PDA

View Full Version : Soundlab SPCX23 cross over

ianm67
14-12-2006, 09:26 AM
Hellllpppp!!

Does anybody have a user guide or some guidance has to how I can cable up this piece of kit please...? It's a 2-way stereo, or 3 & 4 way mono unit. My intention is to use so that I can bi-amp my 15" Ohm subs and Gemini
GSM1550's that I want to use as mid/tops. I beleive that the Ohm subs already have a rudimentary built in crossover....
On the back of the unit, there are a mixture of inputs and outputs for channel A & B but some of them are marked 'not used'. Is this when the unit is used in mono mode.....?
I assume the set up is this.....
Inputs from my mixer into channel A input (marked mono input) and channel B input (marked not used). 'Low' outputs from channel A and channel B into the inputs of one amplifier, and 'high' outputs from channel A (marked not used) and channel B into a second amplifier.
On the front panel, there input level pots for both channels as well as level and frequency for 'low' and level only for 'high'. There are also level and freq pots for a subwoofer. These controls are supplimented with range and mut buttons......
An idiots guide would very gratefully received......
Many thanks,

IanM