PDA

View Full Version : Teaching Granny to Suck Eggs

BBoy-Gnash
07-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Look I am not here to wind people up I am here to read threads and contribute, what I do object to is patronising posts and people who think they know it all butting in when they haven’t got a clue or are still living in the past.

I may be only 17 but we operate in house only and we have had 6 quality covers this weekend alone. I was a roadie at 10 for the kids stuff working my way up through the ranks to where we run our own gigs now and I probably have more experience that half the DJ’s on this forum.

I can do: Motown – Northern Soul – Ska – Punk – Rock – Indie – New Wave and anything else you want to chuck at me and there aren’t many kids my age that can say that! My old man even made us learn big band sets for gods sake, how boring is that!!!

I have worked on forums since I was 12 and know MYSQL backwards and what it costs to run relevant to required bandwidth and all the other problems regarding hosting. I am sorry if this hurts but it is not rocket science and any Muppet who is half about could do it given some basic tuition.

We run top end kit and generally bin it into eBay at 12 months to start the cycle again. We have PAT, PLI and cover most of the better end venues in the West Country and if I only have a couple of posts on a different forum against some post ho then that doesn’t make me a lesser person on a forum.

I propose a truce to anyone I have offended and if you aren’t up to that then simply don’t read what I post. On the other hand I promise not to be boring and be honest with my replies but please don’t try to teach you’re granny to suck eggs.

I may not know it all but I am at the better end of the knowledge tree thanks to some good tuition and I learn something new every day and I am happy to admit that.

Thames Valley Discos
07-05-2007, 02:44 PM
i,m lost. Are you a DJ or someone who scoots around the floor on his hands?
Your web site confuses me.

BBoy-Gnash
07-05-2007, 02:51 PM

The site is there as it is mine, I am a DJ and I prefer to keep my stuff seperate from my old mans company and if you read this:

http://www.bboy-crew.co.uk/hire_us.htm

Then thats as good as it gets at the momment.

dj steady
07-05-2007, 02:52 PM

Got to agree with you there nothing on he's gallery to sugest he's a D.J.

BBoy-Gnash
07-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Got to agree with you there nothing to sugest he's a D.J.

The site is there as it is mine, I am a DJ and I prefer to keep my stuff seperate from my old mans company and if you read this:

Thames Valley Discos
07-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Although you may be bright, and very clever. You are still only 17.
There is a lot to be gained from age and time will teach you that.
You say you run top end kit. Looking at your pics id hardley call your decks (cd) and mixer top end.
I know i sound like my Dad used to, but in years to come you will realise you actually knew very little.

dj steady
07-05-2007, 03:01 PM

An Echo post......interesting seems to be same statement you made 2 posts ago.....!!!!:bang:

BBoy-Gnash
07-05-2007, 03:05 PM
An Echo post......interesting seems to be same statement you made 2 posts ago.....!!!!:bang:

And why was that I wonder, perhaps I was anserwing the same question :bang: :bang: :bang:

Although you may be bright, and very clever. You are still only 17.
There is a lot to be gained from age and time will teach you that.
You say you run top end kit. Looking at your pics id hardley call your decks (cd) and mixer top end.
I know i sound like my Dad used to, but in years to come you will realise you actually knew very little.

If I need advice I always ask the old man who is probably far more experienced than most of you I would guess.

Regarding the kit, we do not take pictures from other peoples sites and I took that from our archive. The American Pro picture is probably three years old but it had some fitties in it and joe public wouldnt have a clue.

We run all active Mackie, tops and subs, mostly Martin lighting and Pioneer CDJ-1000 + MK3Pioneer DJM 500 Mixers. We have some scabby Numark stuff for backup but all the rigs are almost identical now.

Thames Valley Discos
07-05-2007, 03:18 PM
If your dad is that much more experienced than most of the people on here. I suggest you sit down and discuss the meaning of life with him.
And i dont recall saying you take pictures from other peoples sites.
If you are that good with web sites then why not update your own. 3 Years is a long time without updates. To be honest looking at yours i,d never know you did Discos.

BBoy-Gnash
07-05-2007, 03:23 PM
If your dad is that much more experienced than most of the people on here. I suggest you sit down and discuss the meaning of life with him.
And i dont recall saying you take pictures from other peoples sites.
If you are that good with web sites then why not update your own. 3 Years is a long time without updates. To be honest looking at yours i,d never know you did Discos.

