PDA

View Full Version : Web Hosting

Jiggles
03-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Hello all,

I'm after a web host that has a large My SQL data bases and loads of bandwidth and loads of web space for less than £20 per Month.

The reason for the large data base requirements is that me and my cousin are going to start to make a PHP game! which will require a large database for users! Yes its a very difficult task to make and i cant get my cousin off the idea!!

thanks CB

DMX Will
03-05-2007, 10:04 PM
www.servage.net

That's who we're hosted with Callum ;)

Danno13
03-05-2007, 10:19 PM
How large is large?

I have plenty of hosting space I can re-sell....

Marc J
04-05-2007, 07:30 AM
Got any figures other than "loads" Callum?

Bandwidth?
Disk Space?
Database Size?

On my hosting the Databases are on the hosting account, and so their size is only limited by the Disk Space available.

Jiggles
04-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Got any figures other than "loads" Callum?

Bandwidth?
Disk Space?
Database Size?

On my hosting the Databases are on the hosting account, and so their size is only limited by the Disk Space available.

Thats why i said loads as i havent got an exact figure as we dont know how good/popular it will be!

kilmeedyman
04-05-2007, 11:30 PM
www.uk2.net.

Superb company based in London, ultra-secure servers with first class backup and 24/7 support. Recommended regularly by me to clients.

eg.

Web Hosting - 20Gb storage, 1,000Gb/month bandwidth, PHP & MySQL support - £14.99 + vat per month

or, if your idea takes off big time....

Dedicated server - 80Gb hard drive, unmetered bandwidth £50 + vat per month

Shaun
04-05-2007, 11:48 PM
I highly recommend Marc J's services. :approve:

Marc J
05-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Thats why i said loads as i havent got an exact figure as we dont know how good/popular it will be!

Why not start out small and make sure your host will be able to upgrade you if / when you grow?

£20 a month is pricey and a little overkill for what will be experimental to start with.

DMX Will
05-05-2007, 03:56 PM
www.uk2.net (http://www.uk2.net).

Superb company based in London, ultra-secure servers with first class backup and 24/7 support. Recommended regularly by me to clients.

eg.

Web Hosting - 20Gb storage, 1,000Gb/month bandwidth, PHP & MySQL support - £14.99 + vat per month

or, if your idea takes off big time....

Dedicated server - 80Gb hard drive, unmetered bandwidth £50 + vat per month

Seems a bit pricey. Just to plug it again, SERVAGE (http://www.servage.net)

http://www.servage.net/img/features.gif?new
YES 3 TERABYTES of monthly transfer.

Couldn't recommend them more. I'm currently hosting 5 domains off ONE package, with no complaints from Servage at all....

www.virtualsights.co.uk
www.bustedjump.com
www.willperkins.co.uk
www.theatrefriends.com
www.egclubnight.co.uk

And it's less £5 a month :)

Marc J
05-05-2007, 04:20 PM
If Callum's idea picks up like he's expecting it might, I think Servage will waste no time in switching him off.

I keep reading bad things about them. Disk space and bandwidth aren't everything, servage sell on these but don't tell you that your account can be suspended for using too much server resources.

I'd recommend Callum Googles for reviews of anyone he's thinking of going with. After a quick search I found these mixed reviews of servage.net (http://servage.net.web-hosting-top.com/web-hosting/web-hosting-top.servage.net-reviews) which makes interesting reading. Has some good reviews too, and some coupon codes which may come in handy if you decide to go with them :)

Jiggles
05-05-2007, 06:09 PM
Hmm iv been looking at 1And1 and they seem to look good at only £13 per month, PHP, 8x 100MB MySQL databases and lots more!

rob1963
06-05-2007, 03:59 PM
I highly recommend Marc J's services. :approve:

So do I :) 10/10

kilmeedyman
06-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Hmm iv been looking at 1And1 and they seem to look good at only £13 per month, PHP, 8x 100MB MySQL databases and lots more!

Please do not use these. I had to rescue a client from them.
After 2 years of hosting, they suddenly transferred the url to another ISP who then wanted $250 to continue using the url. Beware !!!

Phil