PDA

View Full Version : A good day today.

Shakermaker Promotions
16-05-2007, 10:53 PM
Got up this morning and felt like rubbish to be honest. I played footie with my nephew the other afternoon with my nephew and it was chucking it down and there was thunder and lightning etc...I caught a chill I think and..well, I wasn't at my best. I was woken by an enquiry early on (well early for me....9.30am) and it was a lady enquiring about a DJ for her daughters wedding. I made a joke about not meaning to sound like Barry White and she actually laughed.

Anyway, the wedding is in August so I said that I would like to (as I always do) go and see her and talk through how she expected things to go and go through the booking form etc... We arranged a time for earlier this evening. I had 2 other enquiries to go to aswell today and all of them have confirmed. All of them said that they liked the personal touch. The other 2 consultations were for weddings next year in March and August. The lady that called me today and who I went to see tonight was very impressed with what I had to tell her and her daughter and her fiancee. I never like talking about money etc and when it comes to saying that a deposit is required to confirm and secure the date, I'm paranoid and I'm sure I mumble (I guess I don't but I feel like I do...lol). The lady paid up front for the whole thing there and then! "I trust you" she said "You seem like a very nice young man"...and then her husband butted in saying "Even if you do look like Phil Mitchell!"..We all laughed and I went away thinking that I couldn't wait until it came to their reception, it will be great (hopefully). They seem like a mad bunch who will be up for a laugh.

So, 3 confirmations and one paid up...a good day yeh? But it gets better. I had a call this afternoon too from another venue asking me if I would go and see them about my services. I already have a contract with one of their hotels and I think that the person responsible for passing on my details recently left the Basingstoke venue to go to the other one. I won't say where it is just in case it is a residency of someone on here and I really don't want to upset anyone. I also had a call from a mate of mine who I haven't seen for about 6 months. He'd been trying to get my number and asked if I could do his wedding so I have arranged to go and see him tomorrow night. If that wasn't all, I had 2 email enquiries today aswell. One for a wedding including a mobile bar and one for a 40th birthday. Just waiting to hear from them after I gave them quotations by email.

As a relatively new business, I could not wished for a better start. Looking through my diary, I have 9 weddings already for 2008. The only months that aren't full this year so far are October and November.

I'm not bragging...Just been a good day business wise and I wanted to share that. It's great when it happens as you feel like things are really beginning to work. I'm sure we all have them..don't we.

rob1963
16-05-2007, 11:15 PM
Hiya Shakermaker,

Glad to hear you had such a good day, and I hope you're feeling better now.

I had a pretty good one too. Went to visit a client who wanted something I haven't done before...a disco for a joint 18th Birthday, 21st Birthday, 60th Birthday & 30th wedding anniversary! As I was the only person of the 3 she contacted that bothered to reply to her & visit her, I got the booking.

When I got home I had a phone message from someone I'd sent a quote to a couple of weeks ago for a wedding next summer. I didn't expect her to book, as I haven't heard from her for the 2 weeks since I sent her a quote...but her message said she wanted to book & asked me to call her back.

So 2 bookings in one day.

Then I had a very enjoyable pub quiz night tonight with a really good atmosphere, so I also had a pretty good day!

:)

ross@rds
16-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Nice work mate theres no better feeling that feeling like your wanted and well lets be straight your in high demand lol. Hope the gigs go well and keep the hard work up it pays off in the end as you will know now.

Shakermaker Promotions
17-05-2007, 08:58 AM
Cheers Ross and well done Rob aswell. Yes, it's good knowing that things are coming togeather nicely.

Shaun
18-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Looks like all the hard work's paying off nicely Gary. Keep up the great work. :)

ian8limelight
18-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Excellent Gary, I am well pleased for you.

benlewis13
18-05-2007, 07:17 PM
well done, it just happens one day, it clicks and you realise your business is becoming a success.