PDA

View Full Version : Letter head

Ricesnaps
26-04-2007, 11:34 AM
You may have noticed that I am in the process of changing my logo with Shauns snazzy new one...

Just wondered what the best format for letter heads was. I generally have a word file with the header on and print myself. Currently with old logo, logo is centered at top, address centered under it with phone numbers centered unter that.

Somehow the new logo doesn't look right like that.

Any ideas please?

Marc J
26-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Sometimes your logo watermarked on the page (like 10% visible) quite large works well. I think that might be good with your new logo.

Even oversizing the watermarked logo so that it is larger than the page (and therefore clipped) is sometimes effective, although this can look bad if you can't print to the edge of the sheet (the logo will clip before the edge). Newer printers have edge to edge printing, though, or you could always get a batch professionally printed...

DJ Frankie
26-04-2007, 12:57 PM
My cover letter and booking forms have my logo watermarked in the background but I also have my logo at the top of the page. Looks good.

Ricesnaps
26-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Just tried that and it doesn't look so hot on mine!

MK Printing
16-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Hello

I suggest putting your letterhead logo into a 300dpi vector file to ensure it prints properly. Watermarks are a funny thing and I would only suggest to put one on if you really know what you are doing.

If I were you I would get letterheads printed professionally and then use them in your own printer and standard paper as continuation sheets.

Home printers really aren't that good at printing images, text is fine but a logo will never be printed to it's true potential.

Matt