PDA

View Full Version : New Web Site

wensleydale
18-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Evening all,

I've recently set up a new part of the business and thrown together a new site after feedback given by members of the forum previously.

I would appreciate feedback on the site and comments about what people think the average punter looks for- time and time again I see lists and lists of equipment that must mean virtually nothing to the average joe.

what are your views on what appeals to people.

http://www.londonweddingdisco.co.uk is where it's at.

Cheers in advance

Danno13
18-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Its a nice clean design. But first impressions are it could do with some photos of what you do. Not necessarily rig pictures, but happy, dancing customers!

I'm not a fan of the negative stuff like "x does this, that etc.", but then that could just be me. It may work out ok.

Overall though, i like it and its a lot better than most.

Tonsk
19-01-2007, 10:50 AM
Ok, first impressions - Similar to Danno13, remove some of the negatives for example:

Over ten years later, and we are still going strong, which hopefully means that we are not really really terrible.

This does not conjure up a good final impression. Something like

Over ten years later and with hundreds of happy bride and grooms who have trusted us for their entertainment, we are going from strength to strength.

(I just typed this as I thought it, if I gave it a bit of thought and sat down to work it out, it would be better!) This though leaves a better picture in my mind - And it's all that the customer has to go on.

I also wouldn't start the page with wedding discos are horrible or whatever it was - Only because you want to give them positives BEFORE the negatives.. It's called a positive sandwich (I think) where you give them good things, then bad, then finish with positives so they start happy and end happy.

Other things like too many "alsos" in the About Us section and in the Little Things section:

We've been doing this for long enough to know a few people who can "sort" things, so if there is another aspect of entertainment, again, we may be able to help, whether it be musicians, magicians, bands, artists, florists etc etc- if you are struggling to get something to happen, why not ask and we will see what we can do

Change this to something like - During our 10 years experience of entertaining at all functions, we have built up a network of contacts with other high calibre local companies who can supply any kind of need. If you are thinking of a band, magician, toast master or require a florist, string quartet etc, we may know someone that we can recommend to make your day special.

Just my opinion though...

Tony

Shaun
19-01-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm not a fan of the negative stuff like "x does this, that etc.", but then that could just be me. It may work out ok.

I completely agree. Using negatives to sell is a pet hate of mine.

Nice site, but I think a softer colour scheme that appeals to potential brides may be beneficial to you. Maybe it's just my old eyes but the white text on black background really strains my eyes.

CRAZY K
19-01-2007, 05:56 PM
I quite like the approach---immediate thoughts are--

Elf and safety--got to include PAT somewhere with PLI cover or did I miss it?

DJs talking over the music may annoy people but dont give the image of no personality--dont become what my friend Dragonfly would describe as a flashing jukebox --so they might just as well stick a couple of ipods of their favourite pre selected tracks through a hired sound system with lights and not bother with a Disco.

Yes I agree with the others --good happy fun pictures are helpful in creating a positive image--picked up a gig today because of this on my site.

CRAZY K

wensleydale
20-01-2007, 08:36 AM
thanks for all the comments so far....

with regard to the last comment- in essence we are more of a flashing jukebox than a dj who talks all the time and that is exactly what we are trying to be- I don't think this is a problem- the personality comes out in the music- or at least it should do.
this goes back to the beginning and why we set up because we hated event where we went and there was a dj that thought he was on local radio fm.
i appreciate this is not what everyone wants but I still believe people are interested in the music, not the chat.
if people want chat they can have that too, but people seem less interested in that now than ever in the last 10 yrs- people are growing up in nightclubs where the dj's don't even own a mic and therefore have no issue with it.

photos will follow when i have some time.

will revisit all the other stuff people have commented on.....

SnakeyEyes
13-06-2007, 07:07 PM
just clicked on it and got a page telling me to try again later!! that wont get much custom!

wensleydale
03-10-2007, 06:25 PM
i've just tweaked the site again and am currently working on the list of other suppliers- anyone any other comments whilst i am in change mode?