PDA

View Full Version : ET Globalsolutions YET AGAIN

Ricesnaps
04-01-2007, 07:27 AM
This is becoming a sorry story....

You may remember I had problems with the renewal of my domain towards the end of last year - some of which was indeed my own fault.

Well, we head into what has historically been the busiest time of the year for web enquiries and bookings - took 50% of my summer wedding bookings in the first two weeks of Jan last year. However, my email started playing up a couple of days ago, but thought maybe just the new year blues. Now I have discovered that I cannot access any of my web sites - just get the "page cannot be displayed" message, no email (as I have had calls saying emails sent are not getting through) and no stats and control panel on my host.

Add to that the fact that even my host website is not being accessed - www.etglobalsolution.co.uk and you have a rather concerned DJ!

I have emailed the "webmaster" at the domain from work email, but anyone got any thoughts?

I would also be interested to know if any of you think I have a case for compensation from the host due to lost work. After all, based on last year, this could be worth thousands to me!

jamesh
04-01-2007, 08:09 AM
It's a tricky one to be honnest... as with most things web related...

Think you'll probably find that somewhere in their terms and conditions it will say something like they will not take any responsibility for loss of work due to domain / server outages - the ususual cover your ass type stuff...

Think the most you'd get out of them is a discount or certain free time on the domain / hosting rather than any payout... But then would you really want it??? They don't sound too reliable to me.

Corabar Entertainment
04-01-2007, 10:21 AM
I think you're on a hiding to nothing for consequential losses Matt..... but I think you maybe ought to think about changing your host provider!!!

CRAZY K
04-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Get a new domain if necessary and speak to Richie for package details or go to someone big and ugly like Claranet, and get some reliability as Angela said.

Theres certainly a lot of "quote activity" at present.

CRAZYK