PDA

View Full Version : OK - My turn again

Candybeatdiscos
28-03-2007, 10:38 AM
I have revamped my website as it was previously all done in flash, which to many is a pet hate, and also due to the fact that some people who may browse my site from work may not be able to view my site at all.

Can you all have a wee look and give any feedback to me please?

Shaun
28-03-2007, 10:42 AM
MUCH BETTER!!. Nice clean and fresh looking.

Not too keen on the image on the upper right of your header, it just looks out of place. Less is more sometimes.

Good work though :approve:

Marc J
28-03-2007, 10:48 AM
It's all flash? Or am I looking at a different site?

Candybeatdiscos
28-03-2007, 10:58 AM
None of it is flash at all....The last site was, but not the new one

Candybeatdiscos
28-03-2007, 10:59 AM
the new one is only just up, as in 20 mins ago, so your isp's servers may not have updated yet,

Marc J
28-03-2007, 11:00 AM
the new one is only just up, as in 20 mins ago, so your isp's servers may not have updated yet,

That's what I thought, but my ISP is the same as Shaun's....and I've cleared my cache....

Will try again later!

DMX Will
28-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Loooks good, agree about the header. The image will look better if the black top and bottom borders go over it aswell, if you want to really push the boat out, make the image fade in (using a gradient) so the image isn't so sqaure.

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Nice.

I like it a lot.

Well set out, easy to navigate.

Experience is spelled wrong on the first page by the way - and thanks for the link to DJ Bids. Nice one!

PropellerHeadCase
28-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Below is the text from your front page. I have bolded everything that I have corrected, spelling and basic grammar (my grammar's not amazing).

No charge :D

Other than that I agree with what's been said above. Nice crisp clean page, just lose that image in the top right.

Welcome
Congratulations, You have just taken the first step in securing reliable, professional and affordable entertainments for your forthcoming function.

Our Commitment
Lewnics Entertainments are a customer focussed company whose main aim is to ensure that your event goes exactly as you plan. We offer a professional service and will offer our full support from the date you book us till the day of your event, we will then contact you again afterwards to ensure you were happy with the service.

Our Experience
Lewnics Entertainments was formed in spring 2006, by Garry Evans, who started to DJ in 1994, and has experience in all types of functions. We also have an extensive music database, from Abba to ZZ Top & Hank to Frank as well as an extensive musical knowledge, so you can feel assured that we will play music to ensure that your guests enjoy themselves, no matter their age.

Venue Friendly
We are a responsible company who carry full Public Liability Insurance & Portable Appliance Testing certificates which are available upon request, so you can be sure in the knowledge that we are welcomed by all types of venue.

Marc J
28-03-2007, 01:34 PM
Weddings: -

Your wedding is your special day and we at Lewnics Entertainments know that the one thing which your guests will remember the most is the entertainment. I mean your wedding cake I am sure will look and taste beautiful, but unfortunately it will not make people dance or enjoy themselves.

...This gives you a chance to meet your DJ beforehand and allows us to obtain further information...

Usually we will also undertake a venue visit if it is a venue that we do not already know, to introduce ourselves with the venue management. This allows them to check our safety certificates and provide us with knowledge of setting up times and areas in order to ensure absolute minimum [remove of] disruption to both your party and other customers of the venue.

...This allows you to make any last minute changes to your event plans and also allows you to view our extensive music database and choose your own playlist. We will endeavour to play as many of your requests as possible.

As you can see we will work with you all along the way but it doesn't stop there, because we will contact you after your wedding to ensure that you were happy with the entertainment and the service provided. Your feedback is very important to us in our aim to provide top class customer satisfaction.

Marc J
28-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Birthdays: -

Lewnics Entertainments provide a top class service for birthday parties no matter your age, whether it's your 18th, 21st, 30th, 40th, or even your 90th Lewnics Entertainments have the music and charisma to ensure your night is unforgettable.

