PDA

View Full Version : Help! I need playlist assistance!

mattgreen
02-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Hi Guys!

I have been given the task of doing a disco for a youth group. The ages range from 5-18! I have no idea where to start with building a playlist, anyone got some playlists I could take a look at that have been successfull?

The disco got dropped onto me after the booked DJ dropped out. I have all the stuff, but my disco's are usually for the younger or older... I never do teenagers or such a big range!

Help!!

Thanks,

Matt

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Matt

Welcome to the forum - perhaps you'd like to introduce yourself in the newbies section and then I'm sure people will help out!

DMX Will
02-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Matt,

Have a look through the last 5 or so Now CDs, you will also find some good tracks on the earlier Now CDs (I wouldn't go much further down than 35). You should be able to base most of the night around those as the age range is nice and low. Remember if you don't remember a track first coming out, the ages your entertaing probably wont either.

Also think about the party cheese classics which tend to go down well, YMCA, Saturday Night and the like.

Hope this helps.

mattgreen
16-01-2007, 10:19 AM
Cheers for your help guys. I did it! Went well I guess - good job I had my 'High School Musical Soundtrack' with me! Thats all the kids wanted. I have never seen over 60 kids singing along too a song at a disco word for word!

I think people were impressed because I got bookings for two weddings!! Just deciding what sort of thing to play for that now! :eek:

Corabar Steve
16-01-2007, 10:37 AM
Nice one Matt!

DMX Will
16-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Cheers for your help guys. I did it! Went well I guess - good job I had my 'High School Musical Soundtrack' with me! Thats all the kids wanted. I have never seen over 60 kids singing along too a song at a disco word for word!

I think people were impressed because I got bookings for two weddings!! Just deciding what sort of thing to play for that now! :eek:

Well done matey :)