PDA

View Full Version : More hosting problems

Ricesnaps
19-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Maybe this is a long shot, but it does seem that a number of you know a great deal more than I do on this matter.

Before I go any further, there is no no question about moving my hosting (certainly for one of our three sites as the current package has nearly expired) and can i say a big thanks to those of you who have offered me help and packages. I haven't completely decided which to go with just yet, but it will be one of the suggestions made (I am listening).

However, I have a bigger initial problem (particularly as I think I need my current host companies help to move my hosting?). It has now been over a week without email or web sites (but we were away for a few days last week). www.etglobalsolution.co.uk is not working, I have no repsonse to email and the "customer service" number I have from there web site just goes to voicemail and still no reply after my third message.

There are some problems I am about to face.

1. I am happy to move my hosting, but is it possible to do that quickly and painlessly without any involvement from my current host?
2. If it's not possible and the host continues to fail to respond, how do I get my site and email working again?

Finally, my wife has a wedding fair with her chocolate fountain on Thursday and all of her promotional information points to the web site and email. I have a feeling this could be an expensive waste of money if the site continues not to work!

If it helps, I have a feeling that my domain www.revelationroadshow.co.uk is not held or renewed by ETGlobal, but the other two: suffolkdj.co.uk and addicted2chocolate.co.uk were bought with the current hosting package!

Can anyone help?

Marc J
19-02-2007, 03:45 PM
1. I am happy to move my hosting, but is it possible to do that quickly and painlessly without any involvement from my current host?
To move hosts all you need is access to your domain, usually done through the registrar you registered them through. In your case: -

www.suffolkdj.co.uk - ENOM
www.revelationroadshow.co.uk - Fibranet Services Ltd
www.addicted2chocolate.co.uk - ENOM

These companies may or may not be familiar to you, someone may have registered domains on your behalf or as resellers for these (ENOM will be resold).

The control of your domain is required to make one change - the DNS settings for your domain. These are two settings which are currently set (for all your domains) to: -

Name servers:
ns1.etglobalsolution.co.uk
ns2.etglobalsolution.co.uk

It's these settings that tell "the internet" where to find your site. These are all you need to change if you're moving hosts. The problem is, if you registered your sites through ETGlobal you won't be able to change these if you can't contact them (that's a serious problem, and you have to go through www.nominet.org.uk to regain control of your own domains, which can be time consuming and costly). I hope you, or whoever registered your domains, used a 3rd party registrar!

If you CAN change the DNS settings for your domain(s), you don't need access to your old host, as long as you still have a copy of your site(s) locally. You just upload them to your new host.

2. If it's not possible and the host continues to fail to respond, how do I get my site and email working again?
As long as you have access to your domain(s) control panel (NOT hosting control panel), you can move your site.

Finally, my wife has a wedding fair with her chocolate fountain on Thursday and all of her promotional information points to the web site and email. I have a feeling this could be an expensive waste of money if the site continues not to work!

If it helps, I have a feeling that my domain www.revelationroadshow.co.uk is not held or renewed by ETGlobal, but the other two: suffolkdj.co.uk and addicted2chocolate.co.uk were bought with the current hosting package!

Can anyone help?
Oops! Just read this, and you won't be able to switch hosting for suffolkdj.co.uk and addicted2chocolate.co.uk easily if ETGlobal are non responsive. I'll have a look for the link on nominet's site for you, there's a bit about "third party non responsive" somewhere if I recall correctly....

Find out who registered revelationroadshow.co.uk for you and where, and change the DNS on that at least!

Marc J
19-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Using This page on ENOM's site (http://www.enom.com/help/) with suffolkdj.co.uk, gives the following as a reseller: -

Reseller Information Retrieval Tool
suffolkdj.co.uk

Organization: ETGlobalSolution Ltd
Address: 10 Smisby Road
Ashby de la Zouch
Leicestershire, LE65 2JL
Phone: +44.02070438799
Fax:
Email: [email protected]

No news there, but there's a chance that's a different phone number to the one you have, might be helpful! The contact is "Nitesh Patel".

Also, did you get certificates from nominet for your domains? These will have a rip off scratchy PIN number type thing on them, and if you have these it would make things easier with nominet, as they are proof that you are the owner. These can take a while to come through, though!

A few pages that might help: -

http://www.nominet.org.uk/registrants/maintain/changeagent

http://www.nominet.org.uk/registrants/maintain/transfer/dissolved/

Ricesnaps
19-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Yes I had info from Nomnet, but have moved in last month so have no idea where they are.

Sorry, that doesn't help!

Have tried the number you got for ET and it's same one I already had - left yet another message

Marc J
19-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Here's his eBay account: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=crocket2k

Obviously still alive, as he left feedback earlier today! Maybe contact him through eBay?

Good luck.

Marc J
19-02-2007, 04:20 PM
I just had a read of the stuff on the nominet links I posted, the first one is probably the one you want: http://www.nominet.org.uk/registrants/maintain/changeagent

You want to "Start a new Tag change request" (bottom of the page), it looks like it will cost you £15 + VAT + any outstanding fees (if any).

You'll also need to contact a new registrant (most popular are www.ukreg.com and www.123-reg.co.uk) and find out how to bring in a domain when its tag has been changed by nominet.

That is, of course, if you can't get any joy from ETGlobalSolutions :(

sainteh
28-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Hi,
I just found this thread when googling for people with similar problems to me with ETGlobal. I've come across another article that you might find useful so I thought I'd share it with you guys.

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=otherisp&Number=464563

This references ETGlobal having ceased all activity, however it offers a different phone number owned by GIO Internet that actually has someone on the other end!
She might not have a clue what I was on about but at least it's someone to talk to :P

Good luck!

Ricesnaps
28-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Hi,
I just found this thread when googling for people with similar problems to me with ETGlobal. I've come across another article that you might find useful so I thought I'd share it with you guys.

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=otherisp&Number=464563

This references ETGlobal having ceased all activity, however it offers a different phone number owned by GIO Internet that actually has someone on the other end!
She might not have a clue what I was on about but at least it's someone to talk to :P

Good luck!

Thanks for that. It's like putting pieces of the jigsaw puzzle together.

I have a strong feeling that the owner of ETGlobalsolutions is now the owner of ETGlobalsolution (not the dropped "S"), but can't prove that. Might suggest why there are problems.

Would I be correct in assuming you are also using them as your host?

If it helps, I have now been in touch with Nominet and have started the ball rolling on one of my domains and will do the other tonight to remove them from ET. Nominet tell me that once I fax the forms to them, it usually takes about 24 hours to forcably remove the domain from ET and place it elsewhere.

I have decided to go with Richie - click the web design and hosting link at the top of the page - so there's a recomendation for you if you are looking.

Also really keen to take legal action (probably small claims) against ET, so if you fancy PMing me and chatting about our combined problems? By the way, are you still unable to retrieve email? We have one site working but no email on any of them!

Finally, although you may not be anything to do with disco's, there are some here who may feel it a nice idea to introduce yourself in the newbie area!