PDA

View Full Version : Pc Dj Red Problem

CRAZY K
24-04-2007, 10:43 AM
I just bought at the suggestion of my DJ shop this program for my laptop which I know several people on here use.

Im very unhappy as it wont load on to either my brand new laptop or my PC:eek:

Have emailed the support centre--im not phoning them at a £1 a minute:bang:

Any comments?

CRAZY K

E MAIL
Hi just bought your software CD and have a problem.

I cant install it on my Laptop which is a brand new standard Acer running XP Media.

Its never been on the Internet and I dont want to use it on the net as its dedicated to music.

Error Message---To run you must first install one of the following versions of the .net framework V2.O.50727 Contact your publisher application for information about obtaining the appropriate version of the .net framework.

I also tried to instal on my PC which is a standard Computer with Windows Home version and recently overhauled and working perfectly, again error message

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)

This is very bad news---surely it cant be that difficult to instal on a "standard" computers?

Please advise urgently as I need this working within 7 days.

thanks

ALAN SWAYSLAND
01832 734788

pulsemobiledisco
24-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Hi Alan

First things first, do you have the Microsoft .net framework installed on your laptop? If not, then this may be your problem. I would suggest you update windows by going to www.microsoftupdate.com and download and install everything it shows can be updated. If you do not have the .net framework installed allready, then microsoft update will download and install this for you.

It is very important to keep your laptop up to date using microsoft update. I think this may resolve your problem.

Sam

BeerFunk
24-04-2007, 03:47 PM
The system requirements on their website (http://www.pcdj.com/support/sysreq.asp) mention nothing of MS .netframework, and I'm pretty sure the PC I installed it on doesn't have it either :confused:

Mission
24-04-2007, 03:59 PM
You mention software "CD", could there be a problem with the CD itself ?
Was it a Retail Box containing CD etc or was a download from there site.

pulsemobiledisco
24-04-2007, 08:03 PM
The system requirements on their website (http://www.pcdj.com/support/sysreq.asp) mention nothing of MS .netframework, and I'm pretty sure the PC I installed it on doesn't have it either :confused:

Some new software installers require the use of the .net framework to install the application. As the error message says "you must first install one of the following versions of the .net framework", I would of thought that was the first and most sensible place to start. Installing it won't do any harm to the PC anyway.

CRAZY K
24-04-2007, 08:03 PM

Im pleased to say there has been some positive news putting it on the PC.

The help line emailed to say I needed MS .net framework.

I phoned them on a landline contact( not paying a £1 a minute thanks for something that shouldnt need a phone call) and was told to install framework version 2--did that--no use--rang again they said you also need version 1.1 :confused: :confused: Did that as well.

Well after downloading that got a message from someone else on the tech team that said ignore the warning--leave the CD in the tray and open-- go to instal program, did that and it works :D

Still dont know about the LAPTOP because I dont want that connected to the net---so they are sending a disc so I can phone their help line and get a code to run on the Laptop.

I think it all could have been better dealt with by enclosing a brief note inside the CD pack on these points.

I still dont know until I try the Laptop if framework makes any difference.

Apparently framework is a free upgrade from Microsoft but isnt one of those you get on the AUTOMATIC updates.

I wish PCDJ would mention this in the CD pack--it would save a load of time wasting.

Been using the program tonight which seems pretty good--

CRAZY K

axeman
24-04-2007, 08:11 PM
i wish you all the best getting it ready for the weekend, it took me months to get all my songs on in some sort of order ...lol

pulsemobiledisco
24-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Still dont know about the LAPTOP because I dont want that connected to the net---so they are sending a disc so I can phone their help line and get a code to run on the Laptop.

If you have a CD writer in your PC you can download the .net framwork
1.1 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en

and 2 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

Burn onto CD then install onto laptop. Job done.

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Im pleased to say there has been some positive news putting it on the PC.

The help line emailed to say I needed MS .net framework.

I phoned them on a landline contact( not paying a £1 a minute thanks for something that shouldnt need a phone call) and was told to install framework version 2--did that--no use--rang again they said you also need version 1.1 :confused: :confused: Did that as well.

Well after downloading that got a message from someone else on the tech team that said ignore the warning--leave the CD in the tray and open-- go to instal program, did that and it works :D

I think it all could have been better dealt with by enclosing a brief note inside the CD pack on these points.

I still dont know until I try the Laptop if framework makes any difference.

Apparently framework is a free upgrade from Microsoft but isnt one of those you get on the AUTOMATIC updates.

