PDA

View Full Version : Worth looking at ?

Sapphire Disco
25-09-2019, 02:04 PM
http://www.everyhit.com/

This site is no longer up updated because the owners no longer have the time etc.

Would it be worth trying to obtain it and keep it updated ourselves ?

I used to used the site quite a lot when I was building my music library.

Marc J
25-09-2019, 04:51 PM
I'd be willing to take over the domain and hosting, but it would take time (from others) keeping it up-to-date...

rth_discos
25-09-2019, 06:39 PM
The biggest issue is bringing it up to date.

It's been lacking updates for many, many years now.

A shame, as it's an incredible resource - and I'm not sure of another like it.

Retrodisco
25-09-2019, 07:59 PM
It's a great resource, Id be happy to help.

Shaun
27-09-2019, 11:32 AM
It's a great resource, I've used it many times in the past.

Nakatomi
27-09-2019, 09:27 PM
I found this ages ago & still use it quite a lot. It's generally right up to date too. Well, was last time I checked.

http://umdmusic.com/default.asp?Lang=English&Chart=A

DeckstarDeluxe
30-09-2019, 12:03 PM
I've just used it to find what song that was number one when I was born and it's not even listed?

I think it's far too much upkeep for something that 0.00001% of the DJ world will use let alone anyone else.

Benny Smyth
01-10-2019, 09:22 AM
I've just used it to find what song that was number one when I was born and it's not even listed?

I think it's far too much upkeep for something that 0.00001% of the DJ world will use let alone anyone else.

It was a big resource when I was working in radio. Personally, I hated it as I thought it was a crutch, but I guess was useful when you're being lazy with your show prep.

DeckstarDeluxe
03-10-2019, 11:10 AM
It was a big resource when I was working in radio. Personally, I hated it as I thought it was a crutch, but I guess was useful when you're being lazy with your show prep.

I'd imagine everyone would just to google or wiki now for that sort of info?

Shaun
03-10-2019, 11:21 AM
I'd imagine everyone would just to google or wiki now for that sort of info?

I dunno. I've found it invaluable as a chronological database in the past. If Marc has the space to host it I think it could be a great addition to the forum, even in it's current state without the more recent updates.

Marc J
03-10-2019, 04:16 PM
I dunno. I've found it invaluable as a chronological database in the past. If Marc has the space to host it I think it could be a great addition to the forum, even in it's current state without the more recent updates.

Space isn't an issue, depends more on the technology used. If anyone is in contact with the people who run it, let them know ;)

AvneetMorse
22-07-2020, 02:15 PM
If it's a really good source, then try to save it if you have the time and resources.