PDA

View Full Version : Invoicing Deposits and Final Amounts

DMX Will
11-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Up until now I have only invoiced for the final amount (i.e. £20 less than the total amount because it's been taken in a deposit).

So how do I go about invoicing for a deposit as well as for the final amount?

Would I send the client one invoice, with two "services" listed, one clearly as the desposit.

Or do I send out two invoices totally seperatly (as they are being paid for at different times)? And then send out to seperate receipts too?

What do you do?

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-02-2007, 03:20 PM
I send one invoice with two separate lines, one saying advance payment and when it's due and then the other saying balance and when it's due.

Then I put a total at the bottom of the invoice.

theoloyla
11-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Simple. When it comes to paying the balance you send them a statement of account if required.

CRAZY K
11-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Simple. When it comes to paying the balance you send them a statement of account if required.

And dont forget to chase them up if not paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRAZY K

pagan_flame
12-02-2007, 05:51 PM
When they are booking, I do an invoice from a Word template I have made up - just fill in the relevant details, and then underneath the total I put 'Deposit £50', and under that 'To Pay On The Night' £ (gig fee - £50).

This I then email to the client, with the instructions to print out 2 copies, sign one and post it back to me with a cheque for £50 (unless they are paying by PayPal).

Works just fine, I haven't had to do it any other way for all of 2006... :D