PDA

View Full Version : Updating karaoke book in the right order

curlzuk
11-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Ok! so i know i,ll probably be bombarded with replys that make me look a little bit thick:bang: But..........:Embarassed:
Does anyone know an easy way to keep your book in order with all the new tracks? Only i have brought a number of new karaoke tunes and surely you havent got to keep adding in the right order every time you get new songs, surely there has to be an easy way it will take you for ever:doh:

DJ Frankie
11-03-2007, 09:03 PM
The best way to do this is have separate pages for each letter of the alphabet i.e. Sections for songs beginning with A, then B, C, D etc...

Then when ever you buy new song/s you just need to update the last page in that category.
I also have a page at the front for just chart hits.

soundscapes
11-03-2007, 09:06 PM
just buy airwer songbook creator a nd it does it all for you

BeerFunk
11-03-2007, 09:08 PM
Use Microsoft Access....

DK Karaoke
14-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Ok! so i know i,ll probably be bombarded with replys that make me look a little bit thick:bang: But..........:Embarassed:
Does anyone know an easy way to keep your book in order with all the new tracks? Only i have brought a number of new karaoke tunes and surely you havent got to keep adding in the right order every time you get new songs, surely there has to be an easy way it will take you for ever:doh:

I use Excel spreadsheet. I keep a new worksheet for new additions and a working worksheet, plus a master worksheet.

You just enter the new additions in the 'new additions' worksheet, then copy all the entries to the bottom of your 'working worksheet' and your 'master worksheet'.

You then do a sort of the date, in whatever order you want, by title or by artist. Not forgetting to save the file each time of course.

You can print out only the new additions page and put in the back of your book, and do a reprint when the new additions become large, depends on your taste.

The 'working worksheet' should only hold unique tracks (no duplicates), whereas the 'master worksheet' would hold a record of all your tracks/discs etc.

Excell is a lot easier to use than microsoft access database. Excel is also very quick at sorting and can hold an enormous amount of records (rows).

Hope the above is helpful.

Cheers

Martyn

Dazzy D
14-03-2007, 11:39 PM
I use airwer songbook creator as it's an amazing piece of software with the best karaoke database I have ever come across. You can add tracks as you get them but I don't think it's a good idea to print out new songbooks everytime you get new tracks. I get new tracks every couple of weeks and my current songbook is 90 pages long so I wouldn't keep printing out new books. Instead, I keep a section at the front for "Latest Additions" which is currently 4 pages long so I only have to update 4 pages of the book. Every 3 months, I will include the Latest Additions in the main listings and print a new set of books (I actually only print one book off and go to a local printers where I can get the book copied for about 4 quid for each new book). I find this works for me.

I will point out that I had a few problems when I originally tried to buy the software from Airwer. They had my postal order for payment but I hadn't received the full version software. I tried to phone them, without success, for about a fortnight but when I finally got through I was told they had the payment and promptly sent me the unlock key by email. I've had no problems since and I'm very happy with the software and it's updates.

Sarahjovi
05-06-2007, 10:20 PM
There is an online karaoke book maker at www.karaokebooks.com

May be useful to those that don't want to type out there own! I use excel by the way and just resort the file after add the new disc!

Sarah:D

colinm345
06-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Hi Sarah
We use www.karaokebooks.com

pagan_flame
07-06-2007, 03:44 PM
I did a book for some friends of mine using boring old Microsoft Word;

I created a table, and whenever it needed new tracks adding you just typed them in to the cells at the bottom of the list, then perform a 'Sort in Alphabetical Order' command.

Eventually wound up with 2 versions, one by artist and one by song - very easy to do and update, does mean you have to print the whole book out each time you update though, so there is merit in using this system alongside DJ Frankie's idea of page(s) for each letter.

Jays karaoke
08-06-2007, 06:40 AM
Definately karaoke song list creator it's the best 60 quid you'll ever spend it's so easy. All you do is click on all the discs you have got, press create and the list is created for you. It will even put it in to song or artist order for you, well worth investing in.

colinm345
08-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Why not try www.karaokebooks.com £40 per year and you can add your own custom burn discs to it should you want and it is always up to date with the EZH series:)

DK Karaoke
11-06-2007, 01:38 PM
I use airwer songbook creator as it's an amazing piece of software with the best karaoke database

I use Excel myself, didn't cost me any money, have never tried anything else.

my current songbook is 90 pages long so I wouldn't keep printing out new books. Instead, I keep a section at the front for "Latest Additions" which is currently 4 pages long so I only have to update 4 pages of the book.

My book is now 195 pages long, with no repeats, and I have the biggest number of lines possible, where you can easily see the tracks. So, am in trouble now, as I already use the large folders with 100 leaves, and dont want to use those very big folders with 150 leaves.

Was thinking of dropping some of the older stuff, but you can bet if I do, someone will ask for one of the tracks