And your point is??????

dj steady
07-05-2007, 03:26 PM
[QUOTE=BBoy-Gnash;111842]If I need advice I always ask the old man who is probably far more experienced than most of you I would guess.

Bit of a rash statement to make, can't understand why you would be on here if your dads such a mind of information.....

This forum has many D.J. / Karaoke Hosts that are very good and knowledgable at what they do and as a collective could probably teach both you and your dad some useful things if you wern't so arrogant to think your old man knows it all.....personally i take that remark as an insult.....

BBoy-Gnash
07-05-2007, 03:28 PM
[QUOTE=BBoy-Gnash;111842]If I need advice I always ask the old man who is probably far more experienced than most of you I would guess.

Bit of a rash statement to make, can't understand why you would be on here if your dads such a mind of information.....

This forum has many D.J. / Karaoke Hosts that are very good and knowledgable at what they do and as a collective could probably teach both you and your dad some useful things if you wern't so arrogant to think your old man knows it all.....personally i take that remark as an insult.....

That up to you I not the one with the lighrt screens>>>>

Silver
07-05-2007, 03:29 PM
I'm sorry but I've just had a look at his website and I thought it was advertising a dancing lessons! http://planetsmilies.net/party-smiley-565.gif

BBoy-Gnash
07-05-2007, 03:30 PM
I'm sorry but I've just had a look at his website and I thought it was advertising a dancing lessons! http://planetsmilies.net/party-smiley-565.gif

If you think you are fit enough ... bring it on

DeZine
07-05-2007, 03:31 PM

I've got to agree.

Why this post was initially created beats me. Teenage angst, perhaps?

BBoy - I greatly admire peoplle like yourself who are proud of what they do and, more importantly, what they think. BUT, all this, "I know more than you do" and references to "my old man" and his infinite wisdom doesn't do yourself any favours - it just confirms that you are indeed 17 years of age and that you still have a lot to learn.

Divert your energies to other things in a positive way instead of using this and/or other forums to preach your gospel of petulance.

BBoy-Gnash
07-05-2007, 03:32 PM
I've got to agree.

Why this post was initially created beats me. Teenage angst, perhaps?

BBoy - I greatly admire peoplle like yourself who are proud of what they do and, more importantly, what they think. BUT, all this, "I know more than you do" and references to "my old man" and his infinite wisdom doesn't do yourself any favours - it just confirms that you are indeed 17 years of age and that you still have a lot to learn.

Divert your energies to other things in a positive way instead of using this and/or other forums to preach your gospel of petulance.

Dont you just love forums >>>>>>>

dj steady
07-05-2007, 03:32 PM
[QUOTE=dj steady;111849]

A statement that truely shows the imaturity of your age.....this is a mature forum not a nursery......

BBoy-Gnash
07-05-2007, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE=BBoy-Gnash;111851]

A statement that truely shows the imaturity of your age.....this is a mature forum not a nursery......

Next ......

soundtracker
07-05-2007, 03:34 PM
It would appear that your main aim here is to try and wind people up. We could just pass this off as the arrogance of youth, but you seem to have a tremendous knack for putting your foot in it. I think the parlance is "Chill out", this is a friendly place, and we would prefer to keep it that way, having a pop at other people is not, and will not be tolerated.

Thames Valley Discos
07-05-2007, 03:37 PM
He is digging his own grave. When it comes to needing help/advise i,m sure little will be forth coming.
You cant put an old head on young shoulders.
His attitude is that of someone even younger than 17.
I,ll ignore for now.

Silver
07-05-2007, 03:39 PM
[QUOTE=dj steady;111849]

Has your father ever suggested you read the world famous book by Dale Carnegie..... http://www.westegg.com/unmaintained/carnegie/win-friends.html , if not then maybe you should invest in a copy. Hell you really are starting a http://planetsmilies.net/violent-smiley-1528.gif with your attitude but going on your comments to date you just don't really care.

P.S. Steve (dj steady) I'm with you.

Thames Valley Discos
07-05-2007, 03:40 PM
And your point is??????

My point is...
You state you know an awfull lot about forums and the running of such,
You state you run top end gear, yet your confusing site has pictures of £99 decks and a £50 mixer. Do you not feel this needs updating. Should be easy for a man with great knowledge with the help of his Dad.

