PDA

View Full Version : How Many?

soundtracker
28-11-2006, 08:52 AM
How many Christmas songs do you weave into your Christmas party nights? Or do you only just use them for background? I usually do a maximum of two- unless I get stacks of requests.:)

Paul James Promotions
28-11-2006, 09:04 AM
Same, 2 or 3, plus about an hour of background during meals.

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-11-2006, 09:07 AM
Recently. the last couple of years, just background music.

I normally ask people at gigs whether they want it and the answer is usually no!

BeerFunk
28-11-2006, 09:50 AM
Same here, I find no-one wants to hear them. Probably due to the fact the same songs are forced into your ears every time you go into a shop or supermarket, or turn on the TV :(

Have a disco
28-11-2006, 10:06 AM
No classy xmas songs released anymore so Its basically used in the background bar 3 usual suspects on night end at xmas parties

Mud
Mariah Carey
Wizzard

that usually gets everyone singing there way home

Pierre Le Sound
28-11-2006, 10:16 AM
Recently. the last couple of years, just background music.

I normally ask people at gigs whether they want it and the answer is usually no!

Same for me. I'm usually told that they're fed up with them after listening to them in shops 8 weeks beforehand.

Danno13
28-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Usually play lots during Background music.. but won't be every track this year (the hotel last year insisted every track be a Christmas one!)

During the main part of the night I usually finish with Mariah Carey. Sometimes play Shakin Stevens, Wizzard and Slade at some point too.

superspindiscos
28-11-2006, 03:32 PM
been in the same position where the hotel demanded to play xmas tracks most of the night, it was one of the worst gigs ive done ever and you could tell the people were sick of the same old tripe....:eek: i think 2 or 3 is adequate

axeman
28-11-2006, 03:51 PM
I also Usually play lots during Background music, and use mariah careys when the girls are getting up and also use happy xmas war is over at the end

Silver
28-11-2006, 04:32 PM
No classy xmas songs released anymore so Its basically used in the background bar 3 usual suspects on night end at xmas parties

Mud
Mariah Carey
Wizzard

that usually gets everyone singing there way home

What NO Pogues?http://planetsmilies.net/shocked-smiley-9483.gif

Corabar Steve
28-11-2006, 04:49 PM
I'm with Silver

You have to finish with the Pogues