PDA

View Full Version : 2:40 am

spin mobile disco
06-12-2006, 01:48 AM
Well its early morning i've been ripping my cd collection for the last 52 hours ready to move over to digital decks. And I am bored out of my mind, as you can probably tell from the post lol. :bang:
Up to 200 albums ripped using lame encoder at max resolution takes about 20 minutes to rip and name each album. About Half way through and 5000 tracks done so far.

All can think of is 'it better be worth it'

Anyone else had to do this recently, you have my condolences.:sorry:

TonyB
06-12-2006, 02:02 AM
Don't forget that you are going to have to listen to every track afterwards to make sure that they have ripped properly and redo any that hop skip or jump :lol:

spin mobile disco
06-12-2006, 03:34 AM
Lol don't say that.

Reason its taking so long is i'm polishing each disk and have it on maximum accuracy its supposed to tell me if their is any curruption. Seems to work as well it told me about 7 tracks were damaged and even the time index, checked em and it was right so seems to work. :luck:

soundlad
06-12-2006, 06:42 AM
Well its early morning i've been ripping my cd collection for the last 52 hours ready to move over to digital decks. And I am bored out of my mind, as you can probably tell from the post lol. :bang:
Up to 200 albums ripped using lame encoder at max resolution takes about 20 minutes to rip and name each album. About Half way through and 5000 tracks done so far.

All can think of is 'it better be worth it'

Anyone else had to do this recently, you have my condolences.:sorry:

what ripping program do you use?

Dragonfly
06-12-2006, 07:33 AM
spin i feel your pain mate its 8.30am and im just about to join you on the long journey into the digital world

spin mobile disco
06-12-2006, 09:22 AM
Im using exact audio copy using the Lame.exe encoder.

Stormin' Si
06-12-2006, 10:20 AM
Does anyone use Windows Media Player to rip their CD's? I use it and it takes on average 3 mins to rip an entire CD to 320Kbps MP3.

spin mobile disco
06-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Windows media player doesnt have error correction, so if there is a mark, scratch or damage on the cd it will most likely continue ripping leaving noise on your track. Also as im going to be using digital decks it has to all be mp3 rather than wma so any gains would really be outweighed by possable problems.
Did use windows media for a while but since switching to another programme really notice the difference.

Dragonfly
06-12-2006, 01:31 PM
update im halfway through box 1 of 8.....

Shaun
06-12-2006, 01:38 PM
I'll be joining the digital club early in the new year. Not looking forward to having to 'rip' the cd collection.

ross@rds
06-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Know how you feel went to bed at 1 and was up at 4 to stand in for a friend on the radio aw and its been a bad day makin it worse finish at 5 then got a pub quiz tonight pml long long long day :(

TonyB
06-12-2006, 04:20 PM
I used Itunes which does have error correction and ripped at 320k. Took a couple of weeks doing a few each evening. I daren't try a different program because if it sounds better I would be tempted to do them all again.

Dragonfly
06-12-2006, 04:28 PM
ok .... heres the deal the forum technical numpty has ripped the first box of cds onto the pc....... rightly or wrongly im going down the cortex hdc 1000 route i have got my exceptionally large external hard drive sooooooo

What do i do next????

is it just a case of moving all the folders with the music ive ripped onto the external hard drive or do i need to set up a special sort of database for the cortex to do its job?

also do i have to move the music track by track or can i just move the album across to the hard drive?

thanks to anyone who can help.

TonyB
06-12-2006, 04:47 PM
You can move the whole album. If you hold down the ctrl, you can click on the folders you want to move, click on edit>>copy then open the folder for the external hard drive and edit>>paste (you can also use right click to copy and right click to paste).

Don't know how the Cortex displays the listings so can't help there.

Danno13
06-12-2006, 04:49 PM
Doesn't the cortex have software to build up some kind of database?

Otherwise, i think just stick it all on in whatever directory structure you like and with any luck the controller should be able to group using the tags.

spin mobile disco
06-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Go to this link www.cortex-pro.com , you can download the program that sorts all your music into folders and checks it for compatability. Worth having look just to make sure you are using right codec etc.
Also I found it handy to change some of the volumes on my mp3's as i rip. This will mean less really quiet songs so less need for huge gains with mixer.
Good luck im starting on next batch now wish me luck

Dragonfly
06-12-2006, 05:12 PM
best of british to you mate it will all be worth it in the end ...