PDA

View Full Version : Go on... Have a dig!!

Steve 'B'
15-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Right, I have seen many people post web addresses up and all you lot give the low down on what hot and whats not on there site. I am going to ask you (if you dont mind) to let me know what is wrong with mine.

I really want you to be harsh and any little things that you think could be improved, please say.

I have my hard hat and boxing gloves on and am ready for ya'al!!

Web site: www.partytimeonline.co.uk

Many thanks in advance to you all. Great bunch.:beer1:

Paul James Promotions
15-03-2007, 01:15 PM
11 / 10

Candybeatdiscos
15-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Ok my critique....

Too many flashy bits - my attention kept on being drawn away from the actual info
Copyright question re the 'celebs' if we are being strictly legal
Why the intro page? no need for it

apart from that very good use of colours, very clean looking.

this is my honest opionion

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Oh, by the way, nice article in Pro Mobile mag Stevie.

Thanks for the mention too.

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-03-2007, 01:52 PM
I don't like the into flash page and I hate music on websites....

The rest of it is very good IMO.

DJ Frankie
15-03-2007, 02:29 PM
I agree lose the music at the start this could put potential clients off especially if they are surfing for discos at work on the net!!!

Not too sure about the pricing packages, is there a big difference in equipment? and will clients really pay more for an extra flamming effect???

Overall again like Elites a very nice site sir.

Shaun
15-03-2007, 02:46 PM
I agree with the others about the flash intro. Apart from that I found it to be a very nformative website, it also looks great. Nice, funky and fresh looking. Nice job :approve:

Feel free to critique my site too ;) CLICKY HERE (http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=6096)

Marc J
15-03-2007, 03:18 PM
I'm generally not a fan of flash intros, but yours is amongst the better ones I've seen for mobile DJs. It's spoiled by the text at the bottom though. I know it's for SEO reasons, but in my opinion it'd be better to remove it.

You've made no provision for people without flash (many workplaces), they won't get past your intro. Although Google now does, many search engines don't index flash content so to them your intro page is a dead end. Add an HTML link to your 'actual' site for these. Ideally, use SWFObect to display alternate content.

On the subject of SWFObject (previously FlashObject), you've used it correctly for the main header and the left hand navigation, i.e. showing alternative content for non-Flash users, but there are still flash elements elsewhere which suffer from the "click to activate and use this control" message and no alternative content displayed. You're already loading the swfobject javascript, you might as well use it everywhere you can!

The header to content transition is slightly off, there's a definite horizontal line showing.

Text size seems to change to much larger on some pages (for example DJs).

I'm no DJ so won't comment on the content :D

P.S. Shaun - those flash dancers in the intro look familiar :eek:

Shaun
15-03-2007, 03:43 PM
P.S. Shaun - those flash dancers in the intro look familiar :eek:

It's a small world :)

Steve 'B'
15-03-2007, 06:05 PM
11 / 10

I assume your finger was meant to hit the '1' key twice making that a very good scoore? Many thanks Jamie.

So the people say 'no' to the flash inro eh. Honestly, I was thinking of getting rid. Could you all just let us know if you think yes it should stay or no, bin it!!

Shaun
15-03-2007, 06:09 PM
It's a nice flash intro, but for the reasons already mentioned I think you would be better without it.

wensleydale
15-03-2007, 06:30 PM
all good apart from the flash.

Marc J
15-03-2007, 06:32 PM
So the people say 'no' to the flash inro eh. Honestly, I was thinking of getting rid. Could you all just let us know if you think yes it should stay or no, bin it!!

Although it's an above standard flash intro, it doesn't server any real purpose. If it was me, I'd get rid.

Harrison's Discos
15-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Personally I think intros are a bit annoying especially when you just want to get onto the site.
If you are at a work place or something and need to be quiet and music comes blasting out.. your a little screwed there arnt you :D .

I mean intros are quite good, but maybe you could keep the intro and just lose the music. Its entirely up to you :)

Penfold42
15-03-2007, 10:24 PM
the wife is hot on grammar and she says, on the home page.... "via our contact page with your query and we will be only to happy help" should read "and we will be only too happy to help"

DMX Will
15-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Oh, by the way, nice article in Pro Mobile mag Stevie.

Thanks for the mention too.

Yes, I saw that too, very nice.

Like the site too, but agree about scrapping the intro page :)

Corabar Steve
16-03-2007, 07:30 AM
Money back guarantee?

The DJ didn't have a song I asked for, I'm not completely satisfied. I want my money back.

Candybeatdiscos
16-03-2007, 10:18 AM
Money back guarantee?

The DJ didn't have a song I asked for, I'm not completely satisfied. I want my money back.

I missed that, I used to go down that route but changed it to a money back guarentee on standards, ie that i would be there on time, i would act professional, be suitabally dressed etc etc thats things that your in control of.

Steve 'B'
16-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Money back guarantee?

Never ever had an issue on this one. I am sure that the service I offer is fair for the price I charge so people are happy 99% of the time. You can never please everyone.:bang:

Corabar Steve
19-03-2007, 09:00 AM
My point being that you've set no criteria against it, just money back guarantee if not completely satisfied.

The DJ wore a pink shirt, I hate pink, I want my money back as I'm not satisfied with how the DJ was attired.

With no criteria on what exactly the guarantee entails any punter could pick the smallest hole in any aspect of your service / performance & demand their money back as the are not completely satisfied.

Steve 'B'
31-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Right.

Changes made to the site and hopefully this is alot better than the previous site. Any comments on the new and improved site would again be very appreciated.

www.partytimeonline.co.uk

DJ Frankie
31-07-2007, 12:22 PM
Looks very good Stevie, love the colours and the fact it looks clean and easy to navigate.
Just the one thing, the "recommended venues" page do these guys pay you too advertise on your site? If not do they recommend YOUR services to clients? Otherwise this is free advertising for them especially if your ranked high up in the search engines.

Shaun
31-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Right.

Changes made to the site and hopefully this is alot better than the previous site. Any comments on the new and improved site would again be very appreciated.

Very very nice indeed. It's a very fun and vibrant colour scheme. If I was looking for a DJ and came across your site, it would reel me in enough to want to contact you. Nice job.

BeerFunk
31-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Wow.

Quite simply, the best mobile disco website I've ever seen - well done! :eek: :D :thumbs_up:

(Did notice a typo here and there - 'packging' on photo galleries page for example. Minor glitches though! :))

Steve 'B'
31-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Wow.

Quite simply, the best mobile disco website I've ever seen - well done! :eek: :D :thumbs_up:

(Did notice a typo here and there - 'packging' on photo galleries page for example. Minor glitches though! :))

WOW. Are you serious?? If so thank you for that comment.

Vectis
31-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Liking it. A bit too much use of flash for my liking, but the colour scheme and content is very pleasing.

Marc J
31-07-2007, 04:01 PM
I like it, although can't really spot any glaring differences from what I remember before the "tweak" (apart from the disappearance of the flash intro).

There are still some alignment problems between the header and content on some pages, more noticeable if you don't have flash.

Established is spelled wrong in the footer (Esstablished).

rob1963
31-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Hiya Steve,

Excellent...

...and losing the flash intro page was the best thing you could have done.

I just hate those "holding" pages...I can't see their purpose, apart from to annoy people & make it take longer to get to the home page!

Steve 'B'
31-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Hiya Steve,

Excellent...

...and losing the flash intro page was the best thing you could have done.

I just hate those "holding" pages...I can't see their purpose, apart from to annoy people & make it take longer to get to the home page!

Nice one Rob