PDA

View Full Version : Songs that are less popular.

scoopd
16-12-2006, 04:46 PM
We all know that the Scissor Sisters is THE most popular all round song of the year but I'm curious to find out what songs are NOt going down so well.
Rock DJ is my best example.A few years ago it was an utter floorfiller but now-not so!
What songs do you guys find are dying off.......?

axeman
16-12-2006, 05:13 PM
i play rock dj (Pitched up a little) all the time, i find it still fills the floor, but i agree with the point you are making, thing that once seemed cool are no longer - like mambo no5, and shania twains former hits - someone elso may say they think this still fills the floor ....lol

leighinstoke
17-12-2006, 01:56 AM
Mambo No.5 has gone from being a floorfiller to a floorcleaner for me - and Sir Tom Jones's SexBomb which used to drag 'em up gets a weak response now. Even DJ Otzi crumbles if very few kids in the place.

I like to throw some total 'oddballs' at my crowd and often get a full floor that I keep then pretty much till 'lights on' time - tonight's example being "Status Quo(!) - When You Walk In The Room" - up they came and stayed.

Leigh.....

Danno13
17-12-2006, 03:07 AM
Push the button and can't get you out of my head seem to have lost theie popularity, although never saw what all the fuss was with Can't get.., prefer to play Spinning around or Better the devil you know.

Rock Dj still works well for me, mainly as it mixes well into Scissor Sisters. Sex Bomb lived up to its name and bombed for me tonight...

soundtracker
17-12-2006, 09:26 AM
I don't think that you can generalise - we all talk about guaranteed floor-fillers, but I don't honestly think that there is such an animal!! I even had an empty floor for the Scissor Sisters the other night!!!!

Dragonfly
17-12-2006, 10:05 AM
id agree with soundtracker theres no gaurantee but you can probably say what is becoming less popular in your area or with regular bookings ....

at a school i do hips dont lie is just beginning to wear off a little.

BeerFunk
17-12-2006, 11:22 AM
People do get sick of hearing the same songs over and over, but if they haven't heard a great track for a while then they'll love it!

I'd agree about Rock DJ, but Mambo No. 5 seems to always do the business if you play it later on! DJ Otzi I don't really play anymore, but the DJ Otzi version of Doo Wah Diddy still works for me - as does Hermes House Band - Country Roads :D