PDA

View Full Version : hey guys newbies here...oioiiiiiii

daveyboy
15-01-2007, 01:51 PM
hey all im 26 yrs old from surrey, iv been bedroom dj for about 8 years and and have decided to start my own mobile disco as you call it. I put a thread through on tips etc on how to get started etc and thanks to those who replyed aslo on reading this if there is anyone who lives near me would it be possible to come with you on a few gigs to get the feel of it and get an idea of whats its like and ill buy ya a beer..lol. anyway hope all is well an ill be visiting the forum quite alot for a chat or advive etc...anyway bye for know.

Shaun
15-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Welcome to the forum Davey :approve:

daveyboy
15-01-2007, 02:02 PM
cheers mate thankyou very much.

Corabar Entertainment
15-01-2007, 02:02 PM
Hello Davey :welcome2:

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Hi Davey

Welcome to the forum!

soundtracker
15-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Hello and welcome

daveyboy
15-01-2007, 02:11 PM
hey guys and advice on how to get started, im tlaking to ex dj who selling his cds he got about 200 everything from 60s/70s/80s/90/s disco/rock etc he got master mix cds he got many othere like "now thats what i call music" 24-61 editions an many more is it worth buying something like that or not? he got cheesy cds and so on an on.

Shaun
15-01-2007, 02:19 PM
hey guys and advice on how to get started, im tlaking to ex dj who selling his cds he got about 200 everything from 60s/70s/80s/90/s disco/rock etc he got master mix cds he got many othere like "now thats what i call music" 24-61 editions an many more is it worth buying something like that or not? he got cheesy cds and so on an on.

If the price is right it could be a good way to start off your collection. Just make sure he's selling original cd's, and also make sure that the discs are in good condition.

daveyboy
15-01-2007, 02:27 PM
they are all original copys and they are all still in good working order, but if i did not get them what other ways are there in getting all the music compiled?

jaygees
15-01-2007, 02:34 PM
they are all original copys and they are all still in good working order, but if i did not get them what other ways are there in getting all the music compiled?

hi daveyboy

ive always found that car boot sales have loads of cds going cheap or find a shop that sells second hand cds at very good prices, i know of one in hitchin called re:play. they do sell top quality cheap cds.
:)

daveyboy
15-01-2007, 02:38 PM
cheers mate, if i got these cds what would be best way to organise them all, cos i wont remember what is on each cd at first, would i have to go through each cd an make some some sort of list??? these cds i might be getting there are over 200 plus in cluding mastermix cds aswell he asking about 250/300 for the lot??

jaygees
15-01-2007, 02:49 PM
cheers mate, if i got these cds what would be best way to organise them all, cos i wont remember what is on each cd at first, would i have to go through each cd an make some some sort of list??? these cds i might be getting there are over 200 plus in cluding mastermix cds aswell he asking about 250/300 for the lot??

if you have a lap top that you can take out with you then you could consider (music label) can be downloaded from www.codeaero.com.

i use this and it was easy to input all the cds info onto the program,
all the cds are given numbers, so when a customer askes for a track i type in either the artist or tittle and it tell me what cd it is on and the number.

before i got the laptop i used to just spend more time looking for tracks.

daveyboy
15-01-2007, 02:56 PM
i was thinking of doing that and getting lap top cos it would be the way forward, just typoe in name an tells you what cd is on. and as im just starting out i think that would be the best way, lap top not that expensive these days just need one with good memory.

Corabar Steve
15-01-2007, 07:20 PM
:welcome1: :approve: :beer3:

Harrison's Discos
16-01-2007, 03:16 PM
:welcome2: :D

Spirits High
16-01-2007, 07:30 PM
hi davey,

A couple of dj collections on ebay at the mo just do a search, plenty there.

Corabar Steve
16-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Shame loads of them turn out to be copies

Bridge
16-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Hi daveyboy and welcome to the forum.

What sort of music do you play at home? I am presuming you might have a lot of dance stuff?? Have you used vinyl or cds over the last few years?

I'm just thinking that if you are planning to go mobile and looking to go out with someone - hang on to your money until you definately know for sure its what you want to do!!

This is especially good advice if you are planning on buying drinks for the DJ :)

daveyboy
17-01-2007, 02:53 PM
yeah at the mo im using vinyl and yes i have alot of dance stuff, im waiting im meeting someone in a weeks time regarding djing in a bar/club as there i will be mainly playing funkyhouse/club classics and bit of rnb but if thats does not go ahead then im going to go into mobile djing and do partys that why asking lots of questions about the cd etc and which ones to start with.