I wish PCDJ would mention this in the CD pack--it would save a load of time wasting.

Been using the program tonight which seems pretty good--

CRAZY K

Which PCDJ did you buy Alan?

Original Red 5.2 or Red VRM?

flatliners
25-04-2007, 04:11 PM
my suggestion is buy a copy of vertual dj much better
you see your dj shop deals with pc dj so they would recomend it
my best advice for anyone wanting to get a pc based programme is to download a trail version of it and see how you feel about it or get yourself off to plasa in september at earls court in london i think its the 9th this year and there you can check out diffrent bits of hardwere and other dj related products

CRAZY K
25-04-2007, 04:47 PM
:D
Which PCDJ did you buy Alan?

Original Red 5.2 or Red VRM?

Hi Darren, its VRM. The help desk have been helpful:D

I have it working fine now on my PC--no problems and the search facility is pretty good although not as fast as Cortex!

I now have a separate problem as I want to use it on my Laptop and have a message saying I need Windows Media 9 ---the system is running on XP media.

PCDJ sent me a disc to instal using a code over the phone as I didnt want to go on the Internet---tried anyway without Media 9 but after what I thought was successful installation---the program has disappeared off the laptop:eek:

Will have to either connect to Internet and download Media 9 ( which I dont like) or try and download the file to my PC and put it on the laptop.

I have successfully downloaded Framework versions 1.1. and 2 and put them on my PC and thats allowing the program to operate perfectly.

I now see that I can run the PC DJ red VRM Program perfectly if I leave the installation disc in the Laptop which suggests I may not need anything extra--just another attempt at installing it--phone call to the help desk again!

Im only wanting to use the Laptop as a back up to the Cortex.

UPDATE. Its all calmed down and everything is working fine now, looking forward to being a digital DJ at the Wedding im doing next week, im taking 2 hard drives a laptop and the Cortex so hopefully that lot should cover all eventualities

CRAZY K

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Sorry I missed you this morning Alan.

To be honest, connecting to the internet to update your laptop or to download songs won't cause you any problems.

It's only when you start using dodgy sites (which I'm sure you don't!) that you'll get any problems.

I've always updated my laptops using my network and have never had any problems in 4 years.

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-04-2007, 05:05 PM
I have it working fine now on my PC--no problems and the search facility is pretty good although not as fast as Cortex!

Search should be instant on PCDJ Alan - unless you have other applications running at the same time or a million Mp3s!

CRAZY K
25-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Search should be instant on PCDJ Alan - unless you have other applications running at the same time or a million Mp3s!

Your right Darren, just got the program going SOMEHOW ( see last post ) and the search on my laptop is instant---my normal PC must be really clogged up and have inferior spec as its much slower on finding tracks :eek:

I might have a bash going on the net--but if I dont have to and everything works fine at high speed I wont bother.

DODGY SITES--WHAT CAN YOU MEAN;)

Like my Cortex which is running perfectly I believe in leaving things alone if they are going fine.

I think Dave ( Dragonfly ) said problems started on his Cortex after he downloaded an update--I havent bothered with that:D

cheers

CRAZY K

CRAZY K
26-04-2007, 09:09 AM
Your right Darren, just got the program going SOMEHOW ( see last post ) and the search on my laptop is instant---my normal PC must be really clogged up and have inferior spec as its much slower on finding tracks :eek:

I might have a bash going on the net--but if I dont have to and everything works fine at high speed I wont bother.

DODGY SITES--WHAT CAN YOU MEAN;)

Like my Cortex which is running perfectly I believe in leaving things alone if they are going fine.

I think Dave ( Dragonfly ) said problems started on his Cortex after he downloaded an update--I havent bothered with that:D

cheers

CRAZY K

OK so my RED PCDJ is going great--but how do I put CD albums on the hard drive so I can play say lets say the greatest Hits of Frank Sinatra for 30 minutes as background music--with the CD or Mini Disc you just stick it on and it plays--how does this work with digital?

Do you have to find and select all the tracks one by one?

To rip the album means that the tracks are all separated.

I have a particular problem with a Tight Fit Hits of the 60s CD which just plays track after track without a break even though when its ripped each track is separated.

Any help please--I know I can get round it by putting on Mini Disc first--but thats a pain.

thanks

CRAZY K

sleah
26-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Sorry I missed you this morning Alan.

To be honest, connecting to the internet to update your laptop or to download songs won't cause you any problems.

