PDA

View Full Version : My New Website.

DJ Frankie
15-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Hi Folks

Well after hours in front of my PC I have finally gave my new website a brand new look and have also rebranded the colours.
I still need to add some other bits to it just to jazz it up even more, but was wondering would you be so kind to have a little peek at it and let me know what you think included any gliches?
I would also apreciate if someone can test out my enquiry page as I have added a confirmation page too.

http://www.subsonicdiscos.co.uk

Many Thanks

Frankie

Jiggles
15-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Your booking form works! Get a nice confirmation page!

axeman
15-04-2007, 11:59 AM
great site - profesional and well laid out

Danno13
15-04-2007, 12:38 PM
I like it overall, but a couple of things you could improve on...

1) Check it in different browsers, there's some odd white lines when viewed in firefox.

2) Add a margin to the paragraphs in the middle section, as the text looks a bit to squashed against the border

3) Add meaniful and search engine targetted titles and meta tags for description and keywords to each page.

Hope that helps :)

DJ Frankie
15-04-2007, 01:20 PM
Thanks guys for the feedback. Danno some good points there I will loook into them. How do I test firefox browser without down loading it?

Callum thanks for the enquiry test, my fee to you would be £900... ;)

Anymore would be great.

Danno13
15-04-2007, 01:30 PM
A quick google has brought this up.. no idea if its any good though..

http://www.netmechanic.com/cobrands/click2commerce/compat_check.htm

Marc J
15-04-2007, 02:47 PM
Looks good, I agree about the points raised already especially the margins and cross-browser checks. Just download Firefox for checking, it's free!

The two boxes on the right have been used on the homepage then are blank on others. I'd either fill them with info or get rid of them when not in use. The same goes for the black footer section, you could put your "Subsonic Discos and Southwest Chair Covers are based in Southwest of England and cover events across the region, including: Bristol, Bath, Taunton, Devon, Paignton, Dawlish, Torquay, Exeter" as well as copyright etc. in there to fill it up...

I'm not too sure about the FAQ breaking out of the design...

EDIT: Just noticed the bottom right box breaks out on the Gallery page in IE7 as well (although not in FF).

rob1963
15-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Looks good to me.

The only thing I picked up on was the way the contact form is laid out.

I think it looks a bit strange with the boxes on the left & the info written on the right...usually it's the other way round.

Just noticed something else...in the boxes that start "Are you planning a wedding..." the spelling of the word professional is incorrect.

:)

Marc J
15-04-2007, 04:07 PM
Each of the navigation buttons down the left still works when you're on that page, i.e. links back to itself. On the home page, the link is actually wrong as well, although you shouldn't really have pages linking to themselves anyway.