PDA

View Full Version : RSQ NEO E500 Fully Loaded Karaoke Disc Player

kezia
30-11-2006, 05:09 PM
hi any help please :confused:
RSQ NEO E500 Fully Loaded Karaoke Disc Player can any tell me what quality
it plays the disks .also is there any known faults with this player and as anyone got one, and what rating would you give it as the write up for this player seems to be good is the mic quality good and is it worth the money at £199.00

can anyone give me a overall performance for this it giving the good and the bad points because every product as good and bad points

thanks jill

colinm345
30-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Hi Jill
We have one the quality is fantastic added to that the quality of the NEO+G discs is better to my mind than the normal CD+G

The loading speed is also good and is one of the fastest on the market and the track search facility is almost instant

The only downside I have found is that if you want to play ,say a mixed CD you need to hit the repeat button and it does not seem to mention that(unless I have missed it in the user guide) I bought mine from EM Karaoke and the support and delivery from them is better than first class

Hope this helps and good luck with it:)

kezia
30-11-2006, 08:20 PM
i noticed that a few on here are not so keen on it or they don't recommend it to be not so good but yours sounds OK ,what is the mic quality like and on screen graphics like do your have problems playing other karaoke Cd's because we have a lot of different formats

thanks for the reply
jill

colinm345
01-12-2006, 08:43 AM
We have not tested the Mic's yet as we work though a mixer and use only top of the range Seinheiser and Audio Technica

However the Onscreen Graphics are good ,but then we are using an LCD for display

It plays anything apart from MP3+G

The machine we had is a genuine RSQ E500 MK4 VERSION

DK Karaoke
04-12-2006, 01:08 PM
hi any help please :confused:
RSQ NEO E500 Fully Loaded Karaoke Disc Player can any tell me what quality
it plays the disks .also is there any known faults with this player and as anyone got one, and what rating would you give it as the write up for this player seems to be good is the mic quality good and is it worth the money at £199.00

can anyone give me a overall performance for this it giving the good and the bad points because every product as good and bad points

thanks jill

Hi, thought I would let you know of my experience of the RSQ. Like you I thought the player was the best thing ever, that is until I bought it (199) tried it and then placed it in the back room.

The main problems are as I see it:

1. Very slow loading
2. cannot pick a dvd track directly (using the number pad on the machine or remote)
3. Freezes when you try to fast forward to the next track
4. The sound quality is poor, you have to fiddle with the settings to get the sound high enough, without having to put the gain up considerably on your mixer/amp
5. Does not read all disc types, or reads bits of them, depending on the disc, especially makes like Chartbuster, and SBI
6. The sound quality on the Neo+G discs is not as good as on regular cdg discs.
7. The settings keep changing if you leave the machine turned off for any considerable length of time.
8. If you wish to send it back to be fixed, that is made to deliver what you paid for, you have to pay hefty postage and packing.
9. No refund is given for your money by the supplier, even if you wish to send back within the normal 7 to 14 days.
10. Other suppliers are now trying to offload their stock of RSQ's by selling them cheap - at £60 plus, and refusing to stock them again.

Well I hope I have highlighted all the problems as I see them, having bought the machine, and now left with a piece of equipment, that I am unable to use because of its faults and reliability.

EMKaraoke
10-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Hi, We are the main distributors of RSQ in the UK and would like to challenge the above points.

We can only presume that the machine was not purchased from us when it comes to point 9, because if the machine is not functioning properly then we would happily exchange or refund within first 14 days.

If the item has no fault & you just didnt like the design we would ask you return the item & we'd refund you in full.

All our equipment comes with 12 months gaurentee, if you have a problem be in within 1 month or 11 months in we ask you bring the item in & we'll repair or replace under warranty, if you bring it in by hand or dispatch it via post this is down to the customer to get the machine to us.

1. Very slow loading

Point 1 Reply: I have asked several users of the machine if they find it slow loading up, ( I also use the E500 myself) and the main reply has been no slower or faster than any other machine they have used.

2. cannot pick a dvd track directly (using the number pad on the machine or remote)

Point 2 Reply: I have just slapped 3 different brands of Karaoke DVD, had no problem picking a track with the remote & or machine, some DVD discs won't allow the RSQ to side track the menu screens, could this be the complaint?

3. Freezes when you try to fast forward to the next track

Point 3 Reply: Why would you fast forward when you can skip to next track.

4. The sound quality is poor, you have to fiddle with the settings to get the sound high enough, without having to put the gain up considerably on your mixer/amp

Point 4 reply: The sound quality is set at line level output, it is possible that you are overdriving the input on your mixer. Take the volume down to about half way via the remote, problem solved.

5. Does not read all disc types, or reads bits of them, depending on the disc, especially makes like Chartbuster, and SBI

Point 5 reply: I am using all these brands & many more, no such problems. How about you Colin any probs with compatabilities?

