PDA

View Full Version : For professional discos - please help me out with info on resources

JonnyBoy
08-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Dear all,

For my A level business project I have decided to create a fictional professional mobile disco business. I am currently at the resources stage of planning, and would greatly appreciate any help which anybody can give me.

The information provided will not be used directly, and will purely be a source of background information for myself to gain knowledge on. You do not have to use specific information and I am not asking for anything detailed which you may think could show a threat to your company if it got in to rivals hands..

If you do not wish to post information on the board then feel free to PM me, it will be treated with the strictest of confidence and will not be shared :)

Human resources - information on your....
- Salary / wages
- Training

Physical resources - talking about the......
- Premises e.g. layout of equipment, style etc.
- Offices
- Van – clean, designed, logos, new, reliable
- Equipment checks – PAT testing etc
- Externally sourced services – who to use
- Uniform
- Suppliers of equipment

Financial resources – talking about the USE of ...
- Internally sourced (individual’s money, partnerships etc)
- Externally sourced (bank loans, investors)
- Departmental budgeting – why some areas are given more than others
- Break even charts

Once again thanks for taking the time to read and I hope some of you can be of assistance :) In return if anyone requires a website for a low, discounted cost I am able to provide this as I do website design/ecommerce.

Cheers

JonnyBoy

Corabar Entertainment
08-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Hi there & :welcome:.... you may find you'll get a better response if you ask specific questions - eg when you say salaries/wages, do you mean price per gig; annual turnover; net profits; salaries paid out to employees, etc.... see my point? If you can devise actual questions that you want answered I am sure that a few of the members will give you more info! :)

JonnyBoy
08-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Hi Corabar thanks for the warm welcome. I will write a bit more about each thing below. Hope this is a bit clearer for everyone and once again would like to say thanks in advance for anyone taking the time to help with my research. Have found this website so far a great source of information to include in the project :D

SALARY/WAGES
- how much anyone you employ receives per gig
- the procedure of tax/national insurance and how much is taken off
- how often they are paid and method of payment

TRAINING
- how you train the DJ's you employ (e.g. tutorials from yourself, externally done, user guides produced..)
- motivation, how you keep them interested in the job through items such as incentives

PHYSICAL ITEMS
- Any specific reasons you have chosen for making the layout of equipment better / more user friendly
- Steps you take to make your office (if applicable) looks professional
- How you have made maximum use of transportation through advertising, type of transport used and why (e.g. transit for space etc..)
- Equipment checks which are reguarly done for safety etc e.g. PAT
- Externally sourced services you use them, for example bouncy castles at children's partys.
- The type of uniform chosen and why (if used) - e.g. plain for simplicity... bright and coloured to stand out..
- Suppliers of equipment and why purchased from there, warrenties etc

FINANCE
- Sources of internal finance which you used to start up (personal savings, friends, etc)
OR - Externally sourced which you used (banks, investors) and details on this
- Departmental budgeting – why you allocate more money in certain areas, for example more money spent on marketing than on music and WHY
- Break even charts if used, and why.

Anything else that anyone can add would be great, thankyou :)

DMX Will
08-02-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm with Ang (Corabar) on this one, go even more specific. Like Section 1 - Wages, Question 1 etc.

Perhaps write it out in a word document that we can download, fill out and email back to you?

Solitaire Events Ltd
08-02-2007, 09:58 PM
I'm with Ang (Corabar) on this one, go even more specific. Like Section 1 - Wages, Question 1 etc.

Perhaps write it out in a word document that we can download, fill out and email back to you?

Probably a good idea as people probably won't want to put all their secrets on a forum and as there's no money involved, probably wouldn't bother to PM all that info!:rolleyes:

Corabar Entertainment
08-02-2007, 10:07 PM
The other thing I would start with is what type of business you have: you seem to be assuming that it is a multi-op ltd company, whereas most DJs are sole traders. Your questions will need to be tailored so that they can be adapted for the different styles

JonnyBoy
08-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Hi

Have done it in word format in question format with spaces for answers

Even if you can only answer a few questions it all helps :D

http://www5.upload2.net/download/2c7d47b02a08ad7cfb78e6e0306df409/45cbbe16/sIhM61p28HUyi94/Market+research.doc

Please email to [email protected] when done

Thanks

Corabar Entertainment
08-02-2007, 10:56 PM
Erm - you might want to check that link!

Solitaire Events Ltd
08-02-2007, 11:07 PM
Erm - you might want to check that link!

It works Ang - you need to let the file upload first. It took about 40 seconds here.

Corabar Entertainment
08-02-2007, 11:14 PM
Ah - I see now. Ta.

Solitaire Events Ltd
08-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Ah - I see now. Ta.

Amatuers:D :D :D

DMX Will
08-02-2007, 11:22 PM
Ang/Darren

Change the link to this one...(which is direct)
http://www5.upload2.net/download/2c7d47b02a08ad7cfb78e6e0306df409/45cbbe16/sIhM61p28HUyi94/Market+research.doc

DMX Will
08-02-2007, 11:23 PM
Before I go any further, can I ask Jonny, what is your relation to Sole Seekers and the eBay store please?

Solitaire Events Ltd
08-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Before I go any further, can I ask Jonny, what is your relation to Sole Seekers and the eBay store please?

Eh? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Explain Will please!

JonnyBoy
08-02-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm a website designer too, email address is mine as it is for technical site inquiries when their site launches.

DMX Will
08-02-2007, 11:29 PM
The email he provides is "[email protected]", thus to have an email such as "store" he must be important to the website/company whatever it is. When you visit soleseekers.co.uk you get an eBay store. Which I presume is his/has something to do with, as he has access to the store@ email. :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
08-02-2007, 11:32 PM
The email he provides is "[email protected]", thus to have an email such as "store" he must be important to the website/company whatever it is. When you visit soleseekers.co.uk you get an eBay store. Which I presume is his/has something to do with, as he has access to the store@ email. :)

Thank you Sherlock.;)

DMX Will
08-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Thank you Sherlock.;)

On the contrary my dear Watson

JonnyBoy
09-02-2007, 11:36 AM
I'm a website designer too, email address is mine as it is for technical site inquiries when their site launches.

Like I said, the email address is [email protected] as it is the technical site side

thanks