DeZine
07-05-2007, 03:41 PM
It would appear that your main aim here is to try and wind people up. We could just pass this off as the arrogance of youth, but you seem to have a tremendous knack for putting your foot in it. I think the parlance is "Chill out", this is a friendly place, and we would prefer to keep it that way, having a pop at other people is not, and will not be tolerated.

HEAR! HEAR!

I came on to this forum in order to gleam information from those with FAR more experience than I in certain areas. I have found it to be a thoroughly helpful and friendly place.

BBoy, there are sites online in which you can try your, "Come and have a go if you think your hard enough" diatribe.

"Chill out" and calm down. Trust me, life is too short.

BBoy-Gnash
07-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Read my earlier post, I actually want to participate but I won’t be treated like a fool. An earlier thread was shut down due to the arrogance of a mod and that is an abuse of power. It’s a sad thing but what happens is the PM system and the mod areas go crazy to try to get people to tow the line.

I have said nothing offensive; in fact I have found some of the replies to my posts quite immature for adults and it all seems like the hierarchy is a bit of a boys club.

I would still like to call a truce though as all this typing is annoying :)

And I take back what I said about light screens :zip:

dj steady
07-05-2007, 03:46 PM
[QUOTE=BBoy-Gnash;111851]

Has your father ever suggested you read the world famous book by Dale Carnegie..... http://www.westegg.com/unmaintained/carnegie/win-friends.html , if not then maybe you should invest in a copy. Hell you really are starting a http://planetsmilies.net/violent-smiley-1528.gif with your attitude but going on your comments to date you just don't really care.

P.S. Steve (dj steady) I'm with you.

Cheers mate..... what are lighrt screens anyway... i thought they were light screens...still i could be wrong ( but i doubt it )..

You say you won't be treated like a fool....stop acting like one and you might gain more respect from other forum members.
We have plenty of young members on this site and none of them have gone heads on for an all out fight with other members such as what you have done in this thread....lifes too short to make enemys.... you can never have too many friends remember that.....

DeZine
07-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Read my earlier post, I actually want to participate but I won’t be treated like a fool.

First, I did read it.

If you do not want to be treated like a fool then sometimes it is better to keep your mouth shut than to open it and confirm that you are one (with apologies to Abraham Lincoln! ;) )

When people disagree with you on certain matters it is because they disagree.......NOT because they are treating you like a fool. However, it seems that you have young testosterone-fuelled male's inability to practice reasoned discourse without the ability to be able to recognise when you are acting like a fool.

I am sure that the Moderators had good reason to shout down your earlier thread/post.

And if you have to take back what you have previously stated/said then why say it in the forst place? Brain engage mouth (or fingers as the case may be here!! :D )

Silver
07-05-2007, 04:01 PM
[QUOTE=Silver;111860]

Cheers mate..... what are lighrt screens anyway... i thought they were light screens...still i could be wrong ( but i doubt it )..

You say you won't be treated like a fool....stop acting like one and you might gain more respect from other forum members.
We have plenty of young members on this site and none of them have gone heads on for an all out fight with other members such as what you have done in this thread....lifes too short to make enemys.... you can never have too many friends remember that.....

I remember your single (as us old fogeys used to call them) ... There she goes by the L A 's ...http://planetsmilies.net/tongue-smiley-8855.gif

BBoy-Gnash
07-05-2007, 04:22 PM
[QUOTE=Silver;111860]

Are you the old guy in the avatar?

dj steady
07-05-2007, 04:24 PM
[QUOTE=dj steady;111865]

I remember your single (as us old fogeys used to call them) ... There she goes by the L A 's ...http://planetsmilies.net/tongue-smiley-8855.gif

Excellent....:lol: :lol:

wensleydale
07-05-2007, 04:24 PM
maybe he hasn't gone about it in the right way, but I think the original post had some valid points.
it now appears that the older generation who should know better seem as keen to bicker with gnash as he seems to wind you guys up.

given the amount of work he's offered on here recently he must be doing something right....

dj steady
07-05-2007, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE=dj steady;111865]

one of them yes.....why do you fancy me...:eek:

Silver
07-05-2007, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE=dj steady;111865]

Errr............they're NUN's!

ian8limelight
07-05-2007, 04:42 PM
Due to some of the content of this thread, it is now closed.