PDA

View Full Version : What Next?

Mossy
28-11-2006, 08:29 PM
PS Will tell you later the reason (hopefully after a few replies)

The original poster of this thread was banned for editing his first posts in threads he started to make the rest of the thread nonsensical & hard to figure out for everyone else. (amongst other things)

This is just one of the ones he did it with. I'm sure you'll agree it's very childish

Trying to sabotage the forum is not nice

Danno13
28-11-2006, 08:43 PM
These are the usual ones if i'm "playing it safe" although i tend to be more experimental these days.

Build Me Up Buttercup - I'm a believer like you

Living La Vida Loca - Mambo No. 5

Town Called Malice - You can't hurry love (well, the other way round)

Do You Love Me - Shake your tailfeather / everybody needs somebody / hey ya

Summer of 69 - Reef - Place your hands (livin' on a prayer before summer of '69)

Reach - Ermm.. can't really remember, don't play it that much

Love Shack - Lulu - Shout / Summer of '69

Wooly Bully - Err.. don't know that one

First Last Everything - Could be anything really, disco sets always seem to run differently for me.

LastMinuteDJs.net
28-11-2006, 09:08 PM
Definitely agree that there are many mixes that i use way too often. From a mixing point of view - you get used to doing certain ones, and to an extent it feels wrong hearing it without it.

Particularly if it's a pretty boring gig, which happens, you just drift onto autopilot sometimes. Bad i know, but it happens occasionally.

Build Me Up Buttercup - Van Morrison - brown Eyed Girl

Living La Vida Loca - Mavericks - Dance The Night Away

Town Called Malice - The Clash - Rock the Casbah

Do You Love Me different each time

Summer of 69 - Bon Jovi - Living on a Prayer

Reach - Five - Keep on Moving

Love Shack - different each time

Wooly Bully - never played it

First Last Everything - Tiffany - I think we're alone now

A1DL
28-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Build Me Up Buttercup - Hey Baby

Living La Vida Loca - She Bangs

Town Called Malice - Going Underground

Do You Love Me - The Twist

Summer of 69 - Living on a Prayer

Reach - Freed from Desire

Love Shack - La Bamba

Wooly Bully (wouldn't play it)

First Last Everything - The Best

jaygees
28-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Tiffany - I think we're alone now, very well with - you spin me right round

de light - space cowboy

music to my ears :banana: :DJ: :Rock on:

dannyboy
28-11-2006, 10:39 PM
HMMM

Build me up buttercup - Love really hurts without you

Summer 69 - One and only/paradise by the dashboard light

Do you love me - I only play that as part of a dirty dancing megamix

Love Shack - 9 till 5 (Upbeat Version)

Different variations, just a couple that came to mind.

axeman
29-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Summer of 69 - Bon Jovi - Living on a Prayer - these have to go together its the law

Build me up buttercup (party boys) - Love really hurts without you. these two go really well together. couldnt believe it when i saw danny posted above

I love to boogie - town called malice - baggy trousers

Do You Love Me - varies maybe twist and shout or Don't stop me now or even Dion's runaround sue

dannyboy
29-11-2006, 11:38 PM
Why?

Build me up buttercup (party boys) - Love really hurts without you. these two go really well together. couldnt believe it when i saw danny posted above.

Candybeatdiscos
30-11-2006, 07:55 AM
never really thought about it before but looking at the posts above i am just as bad - especially Summer of 69 followed up with Livin' on a prayer

usually abba - Dancing queen followed by Nolans - I'm in the mood for dancing...

CRAZY K
30-11-2006, 08:14 AM
Ermm to those who dont, cant or wont play Wooly Bully--its a great Party track for people in their 50s and 60s --like me!

Dont get a chance to play it too often but would follow with Locomotion by Little Eva---maybe people dont play that one either:D :D :D

CRAZY K

Corabar Steve
30-11-2006, 08:56 AM
Ermm to those who dont, cant or wont play Wooly Bully--its a great Party track for people in their 50s and 60s --like me!

Can't see why anyone wouldn't, & it goes great before the Isley Brothers version of Shout, or any version of Do you love me (especialy the Sonics), or Louie Louie, or a 60's Soul section.
(Dan, Jamie & Tony should be ashamed of themselves, call yourselves DJs :D )

Build Me Up Buttercup - Soul Man, Do you love me, Shout (Isleys not Lulu), I'm a believer, or Brown eyed girl

Living La Vida Loca - Mambo number 5, Dance the night away, or Reet petite

Town Called Malice - You really got me, Baggy trousers, or Lazy Sunay afternoon

Do You Love Me - See above

Summer of 69 - Living on a prayer (Guilty as charged) Sweet child o mine, Paradise city, I believe in a thing called love, or Don't stop me now

Reach - Amarillo, Dancing Queen, I'm in the mood for dancing, or some Britney

Love Shack - nothing in particular

Wooly Bully - See above

First Last Everything - Oh what a night (December 63), I don't feel like dancing, Disco inferno , Love really hurts without you, or Celebration

Although these are not hard & fast, it all depends on the gig / crowd

LastMinuteDJs.net
30-11-2006, 12:55 PM
(Dan, Jamie & Tony should be ashamed of themselves, call yourselves DJs :D )

I have HEARD of it, and HAVE it - just have never got round to playing it before. Surely that's better than the other two who have either never heard of it or just plainly wouldn't play it???

:p

BeerFunk
30-11-2006, 01:00 PM
It's not that great a track IMO, I only play it as part of the 'Back To The Sixties' megamix :D

axeman
30-11-2006, 01:35 PM
"dannyboy Why?

Build me up buttercup (party boys) - Love really hurts without you. these two go really well together. couldnt believe it when i saw danny posted above. "

sorry danny, i shud have explained further. just coz i always play them together and even mentioned it in a previous post, then when you said the same thing i was pleased.... nice 1

Have a disco
30-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Is it only me or do many do B52's love shack folloed by Billy Joels - Uptown girl after the bit where she says henry

Danno13
30-11-2006, 06:24 PM
after the bit where she says henry

Henry??? Sure you don't mean "Tin roof"... as in "tiiiiiiinn roof......... rusted!".. then back into the chorus.

Does sound like a good one to try though Badger!

dannyboy
30-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Cheers Axeman, there are loads of songs around that era that are on the same level, that go well together.

And Quote "Corabar"
(Dan, Jamie & Tony should be ashamed of themselves, call yourselves DJs )

Is that refering to me? if so why

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-12-2006, 12:44 AM
Cheers Axeman, there are loads of songs around that era that are on the same level, that go well together.

And Quote "Corabar"

Is that refering to me? if so why

Referring to Danno13 methinks:)

Danno13
01-12-2006, 01:16 AM
Yup.. guilty as charged.

Corabar Steve
01-12-2006, 09:02 AM
And Quote "Corabar"

Is that refering to me? if so whyYou did take the quote a little out of context.

Can't see why anyone wouldn't, & it goes great before the Isley Brothers version of Shout, or any version of Do you love me (especialy the Sonics), or Louie Louie, or a 60's Soul section.
(Dan, Jamie & Tony should be ashamed of themselves, call yourselves DJs :D )Clear now? :D :D