PDA

View Full Version : Free marketing talk in Manchester

MK Printing
22-02-2007, 07:26 PM
At MK Printing we do a lot of direct response marketing for our own marketing and we also like helping and teaching other people. We are NOT a marketing company, we are a company that using direct response marketing and we are looking to share our knowledge with other people.

We will be holding a free talk in Manchester sometime soon and covering topics such as news paper adverts, creating ebooks, joint ventures, website advertising, flyer advertising, how to really use business cards, landing pages, Adwords, referral schemes and how to weed out bad customers.

During the talk we will be taking lots of questions and encouraging people to get involved. We are very experienced in working with new and start up businesses and we can genuinely help you in not making the same old mistakes all new businesses make. After the talk there will be a networking session where people will be able to meet and talk to like minded business owners and entrepreneurs. This is not a selling event.

We do not run a marketing company and we will not be trying to sign you up to some sort of scheme. You are under no obligation to buy any products from MK Printing at this event. This event is purely to help new and small businesses to develop their marketing by learning from people who are already doing it successfully.

To reserve your place please email us at [email protected] and provide the following info;Name:
Company/trade:
Email:Tel:
Address:
Number of seats required:
What are you specifically looking to learn from this talk:

Remember that spaces are limited so please get in contact with us sooner rather than later to avoid disappointment.

Matt, MK Printing
0870 080 1799

Corabar Entertainment
22-02-2007, 08:51 PM
...and why would anyone reserve a 'place' on something that hasn't even got a date yet?

Matt - I have had a look back through all your posts on this site, and there is not a single thread that you have contributed to without managing to work in some sort of a 'plug' to something that you are doing. Your free marketing ebook is peppered with plugs for your printing business, and no doubt your marketing seminar will be as well.

Judging from the comments we are receiving from others, most people are in agreement that they are fed up with the thinly disguised ways you try and get around the 'no advertising' rules and give yourself a plug in some way.

If you want to remain a contributor to this forum and offer help and advice to members when appropriate without trying to plug your company all the time, or if you want to advertise on DJ Bids then you are welcome, but I'm afraid that this cannot all be one-way traffic and we will not be used us as a free advertising medium.

MK Printing
22-02-2007, 10:10 PM
I understand what you are saying but I am keeping posts in the relevant categories. When I make offers for business cards etc then I put them in the correct place and when I am offering marketing help I put in here.

I work with several DJs, many of the people are from this forum. So while you may see my posts as an interference there are a lot of people who get a lot of use out of not only the posts but the ebooks. I have also put my ebook on this site so people don't even have to contact me to get it.

Matt

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Is that the Ebook that has lots of references to your company and lots of text saying 'contact us, we can help'?

Come on, let's stop beating around the bush.

This is all about marketing your services.

There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Why are you taking contact details for a marketing talk when you don't even have a date yet?

The only relevant section to advertise your wares in is DJ Bids, so please either advertise there or not at all.

MK Printing
06-03-2007, 11:48 AM
The event details are;

Venue: Friends Meeting House, Central Manchester
Date: Monday April 2nd
Time: 6:30pm – 9pm
Cost: Free (but must reserve seat)
Topics covered: Basic marketing strategies, incorporating systems, generating more work

There are now over 35 people booked for the event, from photographers to start up businesses. There will be time at the end to network with the other attendees so remember to bring lots of business cards.

To book your seat please email us at [email protected] with the following info;

Name:
Company/trade:
Email:
Tel:
Address:
What you are looking to learn at the talk:

Thanks and we will hopefully see you next month.

Matt, MK Printing
www.mkprinting.co.uk
0870 080 1799