PDA

View Full Version : That's Right, Another Newbie

Mission
25-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Hi All

Starting to get together bits to start a disco. Have been in bands over the years, so have Power Amp, Mixer, speakers, etc, already. Will be going the Laptop route but don't know where to start with lights?

Any pointers on a good couple of lights to cover the basics ? Would two or three lights be enough to start with?

Hoping to get all things together next month for a new year start.

Great Friendly Forum BTW, picked up lots of ideas already.

Cheers
Tone.

Corabar Entertainment
25-11-2006, 10:56 PM
Hi there! and :welcome2:

Sorry it took so long for your post to appear on the forum.... all new members 1st posts are checked before going 'live' (to avoid spammers) and you had to pick Saturday night for your first post!!!!!!! (not too many people around on Saturday evenings for obvious reasons!!! :D )

Anyway, glad you like the forum.... and I may as well start the ball rolling with the obvious question: what's your budget?

Jiggles
25-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Hello and :welcome2:

Mission
25-11-2006, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the Welcome.

Yes should of guessed most of you will be out on a Saturday night, while the rest of us watch X Factor and I,m a Celeb. Although Parky did have Rod Stewart and Mr Oasis on. Hope you all had a good night.

The Budget to start on the lights would be around the £150 - £200 mark. Is that going to be possible ?

Thanks.
Tone.

Corabar Entertainment
25-11-2006, 11:27 PM
Hmmm - that is a tight one!

What about T-Bars/truss to hang them from? Have you already got that? Are you only planning to do small venues? Because in all honesty, 2 lights won't take you too far, or give much versatility to your show..... but everyone has to start somewhere!

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-11-2006, 12:28 AM
Welcome Tone.

I'll get back to this thread later, when I've had beer, food and sleep.

What about T-Bars/truss to hang them from? Have you already got that? Are you only planning to do small venues? Because in all honesty, 2 lights won't take you too far, or give much versatility to your show..... but everyone has to start somewhere!

Having said that - I used 2 Twister 4s on a t bar for about 5 years and never had a single complaint.

dannyboy
26-11-2006, 12:37 AM
Hello mate and welcome!!

Mission
26-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Hmmm - that is a tight one!

I was going to spend another £100 on a 4ft stand with the bar going over the top.

Dare I say the word "Maplins" are doing 3 lights made by "Vango" for £150 at the minute. Don't know if they would be any good ?

Cheers.

Tone

Shaun
26-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Hi there Tone.

Welcome the madhouse :)

ian8limelight
26-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Welcome aboard.

djchunky
26-11-2006, 08:03 PM
Welcome to the forum