PDA

View Full Version : Deep frozen Denon?

Ricesnaps
22-12-2006, 09:33 AM
Probably completely no problem - as my gear lived in a trailer out the back of our house for the last two years, but will this current spell of very cold weather cause any problems with my kit which is currently sat in my van?

Only ask because it looks very frosty on the outside!

DMX Will
22-12-2006, 10:03 AM
I don't know that cold will, but moisture getting inside will!

Paul James Promotions
22-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Just make sure you switch on your CD players as soon as possible when arriving at a show.

Dragonfly
22-12-2006, 10:47 AM
agree with that i usually make sure i have the heating on as high as i can bear it on the way to gigs just helps warm up things a couple of degrees maybe total superstition but just something ive got in the habit of doing.

CRAZY K
22-12-2006, 11:03 AM
agree with that i usually make sure i have the heating on as high as i can bear it on the way to gigs just helps warm up things a couple of degrees maybe total superstition but just something ive got in the habit of doing.

DOESNT IT GET A BIT HOT IN THE SUMMER DAVE? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

CRAZY K

spin mobile disco
22-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Im told that leaving cd players in the cold can effect the laser but have no evidence to prove it. I knwo that when you buy electrical good it normally says if left in cold allow to heat to room temp before using. Look under humidity and temprature conditions in the instructions. My cd players say in the manual min temp 10c max 37c so i guess it may be dangerous if its below 10c fro long periods.

funkymike
22-12-2006, 02:45 PM
Hope pc's dont freeze up!

I take a hair dryer in the v cold weather, dont have anyother use for it

Mike

CRAZY K
22-12-2006, 02:58 PM
Im told that leaving cd players in the cold can effect the laser but have no evidence to prove it. I knwo that when you buy electrical good it normally says if left in cold allow to heat to room temp before using. Look under humidity and temprature conditions in the instructions. My cd players say in the manual min temp 10c max 37c so i guess it may be dangerous if its below 10c fro long periods.

The damp and cold mist up the CD laser eye---should work after returning to room temperature

CRAZY K

Thames Valley Discos
22-12-2006, 03:03 PM
I tend to keep sound equipment and speakers indoors, lights etc in workshop.
I,m always concerned at leaving speakers in damp conditions, like wise with my sound gear.
I personally would not kep it in a van or trailer.

Ricesnaps
27-12-2006, 09:12 AM
I tend to keep sound equipment and speakers indoors, lights etc in workshop.
I,m always concerned at leaving speakers in damp conditions, like wise with my sound gear.
I personally would not kep it in a van or trailer.

The van is now in the garage, so effectively indoors!

Still, Thursday night's a marquee gig, so probably won't matter anyway as we'll be BLOODY FREEZING - taking my own heater I think!

A1DL
27-12-2006, 09:30 AM
The van is now in the garage, so effectively indoors!

Still, Thursday night's a marquee gig, so probably won't matter anyway as we'll be BLOODY FREEZING - taking my own heater I think!

check what power you've got available before plugging it in and what else is on that feed.

are you running off mains or genny?

Ricesnaps
27-12-2006, 10:52 AM
check what power you've got available before plugging it in and what else is on that feed.

are you running off mains or genny?

We will see - Ihave emailed the client and asked. Think a level surface to set up on might more of a worry based on previous marquee gigs!

TonyB
27-12-2006, 12:01 PM
There can't be that many people mad enough to use a marquee this time of year - its not a gig in South Essex is it?

Ricesnaps
27-12-2006, 12:03 PM
There can't be that many people mad enough to use a marquee this time of year - its not a gig in South Essex is it?
Ha I see a chap from the home of my former employer.... and in English, used to work in Witham!!!

Not South Essex no, more like North Essex.

You are not wrong, must be absolutely off there rockers having a marquee in the back garden at this time of year!!!

I'll be DJin in gloves and a scarf by the looks - thank god we don't use vinyl anymore

TonyB
27-12-2006, 12:11 PM
My friends are having an 18th party for their twins in Stanford Le Hope and have hired a disco. I thought it might be a bit of a long shot but they have hired a marquee too.

If you were doing it, I was going suggest that I'd take my decks along as a back up just in case but looks like its a difference place.

Ricesnaps
27-12-2006, 12:15 PM
My friends are having an 18th party for their twins in Stanford Le Hope and have hired a disco. I thought it might be a bit of a long shot but they have hired a marquee too.

If you were doing it, I was going suggest that I'd take my decks along as a back up just in case but looks like its a difference place.
Thanks for the thought - apreciated!

Mines a 21st and the chaps name is "Kew".

Sounds like a different fella!

Ricesnaps
27-12-2006, 06:07 PM
OK, it's a heated marquee, with a stage for both me and the band with plenty of room for both - so I am told. The client has also reasured me that she has two seperate 13amp power runs exclusively for me.

Off to funky house myself up ready.....

A1DL
27-12-2006, 06:29 PM
OK, it's a heated marquee, with a stage for both me and the band with plenty of room for both - so I am told. The client has also reasured me that she has two seperate 13amp power runs exclusively for me.

Off to funky house myself up ready.....

assuming you need one for sound and one for light, then the heater will have to go amiss :( :cry:

Ricesnaps
27-12-2006, 06:38 PM
assuming you need one for sound and one for light, then the heater will have to go amiss :( :cry:
She has assured me the marquee is heated - but I will take a few layers just in case :D