PDA

View Full Version : What a rip off!

Corabar Steve
21-11-2006, 12:31 PM
U2's new single & the U2 / Green Day single are both on the new best of U2 (the second one in as many years it seems)

Neither are available on iTunes (who made a big deal a while back, of having everything U2 had ever recorded available to download) without buying the entire album!

Most of us who would use any U2 probably have either all their albums anyway or at very least the last 2 best of compilations & therefore wouldn't want the new one.

Apart from anything else the track with Green Day is a charity single! I bet none of the album royalties are going to the cause.

One Big CORPERATE RIP OFF!:soapbox: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Dragonfly
21-11-2006, 01:15 PM
feel better now steve???

Corabar Steve
21-11-2006, 01:22 PM
Not reall no, don't you think it's just a tad unfair?

axeman
21-11-2006, 01:24 PM
buy the single cd from asda - like the olden days .... lol

Dragonfly
21-11-2006, 01:25 PM
yep but life is unfair sadly. ive learned that.

Corabar Steve
21-11-2006, 01:30 PM
buy the single cd from asda - like the olden days .... lol
Somewhere that still sells CD singles!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

The nearest Asda to us is either Southgate or Hatfield, the nearest proper record shops are in Watford, Camden or Wood Green & Smith & Woolies (Barnet & Finchley) don't sell singles anymore.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Steve the DJ
21-11-2006, 01:35 PM
You can still buy singles online from HMV and they are posted free of charge.

U2/Greenday CD Single - £1.99 delivered (http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=282;2;-1;-1&sku=571769), or you can download it from HMV Digital (http://www.hmvdigital.com/HMV.Digital.WebStore.Portal/Pages/System/AlbumInfo.aspx?ComponentId=4892103).

Corabar Steve
21-11-2006, 01:41 PM
So it is just iTunes trying to make a fast buck!

(anyway I prefer the original version by the Skids, I'm suprised that a combination of Green Day & U2 Could take a song of such power & balls, & basicly castrate it to the extent that it's little more than something by McFly)

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-11-2006, 03:46 PM
I have to admit to buying the new U2 CD and thinking it was a 'greatest hits' type compilation, only to find that it just has 18 singles on it, most of which I already have.

U2 CD anyone?

(anyway I prefer the original version by the Skids, I'm suprised that a combination of Green Day & U2 Could take a song of such power & balls, & basicly castrate it to the extent that it's little more than something by McFly)

You don't like it then? :p

Corabar Steve
21-11-2006, 03:55 PM
You don't like it then? :p
No not really

Have a disco
21-11-2006, 05:37 PM
thought it was a rip off when I firsst saw it advertised especially as greatest hits one and 2 have been released and I already have them hits as well but it is a usual ploy labels use to get a quick buck before xmas a few other artists are doing best 18 songs as well cant remember which oh yes depeche mode have sold out as well after 3 greatest hits albums??

please note they have removed all the dancey tracks and only guitar classics are on the U2 album etc etc