PDA

View Full Version : Contracts...

Penfold42
20-03-2007, 09:07 PM
I hope this is the right forum.

Sorry if it gets moved.

I have most things in place now, but I'm trying to get my head round this -
Basic contact.
This binding the customer / client with me-what they can do or can't, who's responsible for what.

I've looked at this and it makes my head spin. Can anyone direct me to something that looks like, or can be tweeked to what i am looking for. I have written out what i think is right but without getting a pucker DJ to pass the information i'm stuck (i dont want to fall into time waster's-is not my style)I'm nearly there and wish to book my first gig. (this is a launch night) I know this may seem silly but need this in place as i don't want to fall into this pitfall.

Please help.

Thanks.

PropellerHeadCase
20-03-2007, 11:28 PM
In all honesty your best bet may well be a lawyer, or at least a law student... these sort of things are often done off precedents (templates), and in all likelihood a basic one that covers your needs will be easy to create off such a template.

Penfold42
20-03-2007, 11:42 PM
In all honesty your best bet may well be a lawyer, or at least a law student... these sort of things are often done off precedents (templates), and in all likelihood a basic one that covers your needs will be easy to create off such a template.

Thanks.
I have already thought of that but being a tight person as i am i thought there might be an easy way of doing it..Iam already on a tight budget. You know how it is.....payed for one set up need money coming for that one.

PropellerHeadCase
21-03-2007, 12:37 AM
Understood :D

Penfold42
21-03-2007, 01:06 AM
Hey thanks Alan,

No knock back.
Lot of guy's and girl's out there...just trying to tap into there knowledge.:thanks:

DMX Will
21-03-2007, 10:19 AM
I think your best bet may be to have a look at other people's contracts (on this forum etc). I'm sure quite a few people would be happy to send you a copy of theirs (I seem to remember Angela/Steve being willing!!). You can then have a look at these and edit them to meet your requirements.

I would gladly offer mine to you aswell, however they are well over-due condensing/sorting out/possibly starting again!

Good Luck!

Corabar Entertainment
21-03-2007, 10:23 AM
:doh: Just realised I forgot to post on this thread that I've sent you a PM Penmare! :D

Penfold42
21-03-2007, 11:51 AM
:doh: Just realised I forgot to post on this thread that I've sent you a PM Penmare! :D

Thank you Angela....(again):)

That has given me somthing to do, I might make some money.....one day!!:)

Again thanks.:beer1:

theoloyla
21-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Pre-printed self carbonated contract forms as legally written and tested and approved by the Office Of Fair Trading and in continuous use for over a quarter century are available from SEDA for a very modest charge.

Dragonfly
21-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Thank you Angela....(again):)

That has given me somthing to do, I might make some money.....one day!!:)

Again thanks.:beer1:

:D :D :D best of luck my friend ive been doing this a while now and im still waiting to make some lolol.

Ricesnaps
21-03-2007, 12:45 PM
Feel free to download mine to have a look at:

http://www.revelationroadshow.co.uk/Ready_to_Book/Our%20Policy.doc

Penfold42
21-03-2007, 12:49 PM

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Penfold42
21-03-2007, 12:50 PM
:D :D :D best of luck my friend ive been doing this a while now and im still waiting to make some lolol.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Penfold42
06-05-2007, 08:42 PM

Once again thanks.
I have used some of your tems and mixed then around and taken a few out.

The point of this is i'm about to place it on my web page so was just being polite in telling you.
Hope you don't mind.