PDA

View Full Version : wedding last night

dj-matt1989
03-12-2006, 09:37 AM
Done that wedding last night and started with as a disaster. we turned up at 5:45 to set up (7:00 start) and we found out we had to set up on a very small stage, with the curtains shut with two little colour lights on us because the brides uncle was singing on the stage first (all his equipment was there too). we couldnt plug any of our equipment in until he had finished due to him taking up all the sockets and didnt start until 7:30. We were booked until 11:45 but end up playing until 12:15 because the bride and groom failed to tell us they had extended the bar. Then when the night finally started they decided to put all the food in front of the stage so no smoke or confetti cannon. Night didnt go too bad after that though (although the bride doesnt do dancing, she;s one of those people who come up for her first dance and the father daughter dance then sit down all night). Everyone else seemed to enjoy themselves though. Just hope we dont have too many more like that one.

dj-jaym
03-12-2006, 09:47 AM
i take it you got paid overtime rate for the extended playing time ?

Dragonfly
03-12-2006, 10:12 AM
we all get them mate i had one in the summer very ornate table with a huge wedding cake on it .......... slap bang in the middle of the dancefloor ...... didnt get moved until 9.45pm luckily this sort of thing is very rare.

axeman
03-12-2006, 03:17 PM
my wedding last night followed similar disaster laden lines, the brides father was organising everybody around (full of whisky) and wanting to make loads of speeches, he asked me to play a waltz for the bride and groom to dance to, luckily i'd already spoken to the bride and she'd chosen a song (still the one - shania). then later he told me the buffet was ready, so i announced it, only for the caterer to appear from nowhere like mr.ben shouting "no its not !! ive still got the hot plates to put out etc ...." and on and on he went ..... dancing by himself - singing (shouting) while his wife stood on the sidelines head in hands !! you gotta laff

dj-matt1989
03-12-2006, 06:14 PM
yeah but its little things like that that spoil the night when the drunk of the family tells you one thing and knowone else has any idea

musicinmotiondi
06-12-2006, 08:09 AM
Caterers are always easy to fuse aren't they ?

I would have said "The guy is over there take it up with him" and watched the event from afar with the caterers wife

dj-matt1989
07-12-2006, 07:03 PM
lmao bet that would be quite funny to watch actually, a furious caterer shouting at the drunk lol