PDA

View Full Version : My Site

mg ents
11-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Hi,

Looking to upgrade the website this month...can you all have a look round it and give us some constructive criticism, anything missing that you would expect...what do you think about putting a price section in...

cheers

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-01-2007, 09:11 PM
OK, front page.

The photo looks very stretched and the cables need to be neatened up somewhat. I don't like the "Premier ent's" bit. WHy not put Premier Entertainments, as that is what it is?

The text needs to be centred or put on the left or right - it looks fairly random the way it is. There are also a few capital letters where there shouldn't be - I think it is very important to use good grammar and spelling on a site, especially th front page. First impressions and all that!

The picture on the mobile disco page is not very inspiring either!

All your flash animations lead to a flash animation site too, which has nothing to do with your business and is taking the reader away from your site.

I just think it looks a bit random in places!

It depends how you work out your prices to whether you put them on your site.

Corabar Entertainment
11-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Have to say - I couldn't even read your front page with the flashing text! :(

Candybeatdiscos
11-01-2007, 09:29 PM
frontpage, all over the place, too much flashing, wanted to leave after 5 seconds.

news page: again all over the place hard to read.

mobile disco page: i think its fine

karaoke page: get better looking singers (joke lol)

pages up to the contact us page seem fine apart from the flashing animations that take your eyes away all the time...but the contact us page needs centered especially the text "BOOKINGS FOR 2007 ARE NOW BEING TAKEN...contact us for further information".

Interactive page: Do you really want a you tube video there? best to host the video yourself, the first thing i saw was a sign telling me i am a tube, bear in mind you may get clients who don't visit the you tube website and get taken aback by that.

All in all, I do not like the black background and white writing, i am sure you can ask many graphic designers who will advise that it's actually one of the worst combinations and if you search the net you wont find many professional sites using that combination.

Please do not take any offence at my comments i am simply advising what i liked and didn't and allow you to make up your mind about my comments.

mg ents
11-01-2007, 09:36 PM
cheers you lot, very open minded so keep comments coming....

Tonsk
12-01-2007, 09:16 AM
Similar to the above.

The pictures you have scale, so they appear stretched or condensed, dependent on your window size.

I didn't mind the flashing logo for the first minute, then it got annoying and did distract from the what I was reading. See if you can get it to loop for a few times and then stop the GM-Ents.co.uk moving and just have the pulse behind it keep moving.

Take off the hit counter..

8** isn't a lot in some peoples eyes and it's better for them to imagine how busy your site is than be told.

Remove: "Not forgetting the fantastic Party Set we put on with classics such as YMCA, Macarena and the Timewarp to name a few, to get the venue going wild!" from your disco page.

It's just my opinion, but I wouldn't want to be told that you would definately play any song (unless I asked for it) at my function - I would hope you would react to what was happening on the dancefloor. Also, I may hate those songs and you telling me you will definately play them, may put me off.

I also don't know about the phraseology (sp) of strut your stuff - Doesn't conjur up a wedding to me, more a 21st/40th type affair.

Depends on what you're aiming at. I would also say that I ALWAYS wear appropriate attire which will be discussed with you before the function. Sounds better than "depending on the occassion.. wouldn't want to lower the tone".

Its mainly just the image it conjurs when reading. Does it show sophistication and professionalism? Can I trust this person with my function? ask yourself that when reading it.

The YouTube links, I have links to YouTube on my site, but I have them as a single image which when clicked links you to YouTube and this is explained to the people, it again just looks a little bit better.

All this is just my opinion and others may disagree, but you asked for thoughts.

Regards

Tony

Ricesnaps
12-01-2007, 09:26 AM
Just a couple of things....

1. Colour. There is something about disco websites and black backgrounds. Especially with the purple text - I was told a long time ago that clean and simple is much better.

2. Layout - try to stick to a standard page format and change the content and not the format. You should be able to flick through the pages and the heading and links buttons all stay exactly where they are.

DJ Frankie
12-01-2007, 09:35 AM
One bug bear for me is the cheesy music on your homepage.:rolleyes:

Majority of people will look to book a disco whilst at work and they don’t wont music blasting out of there speakers especially if the boss is around or they work in an open office. :bang:

Just my opinion.