PDA

View Full Version : I may go missing for a while

Have a disco
16-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Due to personal problems yet again. I may be posting a lot less (some of you this may be a blessing) My relationship is on the brink of dis-intergration and the partner is ousting me via legal prceedings from my Joint tenancy (I was the sole original tenat in the bedsit and we got upgraded to a 2 bedroom property making it joint, I have not a leg to stand on) I feel stitched up like a kipper. Thats as much as I can say but it does pull up a valid conversation thread within itself.

Relationships and the disco industry I have known many disco's come and go because of the same problems I am encountering, Has anyone else expirienced problems of any sort with partners accepting your trade / business. Do women have the final say within your life leaving you with the prospect of homelessness and no business???

Problems of storage of your equipment etc etc how did you overcome the problems (Im not married so this makes it worse)

Dragonfly
16-11-2006, 12:37 PM
my missus is in charge .... end of conversation ...... so she tells me.

strangely enough her ex was a dj too and did the dirty on her .... he came round one day and found his abstract lightshow smelling of petrol smouldering in the garden apparently????

ross@rds
16-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Sorry to hear that mate.

Most women not ALL want you to be with them 24/7 alot of my girlfriends has finished it with me because they dont get to see me every night as i am working but as the same time if i was not out working where would the money come they would not have things i have bought them if i did not work. One i get all the time is bet your playing away lol i cant help it if there is girls at gigs and if they start talking to me lol. All i am saying is my business comes before a girl.

BeerFunk
16-11-2006, 12:49 PM
Sorry to hear that Badger, you're taking it well, I would be very angry :mad:

It is hard to find a woman who can appreciate that there are gonna be a lot of Friday and Saturday nights where you're gonna be out, it does put a strain on the relationship. I've had girlfriends who were all right at first, then they want to come out with you...

As Hall & Oates would say - Say No Go! ;)

KrazyKaz
16-11-2006, 12:55 PM
Sorry to hear that Badger.

My husband looks after the kids when I go out, OK I'm not out every weekend, but our relationship is just great. He never wants to come with me, he's quite happy getting the tv remote to himself for a change. LOL

Have a disco
16-11-2006, 12:57 PM
This has been looming for a while yes Im angry Im losing my home unless I can prove shes an unfit mother of my daughter, but social services and courts like to keep kid sisters together if at all possible but it still means I have to leave my home with minimal money to get somewhere else. Sorry to say women have all the cards in there hand. She could get re-housed in weeks if she left. but no she wants to keep where we currently live leaving me in limbo, business wise as well hopefully she will see reason a little more as to give me time to move on the business. It was starting to pick up after 3 years of hard slog

Need Richie or wolfie to contact me asap have Im'd them without success ask them if you are able to contact them to ring me on my number (website has it)

Dragonfly
16-11-2006, 01:02 PM
in all seriousness badger its a hard job to maintain a relationship in every fri and sat out till the early hours then sunday in bed because youre soooo tired.... my wife gladly is really understanding and supportive but then there is wierd pyschological reasons for me wanting to be a dj which ill not go into .we also have two young children and yes i feel guilty i dont see alot of them at weekends and yes i feel guilty i cant take my son to football matches every saturday but thats the way of the world.

i hope you can pick yourself up dust yourself off and move on from here.

Shaun
16-11-2006, 01:38 PM
Hope you manage to sort things out soon Badger. Keep you chin up.

jaygees
16-11-2006, 01:45 PM
sorry to hear that things are not going well, i know i am new here and dont know many of you, but i do hope things work out for you.

Dragonfly
16-11-2006, 02:14 PM
Sorry to hear that mate.

Most women not ALL want you to be with them 24/7 alot of my girlfriends has finished it with me because they dont get to see me every night as i am working but as the same time if i was not out working where would the money come they would not have things i have bought them if i did not work. One i get all the time is bet your playing away lol i cant help it if there is girls at gigs and if they start talking to me lol. All i am saying is my business comes before a girl.

id love to have the time ross lol ... its work . i used to get that alot oh your a dj you must meet loads of girls what they need to consider is....

a. its work ... get about 50 secs to chat between each track if your lucky

b. they are usually drunk and dribbling .... not attractive.

c. they are in my experience usually someones mum or gran ... lets not go there.

Have a disco
16-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Must admit pulling women during a disco / DJing in a club or pub or general venue, I fail miserably at. Im not exactly the superhunk or smooth talking DJ like everyone expects us to be, as most would know most DJ's are ugly to a point but that when were older like me ie Kenny Everett, Noel Edmunds, Keith Chegwin all not super hunks?? Most are just a voice playing the tunes in the venue which can paint the strangest of pictures in a ladies mind

TonyB
16-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Sorry to hear your news Badger. Hope it all works out.

My missus loads up the car for me when she knows I have a gig - not sure if she is being helpful or glad to get rid of me for a while :)

djgordyp
16-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Hope things work out for you badger. I have to say my fiance is looking forward to me getting my own setup again. I suppose it's because we don't go out much at the weekends now. She used to come out some of the time when I had the disco before.

NeilP
16-11-2006, 06:43 PM
Badger,

Not alot to say really apart from i hope that it all works out for you. Good Luck, and hope to see you back in full flow asap.:beer1:

Candybeatdiscos
16-11-2006, 10:08 PM
Badger good luck hope it works out...

Re the wife problem, i met my wife 9 years ago at a gig ( i was the DJ for her pals 18th) Anyhow, i caught her eye, liked what i saw and went over to ask her to dance... i got a feeling that she liked me and i certainly liked her...so i told her that i was gonna ask her out the next day but wanted to give her some inside info on me first, i explained that i was a DJ and would continue to be for a very long time at least 30 years, i go out every weekend to work and like a drink sometimes, i dont "bump" my friends and keep an active social life, i then asked her to think about what her answer would be....9 years later could she not have told me to get to falkirk???

Kidding, we have 3 wonderful kids, we get on great, she sometimes helps me out at gigs, and she encourages me, not once has she even asked me to cancel a gig or anything, (she knows the answer would be no). So in reality not all women are like that.

Thames Valley Discos
16-11-2006, 10:14 PM
chin up badger,

Have a disco
16-11-2006, 11:41 PM
:lol: You guys are keeping my chin up so dont worry Im as tough as they come.? I as gloria says will survive again and again:Blues Brothers: But sometimes its so blooming hard to keep a smile whilst WORKING if you know what I mean

Have a disco
29-11-2006, 10:48 PM
Last thursday was the deathnull on my relationship I had 28 days to vacate my joint tenancy ie before 22nd December 12 noon 2006 not to return unless to collect my daughter for contact periods allowed.

Now Its almost 22 days left to go and Im watching evicted about homeless families whom are stuck in the same rut. I cant find rooms for rent as all want stupid large deposits which I can get together before then said vacate day.

I am slowly falling to pieces as local housing partnership dont give a hoot as in there eyes Im suddenly able to walk into a room for rent being a man???

Same for the homeless dept whom do not class me as a priority? Of course this will put into jeapody my contact with my daughter as most landlords dont want someone elses kids hanging around there house at weekends etc etc This is all playing on my mind just as the xmas season gets going this weekend. Im wondering how I can be so cheery and pleasant about xmas when all around me is so blooming miserable..

All I can think of Is BAR HUMBUG to it all

Dragonfly
30-11-2006, 07:27 AM
keep ya chin up badger most landlords will be fine with your daughter at weekends so i really wouldnt worry about that ...they are more concerned with dog poo and cat scratches than children.

have you contacted people like shelter in your area? go to cab they will give you a few numbers to call.

as for christmas just gotta try and be a survivor mate get through it the best way you can ..... i have been told this week i need 2 lots of surgery as i live in constant pain with my legs great when ive just spent 2 years improving my business and getting a good name for myself they tell me ill be out for the best part of 8 months the prob is only one surgeon in this country can do one of the operations and ill gaurantee a date comes through for june when im rammed with weddings...... if i turn it down im at the back end of a 2 year waiting list if i take it i let people down and im a cowboy , let down etc ..... so you see dont feel its just you with alot on ....

there are one or 2 that understand how difficult things can get but always remember 2 things.....

its not the cards your dealt that count its how you play the game.

and

the story goes a man with his 10 year old son went to a european cup final ,at half time their team was 3-0 down and all but beaten .... in the second half by some divine intervention their team pulled back to 3-3 .... at this point the father put his arm round his son pointed to the score board and said "whatever you do in your life son never ever give up"

and as a great man once said "welcome to oprah" lol

Candybeatdiscos
30-11-2006, 07:52 AM
You can come and live in my house mate, but with three kittens an overprotective cat mum, Three nippy kids and a wife who moans worse than any other woman in the UK.....you would pity me and ask me to move out too lol

kidding mate - keep yer chin up

Dragonfly
30-11-2006, 07:56 AM
and a wife who moans worse than any other woman in the UK.....

funny ive never seen you around my house lol

canary karaoke
30-11-2006, 11:09 AM
Really sorry to read what is happening to you Badger. Such a shame when it all blows up at christmas. I know I live all the way in Milton Keynes but if theres anything I can do just ask. Keep your chin up and I prey you get some christmas cheer and some good luck starts coming your way..... CJ

Have a disco
30-11-2006, 03:18 PM
keep ya chin up badger most landlords will be fine with your daughter at weekends so i really wouldnt worry about that ...they are more concerned with dog poo and cat scratches than children.