6. The sound quality on the Neo+G discs is not as good as on regular cdg discs.

Point 6 Reply: This isn't a comment I have heard from anyone who has actually used NEO+G. I can only put this down to your opinion.

7. The settings keep changing if you leave the machine turned off for any considerable length of time.

Point 7 Reply: I after 20 years in the business do not know of a machine that holds its settings in memory for a substancial time. Can you maybe let us know of some?

Point 8 is as point 9 at the top of this reply.

10. Other suppliers are now trying to offload their stock of RSQ's by selling them cheap - at £60 plus, and refusing to stock them again.

Point 10 reply: There was some RSQ karaoke machines destined for the US market fell into UK suppliers hands (around 100+), they were geared up with power supplies to run US voltage, mass problems from this MK1 arose quickly.
Some supplies purchased these, to there dismay. I know of a few suppliers who slated the RSQ at this time, but also know that they are selling RSQ equip right now.

-------------------------------------------------------------
HISTORY BEHIND RSQ Suppliers of the worlds best karaoke products

BACK WHEN KARAOKE STARTED. THE TWO BLOCKBUSTER COMPANIES ON THE MARKET WERE JVC AND PIONEER. BREAKING EVERY RECORD FOR BEST PRODUCTS, BEST RELIABILITY, AND BEST SERVICE.

LATER, PIONEER LOST IT’S TOUCH WITH KARAOKE AND JVC GAVE AN AMERICAN COMPANY THE CHANCE TO TAKE OVER. WHICH BRINGS US
TO RSQ!!

UNDER THE PROTECTION OF JVC, RSQ INTRODUCED ITS AMAZING ABILITY TO SERVE THE KARAOKE COMMUNITY. FOR WELL OVER 10 YRS.

RSQ HAS RECEIVED THE HIGHEST MARKS EVER WITH ALL OF THEIR PRODUCTS. A CORPORATION WITH A “FAMILY OWNED” APPROACH.

RSQ HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT TO BE CALLED THE MOST POPULAR KARAOKE
COMPANY ON EARTH!! AND HAVE PERSONALLY EARNED OUR DEEPEST RESPECT AND THANKS FOR ALWAYS BEING A COMPANY WITH HONOR AND INTEGRITY.

Thanks to Dennis Jeff & ChUCK seconded by Gill@ Emkaraoke Lets take karaoke to the next level in 2006 with the neo G Products

funkymike
10-02-2007, 04:34 PM
I agree with DK on this one the the rsq players are pants, and as I have said before they claim its a direct replacment for the jvc 222, which clearly its not, and as for loading it is deathly slow.

just thought i would add my bit

mike

EMKaraoke
10-02-2007, 06:22 PM
The stats speak for themselves we have sold over 500 E500 in the 2006 alone & have a return rate of only 2% in all that time, meaning lots & lots of very happy customers. JVC handed over its factory name the lot to RSQ, the same team. JVC's last player off the line may have been the 222, and RSQ went on from there. I personally have 7 colleagues using the E500 & are super happy with its performance.

Ran a test between RSQ E500, Bluelaser 888, Mr Entertainers silver machine & the CDX1.. although the loading time is slower on the RSQ we are talking about 2-3 secs betwen fastest & slowest. Dog slow isn't the wording we'd use with that experiment.

DK Karaoke
11-02-2007, 01:33 PM
I agree with DK on this one the the rsq players are pants, and as I have said before they claim its a direct replacment for the jvc 222, which clearly its not, and as for loading it is deathly slow.

just thought i would add my bit

mike

Agreed, Agreed, Agreed. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: Mine still not working properly.:attn: :attn: I think Asda and Sainsburys are selling them now, or will be soon.:D :D

DK Karaoke
11-02-2007, 01:36 PM
The stats speak for themselves we have sold over 500 E500 in the 2006 alone & have a return rate of only 2% in all that time, meaning lots & lots of very happy customers. JVC handed over its factory name the lot to RSQ, the same team. JVC's last player off the line may have been the 222, and RSQ went on from there. I personally have 7 colleagues using the E500 & are super happy with its performance.

Ran a test between RSQ E500, Bluelaser 888, Mr Entertainers silver machine & the CDX1.. although the loading time is slower on the RSQ we are talking about 2-3 secs betwen fastest & slowest. Dog slow isn't the wording we'd use with that experiment.

Em Karaoke, why are you disguised as Elvis, or is it Michael Jackson, before the surgery

Dave S
05-05-2007, 02:51 PM
When using the component video outputs, the picture is all red. I think I need to change the preferences, but cannot access the "Preferences" menu from the "Set Up" page, the remote just skips right past it. Can anyone please advise? Thank you.

colinm345
25-07-2007, 11:10 PM
When using the component video outputs, the picture is all red. I think I need to change the preferences, but cannot access the "Preferences" menu from the "Set Up" page, the remote just skips right past it. Can anyone please advise? Thank you.

This may help http://www.rsqaudio.com/support/register.htm:)