It's only when you start using dodgy sites (which I'm sure you don't!) that you'll get any problems.

I've always updated my laptops using my network and have never had any problems in 4 years.

Ditto!

OK so my RED PCDJ is going great--but how do I put CD albums on the hard drive so I can play say lets say the greatest Hits of Frank Sinatra for 30 minutes as background music--with the CD or Mini Disc you just stick it on and it plays--how does this work with digital?

Do you have to find and select all the tracks one by one?

To rip the album means that the tracks are all separated.

I have a particular problem with a Tight Fit Hits of the 60s CD which just plays track after track without a break even though when its ripped each track is separated.

Any help please--I know I can get round it by putting on Mini Disc first--but thats a pain.

thanks

CRAZY K

just rip it into it's own folder, import into the recordcase, then click autoplay and away you go!

CRAZY K
26-04-2007, 02:09 PM
:eek:
Ditto!

just rip it into it's own folder, import into the recordcase, then click autoplay and away you go!

Wheres Autoplay out of interest please? This doesnt seem to be working.

The tracks inside the folder are in the wrong order when shown on PCDJ Red and theres a horrible gap between tracks even though on the CD they play without a break. Something tells me im going to need that Mini Disc player:eek:

Whilst on troubleshooting I loaded into the Recordcase ( data base) the contents of my Hard Drive (G) this all works fine.

I then copied the contents of Hard Drive( G ) to another back up hard Drive (F) but I cant get anything with hard Drive F connected.

Do I have to load another data base for Hard Drive( F) even though the tunes are identical?

I would have to do that with my Cortex.

thanks

CRAZY K

sleah
26-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Autoplay is just below the left player, on the far left. There are two (poss 3) buttons. Autoplay is labelled 'PLAY' and the one labelled 'SHFL' is shuffle autoplay.

What are your hard drives, are they both external or is one internal?
You do need to create separate entries in the database for extra drives, even if they seem the same.

CRAZY K
27-04-2007, 08:07 AM
Autoplay is just below the left player, on the far left. There are two (poss 3) buttons. Autoplay is labelled 'PLAY' and the one labelled 'SHFL' is shuffle autoplay.

What are your hard drives, are they both external or is one internal?
You do need to create separate entries in the database for extra drives, even if they seem the same.

Thanks for that--its gone from bad to worse--

I have Hardrive 1 and Hard drive 2 both external exactly same size make etc with identical data on them.

So I create database for Hard Drive 1 by using the Monitor a Music folder facility and fill up the database which appears on the Laptop Hard drive as Recordcase.

So far so good--then I can use thePCDJ Red Mixer with Hard drive---brilliant.

Problem--I now want to be able to use hard drive 2 in case Hard drive 1 blows up on the gig.

I connect hard drive 2 ---it will FIND tracks but I cant drag and drop ---file error message.

I guessed already I might have to load the database for hard drive 2 so I did that using Monitor a Music folder.

Still getting error message when trying to play through hard drive 2, hard drive 1 still fine.

BIT LIKE --FIRST COME FIRST SERVED!

Before I phone PCDJ any ideas--Darren this is what I was phoning about yesterday--my continous play problem is on the back burner till I sort this out.

thanks guys,

CRAZY K

CRAZY K
27-04-2007, 10:36 AM
Thanks for that--its gone from bad to worse--

I have Hardrive 1 and Hard drive 2 both external exactly same size make etc with identical data on them.

So I create database for Hard Drive 1 by using the Monitor a Music folder facility and fill up the database which appears on the Laptop Hard drive as Recordcase.

So far so good--then I can use thePCDJ Red Mixer with Hard drive---brilliant.

Problem--I now want to be able to use hard drive 2 in case Hard drive 1 blows up on the gig.

I connect hard drive 2 ---it will FIND tracks but I cant drag and drop ---file error message.

I guessed already I might have to load the database for hard drive 2 so I did that using Monitor a Music folder.

Still getting error message when trying to play through hard drive 2, hard drive 1 still fine.

BIT LIKE --FIRST COME FIRST SERVED!

Before I phone PCDJ any ideas--Darren this is what I was phoning about yesterday--my continous play problem is on the back burner till I sort this out.

thanks guys,

CRAZY K

Have spoken with PCDJ and have the answer--will post later as I need totry it out!

CRAZY K

sleah
28-04-2007, 12:54 AM
Have spoken with PCDJ and have the answer--will post later as I need totry it out!

CRAZY K

Mmm... I'll be interested to know the answer to that one!