PDA

View Full Version : Howdy Thar

TheRooster
20-03-2007, 01:13 AM
Howdy

Long Time Lurker :D

I'm a 20 year old bloke from the south of Hampshire, and I've been doing Karaoke's and Disco's, among other things, since I was about 13. The guy who used to do the disco's at the pub we lived in at the time showed me the basics, and when we moved away, he gave me his old equipment, just as he was preparing to buy some new stuff. I can't remember what that was, but it was a great big huge thing... 3 four channel light boxes 3ftsq, which I still use... best box lights I've ever seen imo... many I've seen just don't look all that great... and it had a great bix modified... thing... I don't even know what it was... combined mixer and turntables... with addition's made to allow CD Players to be hooked up... when the CD players were added the Player/Mixer must have been about 6 ft wide...

Anyways... so I've slowly been adding stuff to my setup... and I've gone from that "thing" to something a little more portable, and added a few more lights... plus I'll be building some more light boxes soon... but I've come up against a wall. That wall being... I know very little about electronics... and I know little about the setup I'm using... I know how to put it together... take it apart... and push buttons... but really beyond that... I'm at a loss... so I'm hoping to learn a few things here by talking to you folks, and listen to what y'all have to say

See you around

Corabar Steve
20-03-2007, 07:35 AM
:welcome2: :welcome1: :approve: :beer3:

Hi Richard, feel free to start threads with any questions you have.

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-03-2007, 08:29 AM
Welcome to the site Rooster - enjoy!

Shaun
20-03-2007, 09:24 AM
Welcome :)

Penfold42
20-03-2007, 11:31 AM
Howdy :D back

Corabar Entertainment
20-03-2007, 12:59 PM
:welcome2: Rooster! Glad you decided to join in :D :D