PDA

View Full Version : Wedding fairs - but with a twist?

Ricesnaps
13-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Not another "is it worth doing wedding fairs" thread.

What I am interested in is whether anyone has ever put on there own wedding fair?

The small town I live in certainly has a number of businesses which could supply the wedding market and the surrounding area has other people who would fit too.

We have a town hall which is available to hire at £10 per hour.

So I emailed a couple of local businesses and got some really good replies - basically "what a great idea, we'd be really interested".

So I'd love to know what you do next, does anyone know how you go about putting a show on, where you advertise, how you get people to come to it, what you have to provide and so on.

Not really doing this to make money, more to give me an oportunity to promote my disco and the wife's fountain.

Dragonfly
13-03-2007, 12:00 PM
rice

i believe a guy in lincs simon does this and is/was a dj himself and his wife did weddingy things also his disco is/was the big cheese in grantham why not give him a ring he's a nice guy who im sure would give you some advice ive spoken to him on a number of occasions.

his listing is under mine in east midlands on here if you want his num.

Vectis
13-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Now that is thinking out of the box!

Just make sure you're the only disco there...:p

Round our way these things are advertised

a) in the local rag, usually in a features section (talk to them)
b) with a leaflet drop to all the hotels in the town especially those with marriage licences (we have lots here)
c) leaflets on lamp-posts

And there's usually some sort of competition or offer to draw people along. Half price fountain with every disco booked on the day? (at "preferential" rates of course!! ;) )

Ricesnaps
13-03-2007, 05:56 PM
There also seems to be radio advertising around here and sometime local radio at the fair. Does this cost usually or do the radio's do you a deal?

What about wedding mags and other local adverts?

Any thoughts?