PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Getting my RSQ (JVC) Player Repaired

Sarahjovi
08-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Hello,:Hi there:

I'm Sarah from Milton Keynes. I'm a part time KJ, hopefully on the verge of my first regular gig, having done one offs and private parties for the last couple of years.

I just want to pick a few brains about getting my 2.5 year old RSQ SV-222 repaired. I know from reading other forums that the common problem is the discs not being read and I believe this is due to the laser needing replacing.

It seems a great shame that so many people have these machines and don't get them repaired.

I have done some digging and the spare part is available from the USA at not too great a cost (Approx £30). However the fitting of the part is probably the expensive bit and makes the cost effectiveness of getting the repair done not worth it.

Does anyone have any experiences they can share with me. Have you had your machine repaired! Where did you get it done and how much did you pay or did you look into it and not get it done due to cost or not being able to find someone to do it!

My brother is a Audio/Visual Technician and has contacts within the industry, so I will be chatting with him to find out who or where he thinks I could get the repair done, or I'm hoping he may be able to do it!

Sorry for the long first post. But hopefully we may be able to get our machines fixed.

Cheers
Sarah:D

Corabar Steve
08-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Hi Sarah, Why not pop into The Newbies secton & introduce youself properly?

I'm sure there will be someone who can help with your question shortly

Sarahjovi
03-03-2007, 10:00 PM
Hello Again,

I just thought people may be interested. I have now sourced a spare laser from Austria, and me and hubby managed to fit it between us! and now my RSQ SV-222 works perfectly again!

Hooray!

Sarah:D

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Glad you sorted it out Sarah.