/chairs because of the 'sue' culture.... it's because so often they end up with at least one of the little darlings bawling their eyes out - which (if we can avoid it) we would rather not do. There are plenty of other games to play in between the straight 'disco' element so that these aren't really missed.

Again, it's another case of 'each to their own'. :D