PDA

View Full Version : Registering a .DJ domain...

PropellerHeadCase
06-03-2007, 09:44 PM
Has anyone done this, and therefore can anyone recommend a reasonably priced registrar through which to do it?

Cheerz:beer1:

Shaun
06-03-2007, 09:54 PM
A friend of mine (Forum member Marc J.) emailed me the following info regarding .dj domains just the other day. See below.

(.dj is the country code for Djibouti apparently).

Available from www.europa.dj - (http://www.europa.dj/en/dj_domain_index.aspx) for a special offer of €49 (about £33) for a year......

Hope it helps...you can thank Marc for the info :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-03-2007, 10:04 PM
A friend of mine (Forum member Marc J.) emailed me the following info regarding .dj domains just the other day. See below.

Hope it helps...you can thank Marc for the info :)

Yours is still free Shaun! www.elite.dj :D

Shaun
06-03-2007, 10:37 PM
I noticed...Marc mentioned that as well :). I'm still not sold on the idea. Part of me thinks it's so uncommon, that many of the public will think it's a miss-print if I used it on marketing. It's more gimmicky than anything else and the price is quite a bit higher than the .co.uk I currently use.

Marc J
07-03-2007, 07:00 AM
...Part of me thinks it's so uncommon, that many of the public will think it's a miss-print if I used it on marketing...
This is the main problem, and because you already have 'dj' in your current domain (and name) it's more likely to be considered a missprint.

I had the same thoughts when I was thinking of registering .it (italy) domain names as IT related, i.e. one domain for web design, one for hosting, another for IT support etc....but decided against it.

I did check for justdo.it or just.do.it to sell to Nike for ££££s, but someone beat me to it :(

Marc J
07-03-2007, 07:25 AM
To add to this, also music related, .fm names are also available (Fed. state of Micronesia apparently).

They're also a little more expensive, but I can think of a few local radio stations who haven't registered theirs....hmmmm :)

PropellerHeadCase
07-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the info.

One could have a lot of fun with the Cook Islands domains, by the way (administered by a NZ company)... [your name here].co.ck

Penfold42
07-03-2007, 11:41 PM
I'm a bit confused on how to get this going....the domain thing.
I thought of a name and looked it up.
Heres the following results -

Nominet-not reg
Whois-not reg
Domainukreg.com-reg
Easily-not reg
1&1.co.uk-not reg
Djforum (the one on the list)-not reg

Each with a different price.

Nominet say it's pucker but i'm not sure.

Can anyone help?

Marc J
08-03-2007, 06:33 AM
Heres the following results -
Domainukreg.com-reg

This one's a bit confusing, is it a typo? There's no www.domainukreg.com, although there is a www.ukreg.com who I'd recommend, as well as www.1and1.co.uk

If the domain you want is free, you simply go ahead and register it. A .co.uk shouldn't cost you more than about £4 per year, although the initial registration is for 2 years so about £8 max.

Nominet (http://www.nominet.org.uk/) are the "governing body" for .co.uk domains, and although it's possible to register a domain directly with them, it's not recommended as it's more time consuming and expensive.

Penfold42
08-03-2007, 09:06 AM
This one's a bit confusing, is it a typo? There's no www.domainukreg.com, although there is a www.ukreg.com who I'd recommend, as well as www.1and1.co.uk

If the domain you want is free, you simply go ahead and register it. A .co.uk shouldn't cost you more than about £4 per year, although the initial registration is for 2 years so about £8 max.

Nominet (http://www.nominet.org.uk/) are the "governing body" for .co.uk domains, and although it's possible to register a domain directly with them, it's not recommended as it's more time consuming and expensive.

Thanks....was half way there with www.ukreg.com. I will look into it.:)