PDA

View Full Version : crazy electrics - advice

axeman
30-04-2007, 03:57 PM
i was working in a small venue on saturday nightso took the minimum gear, and everything plugged into one plug board.

as the night kicked off i found my mixer sound effects worked when i pressed the smoke machine button? lol not everytime but quite a few times, also the active speaqkers went quiter for a minute once too !! the smoke machine is martin, the speakers are carlsbro and the mixer kam, and everything was pat tested last week, any ideas anyone !!

flatliners
30-04-2007, 10:54 PM
what you got there is a bad case or the sprites getting into your equipment and playing funny beggers there are devious little beggers but done worry if its on a monday just say yeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss sprites be gone and dance a jig while playing a piccallo and the sprites will go

rob1963
30-04-2007, 11:42 PM
Flatliners...are you Little Britain's Ray McCooney in disguise?

:D :D :D

sleah
01-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Sounds like either dodgy plug board (unlikely if just PAT'd, but possible) or most likely dodgy electrics in the venue

PropellerHeadCase
01-05-2007, 07:29 PM
My guess'd be RF interference between the signal cable for the smoke machine and the power lead to the mixer assuming the smoke machine HAS a signal lead and the two lines in question actually crossed.

flatliners
01-05-2007, 09:26 PM
if you ask me on a tuesday i would say yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssss

pagan_flame
01-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Flatliners...are you Little Britain's Ray McCooney in disguise?Maybe he is... and maybe he is not...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/littlebritain/images/396/mccooney.jpg