We will also work alongside any other cabaret acts you may have booked for your evening. We only ask that you provide us with a telephone number and name so that we can organise this prior to the event.

We provide entertainment at any venue. We have a comprehensive music selection covering the last five decades as well as the very latest chart tracks. [try not to start a sentence with So] We can be trusted to have the correct music for your event. We actively encourage requests from the audience and invite you to send us a selection of your favourite tracks at the time of booking, via our client area.

Our service is tailored to suit YOUR needs and the requirements of YOUR guests. Unlike many of our competitors we won't blast you out with excessively loud music or play the type of music that only we want to hear. [remove So] Whether you are booking a birthday party at a village hall, or in a marquee with 300 guests, [remove then] we CAN provide the entertainment. We will also contact you afterwards to ensure that you were happy and satisfied with our service as we value your feedback to ensure we continue to provide 100% customer satisfaction.

Got bored after that....

There are no mistakes (that I can see) on the Client Area or Gallery pages. There are on every other page though, including the lengthy quote from MDD :eek:.

Your navigation spells "Equipment" wrong.

Try running your copy text through a spelling and grammar checker!

Overall I like the site design :approve:. Like others, I'm not keen on the header image. You should also make your Wedding Brochure PDF open in a new page, as PDFs have a habit of crashing browsers :(

rob1963
28-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Hi Lewnics,

Overall, I think it's a very nice looking site.

Apart from the grammar & spelling problems already mentioned, there were only a few things I personally wasn't too sure of:

1) The word "Lewnics" and the logo on the left of your header are clear & bold, but the text "Fife's number one entertainment company" and the image with the people dancing on the right are both very wishy-washy in comparison, and need to be bolder.

2) Who says you are Fife's number one entertainment company? and how can you prove it if someone asks?

3) I personally don't like links which take you to a webpage that's "under construction" - like your other services page. If I was you, I'd remove those pages & the links to them completely until they were finished.

Hope this helps! :)

Marc J
28-03-2007, 02:58 PM
2) Who says you are Fife's number one entertainment company? and how can you prove it if someone asks?

I'm surprised Shaun didn't pick up on that :D

Shaun
28-03-2007, 03:01 PM
I did. Didn't you hear my large SIGH :D

Candybeatdiscos
28-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Lol thanks very much guys for the feedback, my spelling aint that great lol, I have just started using dreamweaver and am self teaching myself, I was trying to find a spell checker in there but struggled, if anyone knows of one within dreamweaver then please can you point me in the right direction?

Regarding the tag-line, i agree, but unfortuantly i couldn't think of a decent tagline with would maybe rhyme with lewnics entertainments...suggestions would be appreciated.

Marc J
28-03-2007, 05:15 PM
I was trying to find a spell checker in there but struggled, if anyone knows of one within dreamweaver then please can you point me in the right direction?

Shift+f7

or

Text dropdown ----> Check Spelling

Candybeatdiscos
28-03-2007, 05:44 PM
fantastic cheers Marc

Candybeatdiscos
28-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Ok banner has been changed, and spell check used on Dreamweaver.

PropellerHeadCase
29-03-2007, 03:11 AM
Resist the urge to put your logo multiple times. The background version behind the text messes up the text, and the one on the right is cut off so it doesn't look good. I guarantee the banner will look better with out the two extra logos and with the tag-line text moved over slightly to compensate.

Marc J
29-03-2007, 07:30 AM
I agree about the header. If you wanted your logo to appear again, stick a "watermarked" version under the navigation maybe? It's 'normal' to make your logo a link back to home on every page (except home).

There are still many grammatical errors, mostly grocers' apostrophes. As a very general rule: -

Plural = no apostrophe, e.g. Charity Fundraiser's, Stars in Their Eye's, marquee's (all on the "Charity Fundraiser's" page) shouldn't have their apostrophes..

Possessive = apostrophe e.g. Garry's website

Omission = you're instead of you are, isn't instead of is not etc...