PDA

View Full Version : Updated site

robbiedj
29-01-2007, 07:20 PM
We have just reworked the website, well, Carol has, while recovering from her op (Can't have her sitting around doing nothing can I?:p )

Please check it out for us and spot any glaring mistakes. Decided to change colour scheme etc just for the h**l of it.

http://magicmoments-disco.co.uk

Danno13
29-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Overall, its a nice site. Easy to navigate and lots of information.

One thing that would improve it loads though would be to add some photos amongst the text on each page.. at the moment is a bit text heavy.

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-01-2007, 07:58 PM
I think it looks much better Robbie and can't see anything obvious, spelling wise.

CRAZY K
29-01-2007, 08:39 PM
We have just reworked the website, well, Carol has, while recovering from her op (Can't have her sitting around doing nothing can I?:p )

Please check it out for us and spot any glaring mistakes. Decided to change colour scheme etc just for the h**l of it.

http://magicmoments-disco.co.uk

Just to mention an idea that has increased enquiry levels for me--

On the contact page have you tried using an enquiry form asking for the information required with a submit button rather than hoping they will remember everything.

Richie was most helpful in helping me set them up on my sites with a php program.

Its never perfect of course--

Question: Where is the function being held?
Answer: In my house :D :D :D :D :D :D doh!

regards

CRAZY K

Corabar Steve
30-01-2007, 08:15 AM
Looking good Robbie, although you've still got the old MDA logo :d

Marc J
15-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Just a few point I noticed: -

1. The title of your index page is just 'index'.
2. The title of Weddings & Civil Unions is 'Weddings&CivilUnions' - it's OK to use spaces in the title tag.
3. The "Contact & Links" menu item says "Payment & Paypal" when you hover over it.
4. In my opinion, nothing looks worse than transparent GIFs which haven't been made for the background they're being used on. This looks even worse if they are animated. In particular the DJ Associates graphic on your index, the spinning email on the links page, and to a lesser extent the WebRing logo further down the same page.

ian8limelight
15-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Nice one Robbie, looks really good.