PDA

View Full Version : I'm back, last couple of weeks have been a nightmare

KrazyKaz
22-11-2006, 03:23 PM
Hi all

I've not been on here for a couple of weeks - did you miss me???

I've had a problem with my eldest daughter (she'll be 13 next week - party this Friday)
She and her mate are being threatened to be beaten up by a couple of girls at school. Taz is not a fighter and very sensitive, and tends to take things to heart.

I've had her runaway from school twice in the last week and I've been to the school a few times to try and sort it all out. Because she had runaway (back home, thankfully) the school have said she is classed as truant and will have to go into 'seclusion' for a day. (she'll be sat in a booth, given work to do, and be shut off from lessons etc)

Yesterday and today seem to have been better days, mainly because one of the girls doing the threatening has been in seclusion.

However, someone is now rumour spreading. As I said before, it is her party on Friday, and some bright spark has been telling everyone that the party is cancelled, so she has had kids come and ask her if it is, and of course, she's saying it's still on.

Poor kid is now fretting in case no one turns up. I don't know what to tell her to make her feel better.
I have told her that her main friends are coming and that is all she really needs.

It's been a very hard couple of weeks trying to sort all of this out.

Sorry for being a bore but I had to let off steam by telling someone

Paul James Promotions
22-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Sorry to hear that. I was bullied at school. I understand how your daughter feels.

I'm sure the party will go well :)

Jamie

Corabar Entertainment
22-11-2006, 03:41 PM
Sorry to hear that Kaz, and yes, I had been wondering where you were

It's appalling that the school have taken that attitude (ie punishing Taz) in these circumstances - rather that sorting out the cause of the problem.

Re the party..... how about you ringing the Mums of all those invited to let them know that someone is spreading rumours, but that the party is definitely going ahead?

Jiggles
22-11-2006, 04:22 PM
I certainly know how she feels. i retaliated at the bully and i got told off worse than the bully :mad: