PDA

View Full Version : R'n'B free night!!

sleah
17-01-2007, 10:09 AM
At the nightclub I do, we play basically mainstream music accross the years, the main middle part of the night mostly up-to-date stuff, including, but thankfully reducing amonts of, this modern R'n'B rubbish.
I actually managed an R'N'B free night last weekend! Yay!!!! WoooHooo!!!!

I use the description fairly loosly, anything that sounds R'n'Bish. Like Beyonce, PCD, Christina, Black Eyed Peas, Crooklyn Clan you know the sort of thing I mean.
The night was mainly pop, dance, rock, indie, old school dance, cheese, soul.

You may have guessed I'm not an R'n'B fan :D

DMX Will
17-01-2007, 10:33 AM
Thats pretty impressive. I too share your feelings for RnB

Corabar Entertainment
17-01-2007, 12:12 PM
I too share your feelings for RnBSo do most people who love music!!!!!! (Although there are always some exceptions to every rule!)

Thames Valley Discos
17-01-2007, 12:14 PM
and guess who has a friday night of total RnB?

jaygees
17-01-2007, 12:17 PM
i dont mind r & b, but i hate hip hop :daft:

Thames Valley Discos
17-01-2007, 12:39 PM
all sounds the same to me... Rubbish

sleah
17-01-2007, 02:57 PM
i dont mind r & b, but i hate hip hop :daft:

all sounds the same to me... Rubbish

Yeah, I forgot about hip-hop. I tend not to differenciate (spelling??)
What is the difference anyway? I'm not convinced the artists really know :confused:

jaygees
17-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Yeah, I forgot about hip-hop. I tend not to differenciate (spelling??)
What is the difference anyway? I'm not convinced the artists really know :confused:

to be totally honest i dont think a lot of members of the public know, all i know is i hate it when they ask for hip hop !! but they really mean r&b :bang:

Not much difference between them unless you get into the hardcore rappy crappy hip hop

ho hum:)

Corabar Steve
17-01-2007, 03:51 PM
and guess who has a friday night of total RnB?

Now if only you were talking Muddy Waters, Bo Diddley, early Stones, early Who, Pretty Things, the Animals, etc

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Now if only you were talking Muddy Waters, Bo Diddley, early Stones, early Who, Pretty Things, the Animals, etc

Ooooh, you're so predictable....:rolleyes:

Corabar Steve
17-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Ooooh, you're so predictable....:rolleyes:
What me?:whistle:

Now Garage on the other hand.................

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

symo
17-01-2007, 04:14 PM
RnB now is what can loosely be described as modern soul music; but in reality tends to be about someone wanting to get their "freak on" with someone else alnight.

Hip Hop dispenses with all the long whiney vocals found in RnB exceptions are JayZ who has Beyonce singing alot because he is dating her. In reality real Hip Hop ended about 10 years ago.

I hate RnB and the list of modern Hip Hop I like is very small.

Now DnB....mmmmmm

Thames Valley Discos
17-01-2007, 04:17 PM

not sure which i dislike more

Dragonfly
17-01-2007, 05:34 PM
sadly rnb is no more rhythem and blues but under the new tag its rhymes and beats

magicfm
17-01-2007, 06:38 PM
R'n'B Free Night - Great Idea.... judging by comments made recently across DJ forums I don't think many of us like this cr@p.:mad:

Another thing I find great is holding a 'Westlife' and 'McFly' Free night. :p :p

Corabar Steve
17-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Another thing I find great is holding a 'Westlife' and 'McFly' Free night. :p :pMost gigs for me