PDA

View Full Version : Have you always been paid at the end of the night?

scoopd
14-05-2007, 09:17 PM
How often do you think "It's near the end of the night I'll get paid soon" and you wait and wait until ............................eventually you get paid-or do you?
Any Stories

Shaun
14-05-2007, 09:22 PM
My contract stipulates that payment is due in cash prior to the start of the entertainment. I don't start till I have cash in hand. Alternatively they can pay via cheque no later than 14 days prior to the event.

I'm still toying with the idea of changing my payment policy to full payment 14 days before the event. There's a few members on the forum that have a similar structure, and it seems to work well for them.

pulsemobiledisco
14-05-2007, 09:50 PM
How often do you think "It's near the end of the night I'll get paid soon" and you wait and wait until ............................eventually you get paid-or do you?
Any Stories

Never, because my T&C's state full payment 14 days vy cheque prior to the event, or on arrival on the night.

Sam

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-05-2007, 09:54 PM
I started taking payment in advance a couple of years ago, and generally it's much easier.

You don't have to chase people out of the building or have people tell you they've forgotten their cheque book etc.

ian8limelight
14-05-2007, 10:38 PM
Following deposit, full payment at least 10 days before the function (unless it's the Hotel's paying the bill themselves !!!) :D

PropellerHeadCase
14-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Final payment and play list due a fortnight prior to function.

Final meeting or phonecall after that is received, or during, if meeting.

Because DJing is an intangible (nothing to show for it after the fact) it is notoriously difficult to get people to pay-up afterwards, no matter how good you were.

Payments for extras hours on the night, strictly cash.

Venue bookings are invoiced following the function.

DMX Will
14-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Depends.

- Cheque 7 days prior to event OR
- Cash in hand before event starts (Don't accept cheques on the night) OR
- No disco :D

I find alot of people actually pop up and say, let me pay you, when we've been in the building for about 20 seconds, which is nice. It's good to see that they have obviously spent the time running through the terms, and haven't just scribbled at the bottom.

DMX Will
14-05-2007, 11:44 PM
Oh - and Invoice to be paid within 30days of invoice date. If a establishment/company. Invoice is made after the "deed is done" so to speak :)

jamesh
14-05-2007, 11:47 PM
i generally go with 50% payment as a booking confirmation fee and the date is not booked in the diary until that has been received ... Where it states in the contract that dates are on a first come first served basis only - so if they drag their heels in booking they could loose out.

The rest is payable up until the night itself but if it's on the night it's payable in cash only BEFORE Setup.... I am thinking of changing it to payment in full 7 working days before the function date as i think that will take another possible problem element out of the actual day itself but for now it's as stated above.

Corabar Steve
15-05-2007, 07:56 AM
We were a cash on the night at the start company, but have now gone over to advance payment only.

Can't be doing with chasing money when I should be breaking down equipment.

rob1963
15-05-2007, 12:03 PM
My contract stipulates that payment is due in cash prior to the start of the entertainment. I don't start till I have cash in hand. Alternatively they can pay via cheque no later than 14 days prior to the event.

Shaun...I do exactly the same as you.

It avoids the problems I used to have, where you wait until the end of the night, only to find that they have forgotton the money, or lost it, or the person who had it was taken home early due to being seriously drunk, etc etc

CRAZY K
15-05-2007, 12:39 PM
:D
Any Stories

Story? in the 70s one of my DJs WAS GIVEN A BOUNCING CHEQUE ( thats still a criminal offence I believe) --so he went round the clients house on hearing that the pubs Catering cheque bounced as well.

Customer claimed he had no money--fine said the DJ ill just take your cine camera and when you give us the money you can have it back:D

I paid the DJ and took the camera,warned the client he had 30 days.

Otherwise ebay===well Exchange and Mart in those days:D

Never did pay us so rang the client gave him a last chance and told him we were flogging his camera, if there was anything left there would be a ---------cheque in the post:D

Was this covered in the T and C s--no we didnt have any.

CRAZY K

groovy-nights
15-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Full payment 7 days before hand with all are bookings

sparc
15-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Private clients: £50 advance payment on booking, final balance to be paid in full up to 14 days before the event by cheque, cash, or bank transfer.

Agencies: payment in full within 7 days of event.