PDA

View Full Version : Hello :) newbie here

jx305
07-05-2007, 07:22 PM
:bang: hi to everyone :) :D

Shaun
07-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Hello, and welcome to the forum. Tell us a little about yourself. :)

Jiggles
07-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Hi and :welcome2:

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay!

ian8limelight
07-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Welcome aboard.

Penfold42
07-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Hello and welcome..
Pull up a chair...:beer1:

Tony Scott
07-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Hello John

Everyone seems a bit involved with the GNASH thing at present.

Anyway..........hello & welcome.

Cheers

Tony.

jx305
07-05-2007, 09:04 PM
woo, wat to say. got really into dj lighting when i was 16 and working as a glass collector in a late pub. they had a dj box with loads of "just had to be played with" touch sensitive lighting controllers. I learned how to program it and would spend time after my shift or days off being the lighting lad just for fun. The landlord never minded and encouraged me to to learn more. Once we got this light centerpiece we called the OCTOPUS cos it had 8 mirrors that only moved up and down and 8 different sets of reflecting mirrors that rotated, colour must have been a rotating gel barrel inside or something and was controlled by a analogue 1-10v slider at the dj box. I did a spot of mixing for a student night but me being so shy hated every minute of it although no one seemed to complain lol. from 18 i was a barman but kept up with the hobby of lighting as my main interest. I used to maintain the rig (replace bulbs, clean, fill up fog thingy which was right up in the roof space :eek: and i hate hights lol the whole rig would sway and id go dizzy :D then the place was shutting down and the boss threw me my first ever lights, I got 6 pinspots and 4 scanners (the moving head pinspot type) the rest was going to other pubs. I was overjoyed!! my own lights with nothing to controll them lol. I did manage once to completely destroy this UFO type light, it was a spinny round head with 3 motors and a 500w halogen lamp inside. I didnt know it was 24volt on the motors and blew all three LOL .I never went back to the pub trade after all that i settled in a nice supermarket job filling shelves but have over time now got 3 5ft UV flurescents, still got the moving head pinspot scanners (now over 15 years old with original bulbs in, STILL WORKING:eek: (never had much use lol) the 6 pins (planning to buy 8 shiny new ones next month) a soundlab sparkler, njd sword, acme winner, EU lights MINI LINE, NJD PC4000S, ACME DMX MASTER 1, and a NJD EURO 4E. I know its not alot but im a home hobbyist, its just for me and not mobile. I had to make my own cabinet for the controllers and a bit of crafty Bulgin to standard sockets wiring for the lights. I now concentrate on my music which I either create or modify existing midi files for my step day who has been a singer for over 25 years. Hes blind so i do his backing tracks for him after i converted him from Tape to MINI DISC. I custom built my own PC with a soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS soundcard for crystal clear accoustics, and have a Roland JX305 GrooveSynth, Roland Juno D, and a Korg X50 synth running through Sonar 6 Studio and a Motu MIDI express 128 interface. On top of that I love photography and now have a Nikon D50 DSLR and try to visit places to capture on cam. all in all a busy (now 33) year old with probably too much time on my hands lol :D

Tony Scott
07-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Just checked out your site.....can you really visit Hack Green Secret Nuclear Bunker? Love that sort of thing! Details please.

Ta!

Tony

jx305
07-05-2007, 09:59 PM
hmm, tried to say something about myself and doesnt seem to have appeared :( it was too long maybe. il try add more after work tomorrow :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-05-2007, 10:21 PM
hmm, tried to say something about myself and doesnt seem to have appeared :( it was too long maybe. il try add more after work tomorrow :)

Sorry, my fault - I didn't validate you quick enough. :o

DMX Will
07-05-2007, 11:07 PM
Sorry, my fault - I didn't validate you quick enough. :o

Does everyone have to be Admin-Approved these days then?

Welcome to the forum BTW :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
08-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Does everyone have to be Admin-Approved these days then?

Yes, because otherwise we get a load of idiots spamming the board.

Paul James Promotions
08-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Greetings :)

groovy-nights
08-05-2007, 10:27 AM
welcome

Penfold42
08-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Yes, because otherwise we get a load of idiots spamming the board.

Do you get a lot of Monty Phython fans on here then.....:p

I'll get my coat then....:D

Corabar Steve
09-05-2007, 08:13 AM
:welcome1: :approve: :beer3: