PDA

View Full Version : ooooooh the Hokey Birdie song

Ricesnaps
19-11-2006, 05:27 PM
I am quite simply taken aback, shocked and confused!

Last night was the third week in a row where I have had numerous requests for Black lace, Bad Manners (Can Can) and the birdie song. Played each time and had the biggest response ever.

Client meeting for a wedding in December and specifically asked for Hokey Cokey and Black lace...

So what's going on here - this used to be the absolute no no. Times changing?

djgordyp
19-11-2006, 05:57 PM
About time too. Weddings should be all about :party2: and audience participation (and if necessary, adequate amounts of :beer1:). Don't forget Rock The Boat, Cha Cha Slide, Music Man etc.

Like rock 'n' roll, cheese is here to stay.:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Dragonfly
19-11-2006, 06:02 PM
ive found the same recently and wierdly the last 4 weeks have seen loads of requests for islands in the stream????

Excalibur
19-11-2006, 06:30 PM
I am quite simply taken aback, shocked and confused!

Last night was the third week in a row where I have had numerous requests for Black lace, Bad Manners (Can Can) and the birdie song. Played each time and had the biggest response ever.

Client meeting for a wedding in December and specifically asked for Hokey Cokey and Black lace...

So what's going on here - this used to be the absolute no no. Times changing?

I think you are obviously starting to deal with more discerning customers!:D

Ricesnaps
19-11-2006, 08:05 PM
I think you are obviously starting to deal with more discerning customers!:D
It really would seem that way - we did even do "the music man" at a 21st birthday week before last - time to dig out all my X rated Black lace 12 inches!....

"we're having a gang bang.....

.....Super****!"

djgordyp
19-11-2006, 08:20 PM
It really would seem that way - we did even do "the music man" at a 21st birthday week before last - time to dig out all my X rated Black lace 12 inches!....

"we're having a gang bang.....

.....Super****!"

Black Lace 12" :attn: :attn: Let's not get carried away here lol

Just had a look on itunes. I never realised they did the Time Warp!!!

ian8limelight
19-11-2006, 10:12 PM
About time too. Weddings should be all about :party2: and audience participation (and if necessary, adequate amounts of :beer1:). Don't forget Rock The Boat, Cha Cha Slide, Music Man etc.

Like rock 'n' roll, cheese is here to stay.:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

HEAR HEAR:cool: :beerchug: :claphands:

paull
20-11-2006, 11:36 AM
Funny old world.

Instructions for the 18th I did at the weekend was Funky house for the Bday girl and Jazz funk 80,s disco for the parents.
Got the Parents on the floor no probs. Even with requested tunes funky house was falling flat. Tried R&B and had a bit of luck then brought out the Cha cha slide and the floor was filled with too cool to dance 18 year olds then had a 30 min cheese fest that nearly took the roof of. Got two bookings from it as well

Corabar Entertainment
20-11-2006, 03:44 PM
That happens SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo often it's untrue!

Dragonfly
20-11-2006, 03:50 PM
did an 18th in derby last year ..... birthday boy said just hip hop and r n b please nothing else love it so do my friends......

on the night kick off the r n b type stuff lasts 45 mins before .......

birthday boys mum comes up very nicely "hi there can i ask you to consider 2 things please?" "of course madam fire away" "firstly im the one thats actually paid you" "secondly get this rubbish off so me aunties uncles nan and grandad can dance to dancing queen and the like "

"madam i thought noone was ever going to ask .... no problem"

wayne_uk
21-11-2006, 08:05 PM
Did an 18th saturday night, what a cracking night, nothing but cheese all night, even having to play the tunes again, they were on the floor from the time they came in untill kicking out time,
great bunch of kids pleasant, polite no drunken attitude.
An absolute joy to work with.

have fun
wayne