have you contacted people like shelter in your area? go to cab they will give you a few numbers to call.

as for christmas just gotta try and be a survivor mate get through it the best way you can ..... i have been told this week i need 2 lots of surgery as i live in constant pain with my legs great when ive just spent 2 years improving my business and getting a good name for myself they tell me ill be out for the best part of 8 months the prob is only one surgeon in this country can do one of the operations and ill gaurantee a date comes through for june when im rammed with weddings...... if i turn it down im at the back end of a 2 year waiting list if i take it i let people down and im a cowboy , let down etc ..... so you see dont feel its just you with alot on ....

there are one or 2 that understand how difficult things can get but always remember 2 things.....

its not the cards your dealt that count its how you play the game.

and

the story goes a man with his 10 year old son went to a european cup final ,at half time their team was 3-0 down and all but beaten .... in the second half by some divine intervention their team pulled back to 3-3 .... at this point the father put his arm round his son pointed to the score board and said "whatever you do in your life son never ever give up"

and as a great man once said "welcome to oprah" lol

Amazingly shes ever so nice to me now Grrr (I will survive as gloria gaynor sang I always do) just as ever picking up the pieces. whilst smiling inanely

Fredthered
14-12-2006, 07:06 PM
Amazingly shes ever so nice to me now Grrr (I will survive as gloria gaynor sang I always do) just as ever picking up the pieces. whilst smiling inanely

Hope things all turn out OK for you....

Such a pity really...

stez
24-12-2006, 05:30 PM
keep yer chin up badger:beer1: :beer1:

BeerFunk
24-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Wow, talk about a bump.. :)

Have a disco
27-12-2006, 05:19 PM
Moved out as requested on 22nd by courts into a room rent taking basics with me as I left, disco there till after New year. I have moved into 4 room house with nothing but non speaking english polish (pidgeon english at best) xmas day was very lonely as ex tells me on day she was going to families leaving me no xmas dinner but lasagna (microwave jobbie) to cook as all restaurants were booked up, and to top it off I ran out of fags. Still was aloud round to see my daughter open up her presents for a couple of hours in the morning. Im now spending too much time in bed or down pub getting drunk for company. Life is very miserable with 75% of my stuff at the old house so computer usage has now become very little till I get a new place of my own so this could be the last thing I say will try to keep every one up todate as I get to use my service online

Disco Business wise this has been a good xmas all barr the 22nd, 23rd & 24th??? why I have no idea?????? but my local soon found out how good I was at DJing had the whole rocking on the 22nd as to keep my mind off all the current events

Personally this has been the worst xmas ever. who said 40 is meant to be the best year of your life LOL

soundscapes
27-12-2006, 08:07 PM
keep yer chin up, im lucky i suppose that my wife was in the industry. she was a manager with the former bass group when i worked in town ctr. when we had the kids she started running the mobile business and its been a hell of a lot more sucessfull with her running it. must b a womans touch.

Thames Valley Discos
27-12-2006, 08:42 PM
chin up, just remember, no matter how bad things are, there is always someone worse off than yourself. think positive and you,ll survive. happy new year

Fredthered
06-01-2007, 08:42 AM
Moved out as requested on 22nd by courts into a room rent taking basics with me as I left, disco there till after New year. I have moved into 4 room house with nothing but non speaking english polish (pidgeon english at best) xmas day was very lonely as ex tells me on day she was going to families leaving me no xmas dinner but lasagna (microwave jobbie) to cook as all restaurants were booked up, and to top it off I ran out of fags. Still was aloud round to see my daughter open up her presents for a couple of hours in the morning. Im now spending too much time in bed or down pub getting drunk for company. Life is very miserable with 75% of my stuff at the old house so computer usage has now become very little till I get a new place of my own so this could be the last thing I say will try to keep every one up todate as I get to use my service online

Disco Business wise this has been a good xmas all barr the 22nd, 23rd & 24th??? why I have no idea?????? but my local soon found out how good I was at DJing had the whole rocking on the 22nd as to keep my mind off all the current events

Personally this has been the worst xmas ever. who said 40 is meant to be the best year of your life LOL

At least one thing, it cant get any worse..

:cool:

theoloyla
06-01-2007, 10:52 AM
Best of luck for 2007 Badger! Hope things pick up for you. My wife of 20 years dumped me Xmas 1999 for a toy boy. I spent 6 months in shared accomodation before I met my new partner and I have been happier with her than I ever was before. Jan is my roadie and comes to nearly all my gigs. Problems arise when you have kids as then wife often is stuck at home alone with the children. Once they are older I know lots of dj's who take teenage sons and daughters out as assistants.