PDA

View Full Version : advertising help

Jiggles
21-02-2007, 08:29 PM
I need help on how to get business i ha-vent had a lot since May last years (5 Discos :eek: ) and i want wondering how can i advertise better i have tried Posters in shop windows but the seem to disappear! Business cards in kids party bags but i need some more ways of advertising that is cheap and effective :)

Dragonfly
21-02-2007, 08:49 PM
what sort of budget callum..... what i did at first was spend 2 whole days trawling the internet for sites i could list with free .... theres loads if you have the time to search.

linage ads in the local paper. link exchanges with other professionals.

Jiggles
21-02-2007, 08:54 PM
never though about my local Newspaper!

wensleydale
21-02-2007, 10:01 PM
i think your website is your most valuable tool.

use it wisely.

Corabar Entertainment
22-02-2007, 11:25 AM
I'd also say that it depends WHAT & HOW you advertise, as well as where.... you could advertise in all the right places, but if your advert isn't right, appealing, eye-catching, informative, striking the right note with customers, etc you won't get any response from the ad. - eg Someone has already mentioned how your website can be the most cost-effective marketing: well, why don't you ask someone for some help in writing the script for it Callum? I know it's something that you have been working hard on, and I know that grammar and spelling aren't your strong points and so I would imagine that the prospect of writing an advert for yourself is a bit daunting. Please take this the way it is meant - helpful advice - but your website doesn't give very much information or really 'sell' you at the moment. As I've said, if you are having trouble writing it, get someone to help you. Have a look at other sites and see what they have on there (not suggesting you copy or anything like that, but it might give you some idea of what I mean). Once you've got the hang of it, you can take the same principles through to any other advertising you do (ie the posters and leaflets to put in party bags, etc)

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-02-2007, 11:26 AM
What about getting in touch with local schools Callum - they must like the idea of a cheap kids disco?

ross@rds
22-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Local papers work for me and also the local radio station and my internet radio station work well too.

MK Printing
22-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Callum

Firstly I would say read my marketing ebook for some great ideas, most of which are free to implement. When you have flyers, business cards and stuff printed make sure you use a company who know what they are doing.

We are here to help you and also other DJs who need to get more work.

Matt [email protected]

Corabar Entertainment
22-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Matt

Why don't you just post the ebook as an attachment to your post, rather than have people contact you? Then anyone who wants it can just open it up and have a look at it.

You know that the rules on the forum about advertising have changed, but your posts are all giving a plug to your own business, rather than offering general advice to members. If you want to advertise your services, please do so on DJ Bids.

MK Printing
22-02-2007, 03:23 PM
I have tried to do this before but the ebook is several hundred K in size and you can only upload 19.5k.

If this is changed then I will stick it online for people to download here.

Matt

Corabar Entertainment
22-02-2007, 03:29 PM
How about using a zip file?

MK Printing
22-02-2007, 03:44 PM
That should be it then.

Right enjoy everyone!

Matt

Paul James Promotions
22-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Didn't know that zipping a PDF would reduce it's size by that much! Nice one ;)

MK Printing
22-02-2007, 03:53 PM
I changed it to a .doc and compressed it.

Any feedback welcome!

Please please please remember that reading the ebook is not going to make you a penny! However reading the ebook and TAKING ACTION will make you a serious amount of cash.

See the ebook as a treadmill, you can look at it all you like, use it once and not much will happen. However if you use it regularly then you will start to get the results you desire.

Matt